C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try a backup sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
d12bn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try a backup sensor?

Looking at backup sensors for front and back and wonder if anyone has tried some? I would not stick them on the bumper but would mount them on rear license plate and front grill, just don't know if it would work.

http://parking-sensors.hyt.com/sc.cg...Sensor_Systems

Thanks
Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 AM
hpfiend
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone? We are contemplating on doing this on our c6 that is on order as well...

The explorer we have has it and we love it!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Look here.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
SPL2k
Advanced

Back up camera!

Works great going forward also so you can see all the Mustang's behind you.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
1cheesecake
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and that's all I'm gonna say about that.....
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Monts
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to see this as a factory option. I have sensors on my 2007 Lincoln navigator. They are integrated somewhere on the rear bumper and are undetectable.

In my opinion, all cars should include proximity sensors. It would help eliminate many of the two vehicles parking lot fender bender's we occasionally read about on the forum.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Dark Overlord
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SPL2k
Back up camera!

Works great going forward also so you can see all the Mustang's behind you.

I have the Z1 head unit, with the camera option too...
Old 11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by Monts
I would like to see this as a factory option. I have sensors on my 2007 Lincoln navigator. They are integrated somewhere on the rear bumper and are undetectable.

In my opinion, all cars should include proximity sensors. It would help eliminate many of the two vehicles parking lot fender bender's we occasionally read about on the forum.
You will get a lot of dissenting opinions about this and mine is one of them. It is my belief that people are becoming far too dependant upon these nanny's. Under no circumstances should the operator of a motor vehicle get comfortable with the idea of "backing up until the car says stop". To me, learn to adjust your mirrors, learn to use your mirrors and stop putting the onus on the manufacturer to babysit. The primary responsibility for the safe operation of the motor vehicle is in the hands of the driver. If people would not allow so many distractions to enter in to the cabin of the vehicle and perhaps pay attention to what the task at hand is, that in my opinion would eliminate many of the two vehicle parking lot fender bender's we read about on the forum.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Monts
Pro

Originally Posted by talon90
You will get a lot of dissenting opinions about this and mine is one of them. It is my belief that people are becoming far too dependant upon these nanny's. Under no circumstances should the operator of a motor vehicle get comfortable with the idea of "backing up until the car says stop". To me, learn to adjust your mirrors, learn to use your mirrors and stop putting the onus on the manufacturer to babysit. The primary responsibility for the safe operation of the motor vehicle is in the hands of the driver. If people would not allow so many distractions to enter in to the cabin of the vehicle and perhaps pay attention to what the task at hand is, that in my opinion would eliminate many of the two vehicle parking lot fender bender's we read about on the forum.
It's just another tool in the arsenal. No one is perfect.

I was at a Home Depot parking lot waiting for traffic stuck behind a big SUV. I was stuck in his blind spot and he almost crunched my rear quarter panel. The sensors are primarily for the stuff you can't see. (I can only turn my neck one way at a time). If they were standard issue I'm sure you would grow to like them. Kind of like seatbelts. If not, I'm sure they would be easy to disconnect.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 PM
stanleyp
Drifting

I need a sensor for the front air dam.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone try a backup sensor?

Quick Reply: Anyone try a backup sensor?