C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts ID please. And calling 2101 owners: Nipples needed.

Old 11-18-2001, 03:55 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts ID please. And calling 2101 owners: Nipples needed.

Hey guys,

Got a few questions that I hope a few of you gurus can help me with. First one is an electric connector in the engine compartment.

My guess is that the car is either equipped to handle A/C or originally had A/C and the previous owner removed it.

Now I just need a little moral support. :) See, I bought this car 10/06/2001 from a place in Ohio and drove it home to PA. That was the only time I drove it. The 6th was a Saturday and because I paid with a check it wasn't going to clear that day. No prob. they gave me temp tags, keys and said "enjoy." I dogged them for a freakin month before they coughed up the title. They are a dealership so I wasn't too worried about the sale being legit or not but what a pain waiting so long. Little did I know. Now I have the title but it is in my dad's name. (we were going to do all that crap in my dad's name to save on insurance but it turns out that I'd only be saving $10/month so I got it insured in my name.) My dad is a long distance truck driver and is usually home on weekends, just when most legal type places aren't. Finally he's home on a Monday, we go to a notary and they say that to transfer the title to my name it first has to be transfered to a PA title in my dad's name then transfered to mine. "It will only be fifteen days or so." they said. ONLY!!! :mad So now I get to wait until the PA title comes then wait a couple weeks hoping I can get my dad home on a weekday. Then I can get it registered and drive it. --insert 20 gallons of explatives here--
Oh yes, did I mention it snows here? Yes, all this will be done just in time for the biggest blizzard in 30 years. Meanwhile fate must rub it in with exceptionally warm temps right now. 60 degrees in mid November, that's unheard of.

Ahh, I feel much better now. Okay, the last thing I need to ask is really kind of dumb but that's me. :crazy Below is an image of an Edelbrock performer 2101 I got from Summit. I need nipples. I can't figure out the size of the holes they go in. In the photo they are the holes to the left and right of the thermostat housing. (one needs a nipple, the other needs a plug) The other nipple I need goes in a hole directly behind the carb and is for vacuum. Anybody who knows the size of these holes/threading PLEASE let me know. I already installed the manifold and *really* don't want to take it back off just to go to an auto parts store.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
./matt
Old 11-18-2001, 05:35 PM
Pedro'74
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Parts ID please. And calling 2101 owners: Nipples needed. (Cookwithvette)

Matt,

The size of the plug on the left of the thermostat housing (driver's side) is 1/2" NPT. Sorry I can't help you with your other questions.

Oh yeah, on that connector on the firewall, on my car there's something that looks like a relay, but has a button on it. Have no idea what it's for. And then again, my car is a '74, so it may be different...

-Pedro

[Modified by Pedro'74, 4:38 PM 11/18/2001]
Old 11-18-2001, 05:48 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Parts ID please. And calling 2101 owners: Nipples needed. (Pedro'74)

is nt that connector for the relay to not let it start or something like that it had a little button on it....
Old 11-18-2001, 05:52 PM
Pedro'74
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Parts ID please. And calling 2101 owners: Nipples needed. (pats406nitrovette)

is nt that connector for the relay to not let it start or something like that it had a little button on it....
Does it have to do with the seatbelt interlock system or something like that?

-Pedro
Old 11-18-2001, 05:56 PM
bud snyder
Instructor

Default Re: Parts ID please. And calling 2101 owners: Nipples needed. (Cookwithvette)

Hi,
Both the outlets in the front of the intake are 1/2 NPT threads.
The bottom one is for connecting your heater core supply.
The upper one is for the water temperture senser to gauge.
The rear vacumm outlet is 3/8 NPT.
Note: When you buy the vacuum adaptor get it a 90 degree and as low as possable. You may even have to grind it down some to clear that Demon carb. If you need to grind it, be careful not to grind too muck and ruin it.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:09 PM
bud snyder
Instructor

Cook, I have 2101 non EGR, I'm not sure if there is a difference, because i have never seen an EGR one. The electrical connection should be for heater resistor relay power supply, at least mine is, but 76.

Please excuse my spelling, large fingers on small keys.

[Modified by bud snyder, 4:13 PM 11/18/2001]
Old 11-18-2001, 06:42 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Parts ID please. And calling 2101 owners: Nipples needed. (bud snyder)

Thank you very much. With any luck I'll be able to snag a couple of those at the parts store tomorrow!

I'm not sure what you mean by heater resistor relay power supply. Is this part of the heater controls? One of the hoses that runs to the heater core has a vacuum actuated valve.

The person who had this car before me did a lot of weird customization.

The manifold is billed as non EGR but I think that only means it comes with a plate to block that little N shaped hole.

A thought just hit me. (oh no) Could it be a hookup for an early security system? I recall seeing a small door lock type keyhole on another 'Vette and someone told me it was a security system.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:46 PM
bud snyder
Instructor

It has nothing to do with the security system.

Get notified of new replies

To Parts ID please. And calling 2101 owners: Nipples needed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parts ID please. And calling 2101 owners: Nipples needed.