C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Productive Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 03:00 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Productive Weekend

Got my passenger side chrome mirror installed, and the new stero installed. Thanks to Alwyn for the mirror template! Mirror job was a 30min piece of cake. Turned out perfect. I was suprised how thin the door fiberglass was.
The stero was another story. After many hours of troubleshooting, I found a bad in line power fuse, broken speaker wire, and bad ground. (thanks to Ed T for the wire diagrams) The fuse and spkr wire came with the unit... :mad :mad The ground was my fault :conehead I bought the "Custom Autosound" USA1 unit ($179 at Vette show) with 2 Kenwood 4x6 Spkrs ($89 at Circut City) and the unit fit perfectly in the bezel. Spkrs fit in dash perfect too. Sound is pretty good for only 64w with no sub woofers! I have to hear the engine above ACDC anyway so I'm happy.. :cheers: :seeya :seeya :seeya

[Modified by Silvr77, 7:25 PM 11/25/2001]

[Modified by Silvr77, 7:28 PM 11/25/2001]
Old 11-25-2001, 03:24 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Productive Weekend (Silvr77)

Funny, I'm getting ready to take my Stereo out for good. I figure after I get the 454 and sidepipes in, I'll have no use for a stereo! I'll just put it in one of my other cars that has a quiet exhaust :)

Good luck with the stereo
Old 11-25-2001, 03:33 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: Productive Weekend (Silvr77)

Got my passenger side chrome mirror installed, and the new stero installed. Thanks to Alwyn for the mirror template! Mirror job was a 30min piece of cake. Turned out perfect. I was suprised how thin the door fiberglass was.
The stero was another story. After many hours of troubleshooting, I found a bad in line power fuse, broken speaker wire, and bad ground. (thanks to Ed T for the wire diagrams) The fuse and spkr wire came with the unit... :mad :mad The ground was my fault :conehead I bought the "Custom Autosound" USA1 unit ($179 at Vette show) with 2 Kenwood 4x6 Spkrs ($89 at Circut City) and the unit fit perfectly in the bezel. Spkrs fit in dash perfect too. Sound is pretty good for only 64w with no sub woofers! I have to hear the engine above ACDC anyway so I'm happy.. :cheers: :seeya :seeya :seeya

[Modified by Silvr77, 7:25 PM 11/25/2001]

That is weird....I was suprised at how thick the fiberglass was in the door...!! Oh well glad ya got it installed!!!! Sounds like the stereo is working great!!!.

[Modified by Silvr77, 7:28 PM 11/25/2001]
Old 11-26-2001, 09:42 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Productive Weekend (Alwyn678)

[QUOTE] That is weird....I was suprised at how thick the fiberglass was in the door...!! QUOTE]

the fiberglass was 1/8- 3/16 thick. at the mirror mounting point. Lot's less than I thought! :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Productive Weekend

Quick Reply: Productive Weekend