C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Compressor what will fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 02:29 PM
slide
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Compressor what will fit

Anyone know what year AC Compressor will fit my 75 Corvette ? Will any other make of GM Compressor work ? If so what make and what year ?
Thanks, Slide
Old 11-24-2001, 03:36 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

Default Re: AC Compressor what will fit (slide)

My handy dandy Hollander interchange shows many, many other vehicles used the same or an interchangeable compressor (no mod bolt in). It says yours should be an axial type without the superheat switch. Specifically from Corvettes, the same unit was used from '74 - '76. It also shows the compressor interchanges with '62-'71 Vette.
The other models that used an interchangeable compressor used either a 5" or 5 1/2" pulley so you need to look at that. It also says that later models used metric bolts. If you want the full list of part numbers and interchanges I could fax it to you. Shoot me an email if you want it.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:45 PM
The Wanderer
Melting Slicks

Default Re: AC Compressor what will fit (lbell101)

I also looked in Hollander and saw that there were about 2-3 pages of interchangable compressors. I also saw that my 72 (just needs the clutch) only interchanges with a 73 ... :mad :mad :mad Sure looks like the same as my 72 El Camino's . I'm going to look close at both.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:07 AM
slide
Racer

Default Re: AC Compressor what will fit (The Wanderer)

Thanks for the info, I may just buy a rebuilt one looks like they run about 180.00 and I know it will work when I bolt it on. Thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To AC Compressor what will fit

Quick Reply: AC Compressor what will fit