Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

F/S ALL ALuminum trailer 16'

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:39 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 642 Likes on 360 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

Default F/S ALL ALuminum trailer 16'

buying a new enclosed trailer.....this one is for sale.....has been garaged its whole life except for when I pull it. All aluminum, 16', 4 wheel electric brakes

The bare trailer with the spare tire is $3750. Weighs just 1000 pounds!

options include at an extra price or will be removed from the trailer are:

electric Winch and battery $600

Another option for an extra price is Mac's Custom tie down for wheel nets....$400

wheel nets not included

Options not purchased with the trailer will be removed.....there will be some holes left behind.

Questions? let me know.....

regards, Herb

Last edited by firstgear; 12-23-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Vogie
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who is the manufacturer of the trailer?

Load capacity? Brakes?

I assume the tie down system you described as being an option are the tracks and associated parts. How many holes are drilled in the floor to secure the tracks?

How old is the battery with the winch and is it a sealed lead gel or a regular lead acid battery?

It would appear that one could open the door of a car over the fender. Please confirm this.

Could you describe the ramps?

Thanks.

Last edited by Vogie; 12-22-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 710 Likes on 388 Posts

what is the distance from the deck to the top of the fender? are the fenders removeable??
Old 12-23-2007, 09:44 AM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Vogie
Who is the manufacturer of the trailer?

Load capacity? Brakes?

I assume the tie down system you described as being an option are the tracks and associated parts. How many holes are drilled in the floor to secure the tracks?

How old is the battery with the winch and is it a sealed lead gel or a regular lead acid battery?

It would appear that one could open the door of a car over the fender. Please confirm this.

Could you describe the ramps?

Thanks.

thanks for asking, some of these things I should have put in the listing....

Load capacity? From the VIN tag on the side of the trailer 7,000 GVWR
When I took the trailer to get tags, I had to have it weighed. With it attached to my truck it weighed 1,000 pounds.

Brakes? yes, electric brakes - 4

I assume the tie down system you described as being an option are the tracks and associated parts. How many holes are drilled in the floor to secure the tracks? The tie down tracks are bolted every 6 inches. The fasteners are stainless steel and on the underside are aluminum bars that span the aluminum joists underneath to have a solid mounting every 6 inches. There are a few bolts underneath that do not have the aluminum backing bar because of cross members in the way, but they are not in areas that are holding down the car. The aluminum bars used to attach the track to the trailer were $150 by themselves, not counting the SS hardware.

How old is the battery with the winch and is it a sealed lead gel or a regular lead acid battery?it is a regular lead acid battery. the trailer was bought new March 2005. The trailer is a 2004 model that was left over. They had 2004 and 2005 models, I bought the 2004 model since it was a little less expensive at the time.

It would appear that one could open the door of a car over the fender. Please confirm this.yes, I can open the doors over the top of the trailer fenders. The car sits lower now than it did when it was stock and I have no problem opening the car doors over the fenders. From the trailer DECK to the TOP of the FENDER measures 6-3/4".

Could you describe the ramps? The ramps attach to the front of the tralier and stack above each other to provide a stone guard when traveling down the road. They are 72" long and have a giant wing nut (one each) that hold them to the trailer when traveling. The very top photo gives you a good idea of how they stack and the giant (black) wing nut that screws down to hold them tight to the trailer.

other questions?

Last edited by firstgear; 12-23-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:47 AM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by provette67
what is the distance from the deck to the top of the fender? are the fenders removeable??
the height of the fender to the deck is 6-3/4" and are not removable, as low as my '60 vette sits, I do not have a problem with the car door swinging over the fender. If you are intersted you should measure the bottom of your car door to the ground to see if it will clear.

other questions?
Old 12-23-2007, 09:48 AM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

trailer is manufactured by R&R Trailer out of Michigan.....
Old 12-31-2007, 08:32 AM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

I have the trailer listed on EBay now since no one was interested in buying the trailer from the site. The reserve price is the same, $3750....

Herb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300186610758

Last edited by firstgear; 12-31-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S ALL ALuminum trailer 16'

Quick Reply: F/S ALL ALuminum trailer 16'