C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raw fuel leak....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 11:42 AM
NEW77GUY
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raw fuel leak....

This was quite alarming to me as i didn't have time to jack the car up and inspect. I noticed that when the car is running it begins to leak just in front of the gas tank right in the middle. I'm afraid to start it now (let alone drive it) because of how close the leaking drops get to that exhaust pipe about 2" away! (Stock exhuaust right now) It stops when the car is not running for a bit. Am i correct in thinking that this is a leak in the line- and under pressure its leaking on me? At one point it was dripping about 2 drops a second! :cry :cry Have many of you run into this problem, and what can i expect? I'm almost afraid to drive it to the shop now... :eek: I won't be able to reply until later tonight, thanks all
Old 11-20-2001, 11:53 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: Raw fuel leak.... (NEW77GUY)

I had an gas leak on my 74 and it was dripping on the Flowmaster's..It turned out to be the gas lines .....had about 3 pinholes in them which I replaced and now no more leak.......If you do drive it..make sure you have a fire extinguisher just in case!! :eek: :eek:

Quick Reply: Raw fuel leak....