C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

argh...rain!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 04:31 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default argh...rain!!

its raining today...AGAIN. I was going to install a kenwood tape deck receiver today, because the one in the car now doesn't work, and it doesn't pick up stations to well. The radio in there now is aftermarket(cut dash), so the install would be a breeze, that is, if it wasn't raining. I don't have the luxery of a garage. :sad:

Hopefully it will stop before it gets to dark, and I can get it in before tomarrow morning.

Also rain=wet floorboards. I thought I had this problem solved with new rubber...whats the deal? Where should I look for the problem? since its getting close to cold weather, I guess I can dive into the car deeply(if needed). But I would like for the car to be together by saturday, as there is a 'vette club meeting, and it will be the first one I attend WITH the car(usually I don't have time to go to one, and when I do the car is being worked on, and if its not, all the guys are at a car show somewhere...). none of them have seen it, I think some of them think I don't even have a vette... :rolleyes:
Thanks;

Daniel
PS. I'm going to take the camera, and hopefully get some shots...usually the turnout is 10-15 cars...not a lot, but still the most I've seen at once.
Old 11-27-2001, 04:42 PM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Default Re: argh...rain!! (daniel77350)

holes in the fire wall maybe?
Old 11-27-2001, 04:52 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: argh...rain!! (ZD75blue)

I am afraid the only way to find it is to remove the dash... :eek:

but I don't know..It doesn't leak when I wash the car....

Daniel
Old 11-27-2001, 06:20 PM
FeedVaal
Burning Brakes

Default Re: argh...rain!! (daniel77350)

Daniel, I feel your pain. I've been tracing leaks the past few days also. New weatherstrip= new problems. One thing to check is at the rear of the sill plate there is a rubber rain diverter. I needed to put some sealant on the inner edge to keep my seatbelt dry. Any water on the sill plate can migrate to the floor boards if there is a gap at the front. I threw some sealant in there also.
I hope it isn't the firewall or windshield as that is a real PITA.
:cheers:
Old 11-27-2001, 06:23 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: argh...rain!! (FeedVaal)

I will check there...my seatbelt had some water on it, but it was the top part...I think thats the window seating poorly aginst the weatherstripping. I also hope its not the windsheild or the firewall. But I think one day, when I have about $300 and nothing else to do, I will have a guy come out and remove my windsheild, then I'll clean and repaint around it, and have him reinstall it with me watching, to make sure he does a good job. The last guy that did it did a bad job. He BROKE the window, then charged my dad to replace it........my dad was gullible when it came to the vette.

Daniel

Get notified of new replies

To argh...rain!!

Quick Reply: argh...rain!!