C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im new to c3's and need direction

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 01:46 PM
I978vette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im new to c3's and need direction

i used to own a 93 5.0 mustang and did alot of work exterior and motor. now i have a 78 vette. im looking for a good web site to go to, to find performance parts. i dont know whats good or not for vettes yet but will learn fast. the mustang market place was huge with aftermarket stuff and you couldnt miss something you needed to find.. but im have trouble finding stuff for the older vette. can someone lead me to the right area.

thanks

phil
Old 11-20-2001, 01:57 PM
03whitecoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: im new to c3's and need direction (I978vette)

Welcome to the world of Corvettes! You'll find at least as many sources of parts for Vettes as Mustangs or any other car for that matter. There are several huge parts vendors such as Zip, Ecklers, Last Detail, Corvette Central and there are dozens of websites devoted to Corvette enthusiasts. You already found the best one right here.
Old 11-20-2001, 01:59 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Re: im new to c3's and need direction (midget)

2 things you ned to know. Summit Racing, http://www.summitracing.com and start buying Chevy High Performance and Corvette Fever Mags.
Old 11-20-2001, 02:07 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 146 Likes on 128 Posts

Good to see you have seen the LIGHT :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Do not forget these guys
http://www.tld-corvette.com/main.htm
Old 11-20-2001, 02:12 PM
MELVIN
Safety Car

Default Re: im new to c3's and need direction (Paul 75 L82)

WELCOME,

SINCE YOU HAVE 78, WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF THE MOST POPULAR MODDED ENGINE IN THE WORLD, THE 350 SB.

WHATS GREAT, IS THAT ALMOST ANY 35O PERFORMANCE PART YOU ORDER WILL WORK IN YOUR VETTE. IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE "VETTE SPECIFIC". THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS OF COURSE, MOST NOTABLY WATCH YOU INTAKE AND CARB COMBO. ALTHOUGH ANY 350 CARB AND INTAKE COMBO WILL WORK, YOU HAVE SOME SERIUOS SPACE RESTRICTIONS REGARDING AIR FILTER TO HOOD CLEARENCE IN A VETTE. LOTSA FOLKS IN THE FORUM HAVE OVERCOME THAT, JUST ASK WHAT COMBO THEY USED

ALSO, EXH MANIFOLDS NEED TO BE VETTE SPECIFIC. MOTOR WISE, JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER 350 PART WILL WORK

SAME GOES FOR THE TRANNY. JUST ABOUT ANY MOD OUT THERE MADE FOR YOUR STYLE TRANNY WILL WORK
Old 11-20-2001, 03:28 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Re: im new to c3's and need direction (MELVIN)

How long have you owned your Vette. I only ask this as a lead in question. I think it toke the state of Michigan about two weeks before most of the Vette replacement companies knew I had one. I started getting magizines on a regular basis from Mid America, Zip, Corvette Central, and others ever since 93, when I first registered the car.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:40 PM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Default Re: im new to c3's and need direction (redwingvette)

WELCOME (!!!) to the "Vette World...you have already done yourself the best favor you can do by joining this Forum....Heed the words spoken here as these guys and gals know their stuff :D...Somewhere in here, everything has been done to a C-3, all ya have to do is ask...ENJOY!!! :jester :seeya :flag
Old 11-20-2001, 03:59 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I978 Vette... stay right here. There is more knowledge here than you can shake your fist at!

For parts vendors, try Zip, Eckler's, Mid America, VetteBrakes, etc...

You can find some good performance parts in Jeg's too.
Old 11-20-2001, 04:13 PM
79MakoL82
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got news for you. The Corvette aftermarket is HUGE. The beauty of these cars are that they are classics, and because they're classics, there is a big market for restoration parts. Therefore, there are a lot of restoration part companies for corvette specific items. As others have mentioned, Eckler's, MidAmerica, ZIP, The Last Detail, Corvette Central are some of the big names and there are plenty of smaller ones. As far as performance parts for your engine, the small block Chevy is an awesome engine to mod and there are PLENTY of places for those parts. http://www.jegs.com and http://www.summitracing.com are two of the biggest. You won't find a lot of Corvette specific parts when it comes to the engine because a small block Chevy is a small block Chevy. Many of the parts are interchangeable.

[Modified by 79MakoL82, 2:15 PM 11/20/2001]
Old 11-20-2001, 04:39 PM
I978vette
Cruising

Default Re: im new to c3's and need direction (79MakoL82)

thanks to everyone. i didnt relize that any 350 part would work.. im used to the mustang parts where everything is labeled in your face saying "will work on 302 mustang" For the question about how long i have owned it.. about a full day..but already ready to bolt on a few things and wake it up a bite.. its a bite slow compared to my mustang but hopefully not long
Old 11-20-2001, 04:54 PM
terryrudy
Drifting

Welcome! I went from an '89 Mustang GT Convertible to my '77 Vette and it was a big upgrade in interior quality, design, and ergonomics. I could never get used to my Mustang's interior. Anyway, I've done a lot of basics to my '77 and it is definitely handling better than my Mustang, but don't think the power is still quite up to my Stang's. Though, maybe - after all its been a few years now. . .
good luck,
-terry
Old 11-20-2001, 07:21 PM
jerryp58
Melting Slicks

You might want to click on the "Mall" tab at the top of the page.
You can also scroll to the right and see links to the vendors the others have listed.

Lots of good parts out there. Don't forget your local auto parts store and Chevy dealer either.

And Welcome :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To im new to c3's and need direction

Quick Reply: im new to c3's and need direction