C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 07:33 PM
Sunset Vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders!

I appreciate your patience… hopefully it will all be worthwhile. The calendar project sponsored by your fellow forum-member car pictures is up and running and waiting for orders. :D

We have set up seven standard calendars that you can order directly. The first features C1/C2 Corvettes. The next three feature only C3’s, C4’s, or C5’s on each. The fifth calendar also features C5’s, but has a theme. You’ll have to check out the site to see what it is. :D

The last two standard calendars both feature cars from different generations instead of just one. The first has regular pictures, while the second features either action / racing shots or pictures that you might recognize as belonging to some of the faster cars on the forum. And yes, SW’s Z07 is in there, along with Snowman’s beast.

You can order a standard calendar straight up, or customize it by making your own choice for the cover shot.

Finally, you can set up a completely custom calendar by selecting all 13 images (12 months + cover picture) out of the approved images in our database.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that submitted pictures for use in this project. Without the support of your fellow forum members, this project would not have been possible. :cool:

Link to main page is in sig. Or you can jump in to the orders page here instead.

Dave
Old 11-26-2001, 10:48 AM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders! (Sunset Vette)

Sunset Vette, Great Job. Thanks for your hard work with this project. I'll be ordering my calendars later today. Rod :cheers:
Old 11-26-2001, 11:36 AM
9TSIX
Instructor

Default Re: Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders! (Sunset Vette)

Excellent job. Congrats to you on a tough task of picking the best of the best. Special congrats :cheers: :cheers: to all whose cars are included.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:46 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,327 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Is PayPal your only method of payment?
Old 11-27-2001, 12:07 AM
Sunset Vette
Drifting

Default Re: Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders! (gkull)

Is PayPal your only method of payment?
If you want to pay by credit card that's the only method we are set up for at the moment. If you want to pay by check or money order, you can order a calendar and we will send out a "paypal" invoice. You can print that and mail it with a check if you prefer.

I understand that some folks don't like to use credit cards over the internet, so that is certainly an option. You can "cancel" the paypal invoice without paying.

If you have any other questions feel free to post them here or contact me directly. Thanks for your interest!

Dave
Old 11-27-2001, 12:11 AM
Sunset Vette
Drifting

Default Re: Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders! (9TSIX)

Excellent job. Congrats to you on a tough task of picking the best of the best. Special congrats :cheers: :cheers: to all whose cars are included.
It was a tough task...

We had originally planned on offering only a few standard calendars, but we extended our original plan when we found that we had some really great pictures that we weren't going to be able to use. We don't have a way to display them, but there are some of the smaller pictures on the actual "calendar" page in some areas where there is some open space. So we managed to sneak a few more images in. :)

Dave
Old 11-30-2001, 10:10 AM
Sunset Vette
Drifting

Default Re: Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders!

Just a quick update.... first, thanks to everyone that has ordered so far. I have spent several hundred hours putting the site / project together, and I was afraid we would get orders for only 2 or 3 calendars. It certainly looks better than that, thanks. :)

I need to do some research on the NCM and find out how much bricks are. We are donating 10% of the price of the calendars to the museum, so it might be nice to get a brick instead of just a cash donation. I'll keep you posted on that front.

We will be having our first big "print party" this weekend, so any orders that have been completed (entered and paid) by this weekend should ship out on Monday. Our post office has to get us a supply of priority mail boxes to use (they were out yesterday) but I think we'll be able to get the boxes today or tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone that has participated in the project by sharing your pictures... it would not have been possible without you! :cool:

Dave
Old 11-30-2001, 10:14 AM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered six so I know you are ahead of your 2 or 3.
Old 11-30-2001, 10:20 AM
Sunset Vette
Drifting

Default Re: Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders! (Red73)

I ordered six so I know you are ahead of your 2 or 3.
Yes, thanks! :D

I was very conservative in my goal... there are well over 20,000 members registered on the forum, and I hoped to get orders from 100 people or orders for 100 calendars. I was not sure how many people would order multiple calendars (you were one, there are some others) but I hoped that at least 100 folks would find this to be an interesting idea.

We're about half way to that goal, which is one reason why we will be spending the entire weekend printing / packing / mailing. :) I want to stay ahead of the game so that people ordering for holiday gifts will get their order in plenty of time!

Thanks again for your order... look for your calendars to be delivered next week. :)

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders!

Quick Reply: Corvette Forum Calendar Project Goes Live… ready for orders!