C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

76 Brake Replacement Cost Estimate

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 01:21 PM
76Stinger
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 76 Brake Replacement Cost Estimate

Started the car up today for first time in couple of weeks and being such a beautiful day, decided to take a short cruise. It ended up being very short. Brake pedal went all the way to the floor :cry . Checked fluid level and it was a little low but no fluid evident on garage floor.

I had one caliper replaced 3 years ago and a couple of hose. I'm thinking it is time just to replace the whole kit and kaboodle. Not being the mechanical type, I would appreciate some kind of list and estimate of total cost to replace everything. I think master cylinder and booster is OK but might as well go all the way if it is $$$ feasible for my limited budget. Retiring on 28 December so my "Corvette Mad Money" is drying up a bit - a whole big bit.

Anyway, all opinions and estimates appreciated. If you can supply a list that would be cool too. Lines, calipers, rotors, etc.

Thanks

Hope you are all having a great Holiday weekend.

STW :seeya
Robert
76Stinger
Old 11-24-2001, 01:32 PM
DP77Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: 76 Brake Replacement Cost Estimate (76Stinger)

Sounds like the master cyl. Check for leaks on your wheels, if they are wet, it's the calipers. Always change both front or both rear, not just the one leaking. It puts too much pressure on the other side and it will start soon.

If you're not too proud, Advance Auto carries the calipers for about $45 exg., master cyl. probably about $20. :chevy

Quick Reply: 76 Brake Replacement Cost Estimate