C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone intrested in used black hooker headers/sidepipes?

Old 11-20-2001, 11:52 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone intrested in used black hooker headers/sidepipes?

I changed my exhaust when i put my zz4 in and have a set of used black hooker headers and sidepipes...the condition is rough. Might not be hard to clean up I have no clue, I should have pics of them within a few days...anyone intrested feel free to post
Old 11-20-2001, 11:55 PM
rainman69
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Anyone intrested in used black hooker headers/sidepipes? (C3Vettesrock)

I'm interested... :smash:
Old 11-21-2001, 01:36 AM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Default Re: Anyone intrested in used black hooker headers/sidepipes? (C3Vettesrock)

I think since they are off the car they should be fairly easy to clean, where the header meets the side pipe there is some rust which u can scrub down adn then repaint them black with some high heat gloss black paint, i used to do it once a month to maintain a pretty look.
Old 11-21-2001, 01:53 AM
1980 razz
Racer

im intrested ..would like to see pics and price..thanx email me with info
Old 11-21-2001, 01:58 AM
NEW77GUY
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone intrested in used black hooker headers/sidepipes? (1980 razz)

well, i'm interested too.....but i guess i'm #3 on the list! :cry Guess they'll be gone by then. Whats you asking price and we need pics!! $$ in hand here waiting! :yesnod:
Old 11-21-2001, 02:28 AM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

No idea what to ask for, feel free to make offers, sorry i have no pics yet but feel free to make an offer, ur offer doesnt mean its final but it will give me an idea of what they are worth
Old 11-21-2001, 12:23 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

anyone know what these go for?
they came on the car when i bought it...so i dont know what to ask
Old 11-21-2001, 12:28 PM
shamby
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I interested in them if no one else comes through.
Old 11-21-2001, 04:58 PM
rainman69
Drifting

A rough pair of chrome pipes (original cost ~800) just sold for about $75. The black pipes retail fro ~300, I'd say in rough condition, that $75 plus shipping would be a good deal for both parties, but you may be able to get more. :smash:
Old 11-21-2001, 08:21 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

are they still available?
:confused:
Old 11-21-2001, 11:28 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

$75?
You sure? I thought they retailed higher than that...anyone know?
Old 11-22-2001, 12:09 AM
89formula
Instructor

i'm interested. rough condition could mean $150-ish?? :)
Old 11-22-2001, 12:23 AM
rainman69
Drifting

If I remember right, I posted that the black set retails NEW in the $300 range.

Used, and in "rough" condition, well I know of a pair that just sold (or is almost sold) that are chrome in rough condition and he was asking $75 without shipping added in yet.

You're not gonna get retail, but you might get something out of them. I was giving you a place to start, since you didn't have any idea for a price.
Old 11-22-2001, 12:28 AM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

I thought the black sidepipes/header kit was like 600+ retail...I know I wont get retail, nor do I want to. Going to clean them up and repaint them and have before and after pictures for you guys tommorrow I believe
Old 11-22-2001, 12:36 AM
rainman69
Drifting

Retail is currently $379.95, courtesy of http://www.summitracing.com, also, mufflers are $129.39, but I was figuring on those being replaced, and not in the tubes.

I would be willing to pay more than the initial price I set down, but this is something that should be discussed over email and not on the board I would think.

I was just hoping to throw down the two extremes on price, the high (new) and the low (used, rough chrome that were just sold by someone else).

Please email me, and we can discuss what you and I both think is a fair price, and if it doesn't work out, then someone else can have a go. If you're looking for best offer, I would suggest an auction instead.

If I sound harsh or anything, I apologize...I was trying to offer some perspective since no one had listed prices, not insult anyone with a really-low-get-myself-a-steal-and-screw-someone price.

:smash:
Old 11-22-2001, 12:44 AM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

You sure u found the right ones? These are 4" high
Corvette central has them as :
9 63-82 Side Mount Exhaust Kit Small Block Black 323915 668.45 Kit Info Pic
Old 11-22-2001, 01:57 AM
rainman69
Drifting

IMPORTANT:

C3Vettesrock and I have been discussing this for an hour, which I felt was a good idea since I was the "first" interested...

He is new to the car scene, and the Vette scene, and wants to do the right thing, which I gave him guidance on. I'll just say, at 22, I wish I had his dream to own a Vette when I was his age. He owns one now, and is working hard to pay for it and to make it nice and "his own." The sidepipe sales are helping to offset the cost of his ZZ4 motor, and he will be posting pictures of them ASAP.

Once he has pictures, I have suggested that he has some choices:

1) Sell to the first guy if price is right, continue in order of replies until finds a sale.
2) Open auction on Ebay.
3) Private (Silent) Auction over email. Everyone submits one bid within a certain time frame and the winner is the best offer.

I'll tell you what I told him: Personally, I'd like it if he sold them to me as I was "first" ... but I feel that wouldn't be the right thing to do.

So, my point is this...we've had a little bit of misunderstanding due to inexperience...and due to my lookup on Summit being too low (because they don't sell the 4" tubes with the headers...or the mufflers). I would asses a new kit (headers, tubes, and mufflers) at $650 - $750.

I say we get the pictures and see what they look like. At this point, I'm going to bow out of trying to purchase them...it just feels unfair if I'm not impartial in the whole thing. Whomever winds up buying them in whatever manner, you'd better enjoy them as much as I would have. :D

:smash:

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone intrested in used black hooker headers/sidepipes?

Old 11-22-2001, 09:05 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Anyone intrested in used black hooker headers/sidepipes? (rainman69)

Then again, there may be additional members with an interest in the headers simply monitoring this post waiting for the pics. If the pics are good your interest base may double!
Old 11-22-2001, 01:34 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Default Re: Anyone intrested in used black hooker headers/sidepipes? (1970 Stingray)

Then again, there may be additional members with an interest in the headers simply monitoring this post waiting for the pics. If the pics are good your interest base may double!
:yesnod: Lets see the pics! :seeya I would love to have sidepipes :yesnod:
Old 11-22-2001, 01:48 PM
C3Vettesrock
Racer

Family is over for thanksgiving, I will go clean them up once they leave.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone intrested in used black hooker headers/sidepipes?