C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

81 Blower Motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 08:16 PM
Ben Taylor
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 81 Blower Motor

I have an 81 that has a pretty weak blower motor, I'm going to change my Heater Core in the next couple of weeks, where can I get a stronger blower motor?
Old 11-24-2001, 12:56 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: 81 Blower Motor (Ben Taylor)

Ben,
You can get a new motor, but first check and see if it is actually running a full speed. I think you'll also find out that the a great deal of the lack of air volume is caused by 21 years worth of leaves and other crud inside your evaporator and heater core case. There are a number of other things that cut down on air flow. C-3's are notorious for poorly fitting duct work, while you have the dash out for the core change, make sure you seal all the ducts. Adhesive foam weather stripping from a home improvement store works pretty good. Also tape around all the connections between the ducts with aluminum duct tape. (Not the gray duct tape, it will peel off, but real aluminum duct tape, also available from home improvement stores.)
If you find your blower is bad, then the best place to get a replacement is from the Chevy dealer.
Old 11-24-2001, 01:28 AM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 81 Blower Motor (Smokehouse69)

aww man. i thought you were talking about a supercharger ;)
Old 11-24-2001, 03:25 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: 81 Blower Motor (Ben Taylor)

Smokehouse69 said it all. I completely rebuilt my heater box and duct work and now the blower blows more than you can hardly stand on high. Like he said, there is a lot of material that needs to be cleaned out of the heater box, core, and evaporator.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:32 AM
lou
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 81 Blower Motor (Smokehouse69)

Just redo all your seals while your in there. You will be surprised how much more air you will gett from a fresh blower motor. My air flow almost double when I replaced it
lou

Get notified of new replies

To 81 Blower Motor

Quick Reply: 81 Blower Motor