C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

general price range for silver anniversary vette

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 02:26 AM
rbridges
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default general price range for silver anniversary vette

a friend of mine was talking to someone about buying his silver edition vette. I believe the asking price was 11K. How does this fit in the range? Should the car be in great shape for that price, or is average wear and tear to be expected.

Also, are there any major things to look out for with this car? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-24-2001, 02:48 AM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Default Re: general price range for silver anniversary vette (rbridges)

I think it will really depend on the condition of the car...it's not fair to just have a "general price range" since you never know what's wrong with the car. There is a website out there that has a list of all the C-3 things to look at before buying but I don't know the URL, I'm sure someone on the forum could help you out with that. I know this really wasn't helpful but it's probably the best insight you'll get. It's kinda the funny thing with C-3s with the estimated value of the car...it really depends on the person buying it.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:13 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Default Re: general price range for silver anniversary vette (theanswriz42)

Can you give a little more info on the car. Is it a L-48 or L-82 motor for one and is it auto or 4 speed. Is it a Silver Two Tone B2Z paint vette, Pace car Edition or just a 78 vette 25th anniverary. Got a pic? Depending on the above items and the shape would really dictate the price to me. Check with RHYS on this forum or the link to the side for Vette Finders to see what people are asking. Rhys has one awesome 78 Pace Car and is also knowledgable on the 78's.
Neil in Tenn
Old 11-24-2001, 02:56 PM
rbridges
Race Director

Default Re: general price range for silver anniversary vette (Nomad78SA)

My friend really didn't have too much in the way of details when I asked. I'll try to be more specific.

Are there any major problem areas w/this year vette or C3s in general? Thanks again.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:16 PM
The Wanderer
Melting Slicks

Biggest problem he WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH is the wiper door :smash:
Old 11-25-2001, 09:59 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen them go anywhere from $3500 (project car) to 29k (less than 100 mile saran wrapped leftover).

Now, to be more realistic, and being an owner of one), good drivers with everything working and in satisfactory condition I've seen go in the 8-11k category. For very low mileage excellent condition cars, I've seen them go for 10-15k. The L82's and especially the L82 4-speeds bring a little more as Nomad78 had stated.

Get notified of new replies

To general price range for silver anniversary vette

Quick Reply: general price range for silver anniversary vette