C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what did you use to strip the paint??? and what color should i go????

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 10:32 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what did you use to strip the paint??? and what color should i go????

here is my car now. and advice on how to do this paint striping deal? and what color should i paint the car??? white again???im going to have some Weld Draglite wheels on the car next year as well. I have a dark blue interior. i was thinking about a nice blue color such as the Grand Sport blue on the 96(?) car. what do you think?

[Modified by Vetteboy, 9:33 PM 11/18/2001]
Old 11-18-2001, 10:43 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: what did you use to strip the paint??? and what color should i go???? (Vetteboy)

how bout electron blue?It would look good on there. :yesnod:
Old 11-18-2001, 10:44 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: what did you use to strip the paint??? and what color should i go???? (Vetteboy)

I used a razor blade for the most part on mine. I will finish up with some stripper in the hard to get to places.
Color is a personal choice... I was going to paint mine back two tone silver but now I don't know.humm..I;ve been thinking about some ghost flames in there somewhere now
Neil in Tenn
Old 11-18-2001, 11:14 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: what did you use to strip the paint??? and what color should i go???? (Nomad78SA)

I sanded mine. As far as I know I have the only light pewter metallic C-3 out there.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:02 AM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

How about razor blades? Worked for me :yesnod:
Old 11-19-2001, 12:49 AM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: what did you use to strip the paint??? and what color should i go???? (yellow 72)

i heard you could use paint thinner and then use a peice of soft plastic to wipe the paint away. true?
Old 11-19-2001, 01:07 AM
slide
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stripped mine using a razor blade and a torch, Now don't panic ! The heat won't hurt the fiberglass if you don't let it get to hot. Some BUBBA used rustoleum paint to paint the car with last and you just couldn't sand it off :cuss Anyway it took me about 16 hrs to strip the car then I wet sanded it with 320 grit. Just don't use heat near the plastic bumpers :nono: :D You can check out my webpage to see the car during the strip off and the pics after the car was painted
Old 11-19-2001, 09:40 AM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I used Capt'n Lee's and it worked very well. No problems with the repaint. Go to my website for a whole article on stripping paint. Good luck. :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To what did you use to strip the paint??? and what color should i go????

Quick Reply: what did you use to strip the paint??? and what color should i go????