C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good gearing & TQ setup for street & track

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 11:22 PM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Good gearing & TQ setup for street & track

What gears and what stall would be good for my 77 with 350 trans and present 3.08 gears. I have little mods for now but will be adding headers,carb, & cam down the road.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:52 AM
xrated
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Good gearing & TQ setup for street & track (dogboy)

Everything depends on your engine and its rpm power range. U really want to wait until u get some definites on your engine rpm and power levels before u change ur stall and gears. Basics are 3.5/3.7 for good compramise for street and track. 3.9 upwards good for track. But remeber its horsepower that makes ur Quarter Mile ET low not the gearing.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:18 AM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Good gearing & TQ setup for street & track (dogboy)

With your setup, a 2500stall converter alone could gain you as much as 5 tenths in the 1/4mi. The convertor would be the most cost effective improvement. If you get lower gears it would help ET some too. The down side
of lower gears will be increased highway cruise rpm. If you wanna run with interstate traffic(70mph+), I wouldnt change the gears unless you plan to go with an O/D tranny. Just my opinion :)

Get notified of new replies

To Good gearing & TQ setup for street & track

Quick Reply: Good gearing & TQ setup for street & track