C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3rs w/C4s, battery question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 01:33 AM
nunus79
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3rs w/C4s, battery question

I know I should post this in the C4 section but, I feel more comfortable here. Does anyone know where the battery and hood latch are on a 94 C4? I have been entrusted to take care of my cousin's Vette while he is battling throat cancer. The cancer seems to be on the verge of winning. Anyway, his Vette is parked in a dark condominium parking lot. When I went to start it up the battery was dead. I didn't have a flashlight handy so I just buttoned everything backup and left. Is there anything else that I should know about before trying to jump the battery?? Thanks for the help.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:14 AM
Maco Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: C3rs w/C4s, battery question (nunus79)

Located on the drivers side. Look under the dash near the kick panel, but still on the underside of the dash. The battery is located behind the left front wheel (drivers side). When the hood is up, it is easy to see. If it needs to be removed, the easiest way is to remove that side panel. It is held on by torx screws. Its not hard to do, just a little time consuming.
Hope this helps.
Sorry about the cancer.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:13 PM
nunus79
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C3rs w/C4s, battery question (Maco Shark)

Maco
Thanks for the info. You probably saved me a back-n-forth tool run trip w/the torx screwdriver tip. Appreciate it.

Okay, okay, I'll admit it, I was lifting up his cargo area carpet looking for the darn thing. :D

Thanks again :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To C3rs w/C4s, battery question

Quick Reply: C3rs w/C4s, battery question