C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

extent of work??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 10:36 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extent of work??

Well we finally got our first rain this past weekend. well our first REAL rain since my paint job/weatherstrip install, and sadly enough I was wading through my car this morning driving to school. :sad: Funny because when I wash it, it doesn't leak...Also my weatherstripping is starting to settle, showing me new problems. Not to mention my windows where poorly aligned by the shop(they seal, but don't line up how they should). On top of all of that my passangers side door is a tad off. It didn't bother me at first, but the more I look at it, the more it bothers me.

This is one of my "under $25 repairs":
Remove the glass, remove the weatherstripping, Buy some 3m weatherstrip adhesive(under $5). Then I'll realign the passangers side door, making sure its PERFECT(so I don't do it again)...also checking the drivers side door with a magnafying glass to make sure its PERFECT as well(again making sure I don't have to redo it). While the windows are out, I'll try to make my power windows work better, maybe have to reground them(I heard it helps)...also cleaning up and regreesing the tracks(already have the greese...$free).

Then I'll clean the windows really well, and try to fill in the scratches with toothpaste(heard it works again $free). Then when I put the door panels back on I will buy a door panel mounting kit ($2 each...need 4...total $8). Then finally I will put the weatherstripping back on, may need to replace a screw or two...$5 max.

So for about $20...I will have good working windows, and aligned doors, and hopefully a leakproof car...

So how many hours of work am I looking at for doing this?

I appreciate this.

Daniel

Quick Reply: extent of work??