C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?"

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 10:18 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?"

Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?"
Y-E-S

...of those repairs that you've done.......YES!

...of the problem you're trying to get help on........YES!

...of that sweet new Vette that you finally made a deal on.....YES!

With all the drooling Corvette fanatics on this forum........you even have to ask? :jester :yesnod: :smash:

[Modified by 67HEAVEN, 8:50 PM 11/25/2001]
Old 11-22-2001, 11:39 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?" (67HEAVEN)

Exactly what I have thought everytime someone posed such stupid questions! :lol: I mean you are in the wrong place if you think THERE IS A CHANCE THAT WE DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM!! :crazy:
Old 11-22-2001, 02:48 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?" (SuperFast80)

Amen.
Old 11-22-2001, 03:21 PM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?" (67HEAVEN)

Y-E-S
...of those repairs that you've done.......YES!
...of the problem you're trying to get help on........YES!
...of that sweet new Vette that you finally made a deal on.....YES!
With all the drooling Corvette fanatics on this forum........you even have to ask? :jester :yesnod: :smash:
[Modified by 67HEAVEN, 9:20 PM 11/18/2001]
Your right, that is an easy question to answer but has someone actually asked the question "Should I post pics of my car"?.

Surely you jest!? :jester
Old 11-22-2001, 04:19 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?" (MIKER)

You're right, that is an easy question to answer but has someone actually asked the question "Should I post pics of my car"?.
Yep!
Old 11-25-2001, 10:18 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Thanks for your link in the other topic about body mounts 67Heaven

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to see some pics of the parts let me know.
Neil in Tenn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=185793

67HEAVEN,
The reason I ask if a person wants to see the pics is so I can E-mail them to the individual. They are very large and so many people have dial up modems that it will bring them to a stop trying to load the post with all the pictures so they go on to other topics and miss out. Can you tell me how to put a small picture on the page and when you click on it goes to full size. Help me out here Brother....
I guess I could upload them to the internet and put a URL to them.

In fact, when a person ask for the pics, I go out to the vehicle or dig the parts out of the garage as if I can find them and take the pictures for them or dig out the manual and take that pic. Many times other people have the info they want already and post it..

So why do people ask if they want to see some pic..Courtesy to others and because it takes time to dig it out

Each pic was 22megs so I put one in each e-mail. The first e-mail was just text so they would know what to expect in the others. Many times when they e-mail they will ask for certain shots so I leave them full size to capture all the details
Neil in tenn

[Modified by Nomad78SA, 8:23 PM 11/25/2001]
Old 11-25-2001, 11:24 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?" (Nomad78SA)

If you have an HTML editing program, like FrontPage and assuming that you have webspace to upload to:

After uploading the full image (for example LARGE.JPG) to your site, then insert a spot for it on a web page (for example THUMBNAILS.HTML) and reduce the image there considerably in size by clicking once on it and pulling in from the corner handles. Then make this small image a Hyperlink to the LARGE.JPG image file on your site.

Then upload this THUMBNAILS.HTML page to your site.

Now, direct people to the THUMBNAILS.HTML page and tell them to click on the smaller images to see larger photos.

Does that help?
Old 11-25-2001, 11:52 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Thanks 67Heaven,
I don't believe I have an HTML editing program or can tell you I have never used one. Is it part of a program that comes on a computer package. I use Adobe to crop my pictures.
As far as the web goes I upload everything to the corvette forum space they provide. Will that work?
Perhaps,if you could, work with me a little more on this if you have the time.
I enjoy trying to post some pictures that may help others work through a problem, many of them I can downsize and place in the threads but not all.

Give me some more info on this if you could.
Jesus Rules...... King of Kings...........
Neil in Tenn
Old 11-26-2001, 07:46 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I agree, I'm never at a loss for pics :lol: :lol: I like pics of new parts too! :D

Get notified of new replies

To Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?"

Quick Reply: Okay here is the definitive ruling on, "Should I post the pics of my car?"