C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 port washer pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 11:25 PM
Garys81
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 port washer pump

Any help finding a 5 port washer pump for a 70 ? I haven't had any luck. I know somebody has some parts stashed or knows of one available.

Any help would be appreciated. The part is for my friends 70 LT-1. Actually the discussion started about washer ports for the headlights ( read abouit it here on another post). Of course I had to question him about it...... :rolleyes:
Old 11-16-2001, 12:52 AM
TNT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 5 port washer pump (Garys81)

Gary, I bought an NOS pump about 2 years ago on ebay for $275. plus or minues a few dollars. About 1 year ago I bid up to $375. and lost the bid for another NOS 5 port pump. Good luck and if you find a box of them I will take a few!!! Thad :smash:
Old 11-16-2001, 01:48 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Re: 5 port washer pump (TNT)

do some bubba and use one off another year. IMO only a fool pays 275 or anything near for one.
Old 11-16-2001, 06:49 AM
Garys81
Instructor

TNT

He found one for 250 but was told the guy didnt know if it worked and he had one NOS for around 500. My friend decided to keep looking.
Thanks, and if I find that box......I'll email you! :yesnod:
Old 11-16-2001, 09:03 AM
TNT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that $275. can get you a grand or more when you sell the car! Try and PV or get a National Top flight with a bubba pump. :lol: Thad
Old 11-16-2001, 09:06 AM
JSB69
Burning Brakes

If you are interested in functionality rather than NCRS correctness, put a "T" in one of the wiper washer lines and hide it under the pump. As the cars were originally built, both the headlamp and windshield washers worked at the same time; not independently.
Old 11-16-2001, 11:52 AM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: 5 port washer pump (JSB69)

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is it that fails on the 5 port pumps? Is it just the internal rubber parts? Kits aren't available?... Just curious.
Old 11-16-2001, 08:37 PM
keytech
Racer

1970 5 port pumps and date correct alternators, probablt the two hardest items on the planet. There's a pretty good parts corral at the NCRS Winter meet in Orlando (in February). I'd try there next. carlisle next August would probably be the best place.

as for paying 275, if your not into NCRS restoration that may seem weird (try 1100 for show quality smog pump!). It's a must to get a Top Flight or Bloomington Gold cert. It really is interesting to take a car to that level of originality and leaves no question as to what you have.

Good Luck!
Old 11-17-2001, 11:37 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: 5 port washer pump (keytech)

Best of luck to you with the 5 port pumps. I've never seen one for sale, but I haven't been looking overly hard either. Speaking of high priced things - have you seen what folks are getting for NCRS correct early style exhaust tips for 1970 corvettes? The ones with no seams on the bottom? They're upwards of $350 these days! That and the no screw holes front bezel chrome piece - I saw a few with broken studs in desparate need of restoration for over $400! Yikes! I've never seen a decent set of original door panels for power window car either. :( But if they were all easy things to find that would take away half the fun... and deep down we really do enjoy the thrill when we find one of these treasures. :yesnod: :lol: ~Juliet
Old 11-17-2001, 11:58 PM
keytech
Racer

Default Re: 5 port washer pump (Juliet)

Well Juliet this will make you sick. When i bought my 70 LT-1 the previous owner went half way through the restoration and quit. I have a bunch of parts to be put on the car including a set of never-used-in-the-original-box NOS Deluxe door panels. Somedays you just want to take em out and look at em for about an hour before boxing em back up:)

No they are not for sale :D
Old 11-18-2001, 12:05 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: 5 port washer pump (keytech)

Keytech - Yuppers. I had my 1100884 alternator sitting on the dining room table for about a month before Greg nagged me enough to please put it in the garage. :jester Then I sent it off to be restored. And when it returned it sat on the dining room table for another month so I could admire the numbers on it. :lol: :cool: My only pricey hard to find remaining restoration item is the door panels... I think... now that seatbelts are on their way for Xmas. :) :seeya ~Juliet

Get notified of new replies

To 5 port washer pump

Quick Reply: 5 port washer pump