C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Battery Disconnet Switch

Old 11-18-2001, 09:29 PM
Luv2Kruz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems with Battery Disconnet Switch

Took the Vette out for one last ride for this year today. Loved it and I'm going to miss her til spring.

Before I stored it I installed a battery disconnect switch for the side mount battery in the car. While I was driving home, the car just shut off (no juice). I jiggled the battery and disconnect and the power came back. It did it again about 15 minutes later.

This looked like a simple job and only took me a five minutes. Did I miss something that would cause this? I didn't have time to see if the connections were dirty or something like that. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:08 PM
jeffnles1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Problems with Battery Disconnet Switch (Luv2Kruz)

Let's look at the easy stuff first. 1) clean the terminals and the screw that goes into the battery. 2) did you tighten the **** on the shut off switch tight? (may sound silly, but you'll get power with about 1/4 turn, but it needs to be turned the rest of the way, not too tight, just finger tight). 3) did the screw from your cable go into the switch plate right and was it clean?

Hope this helps.
Jeff
Old 11-20-2001, 02:42 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Problems with Battery Disconnet Switch (jeffnles1)

Forgive me, but to me they are just something else to go wrong, as you are finding out.....what I do is carry a combo wrench of the right size (which is also cheaper than a disconnect) and disconnect it at the side post. My honest opinion fer sure..... :yesnod: :flag

Get notified of new replies

To Problems with Battery Disconnet Switch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problems with Battery Disconnet Switch