C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belts sarted making noises after driving for about 45 mins.....

Old 11-26-2001, 09:54 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Belts sarted making noises after driving for about 45 mins.....

Im sure im going to hear its a result of the race with my mustang post previous... :D , but i dont think it was because this was about 30 mins after that.
Anyway, out of nowhere i started hearing a squelling noise, and thought it might have been my clutch out of adjustment, but i pulled over and it stopped when it idles...got outta the car and opened the engine compartment....when i gave the motor some gas at the carb i could hear it was something around the front of the motor and im pretty sure its the belts. But, why all of the sudden?? weird IMO. The only other thing i could think of is, maybe a pulley or bearing for the water pump of alternator is bad?? your opinion??
I appreciate your help
Chris
Old 11-27-2001, 06:45 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Belts sarted making noises after driving for about 45 mins..... (74VETTE)

Here is what happened to me... When I got my car. the A/C belt was missing and so was the small waterpump to crank belt. I decided to change All of the belts at one tome . I got all of the correct belts at Auto Zone. (Kelly Springfield). After a few days they started slipping and squeeling. I adusted them until I was out of room to adjust them, tried belt dressing, soap and nothing worked. They seemed tight enough.... Still squeeled and slipped. I went to the Delco dealer and got a whole new set and put them and ajusted them.... no problems since. That was about 9-10 months ago, they are still tight.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:49 PM
Ron 75 L48
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Belts sarted making noises after driving for about 45 mins..... (silvervetteman)

I had a very similar problem as silvervetteman with my A/C belt. I bought a Kelly Springfield belt from Autozone and it was good for a short while and then started squealing again. I bought an AC Delco belt from Advance Auto Parts and and have not had any problems since (about 5 months).

Get notified of new replies

To Belts sarted making noises after driving for about 45 mins.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Belts sarted making noises after driving for about 45 mins.....