C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The car is finally back together and runs so much better!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 11:28 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Default The car is finally back together and runs so much better!!!!!!

On 9-29-01 I removed the carb and sent it to Lars. While it was off, I pulled the intake and cleaned it up (much bigger job than I thought) and put a fresh coat of paint on it. I had trouble after I got the carb back. I tried solving the problem but wasn't succesful and Lars told me to send it back. I got it back on Saturday and that evening she started back up. Since then I've stripped and repainted the air cleaner assembly, fixed an exhaust leak (free parts compliments of TheAndies :D :D :D - THANKS AGAIN!!), changed the oil, changed the spark plugs and wires (I had forgotten how hard that was :cry ), recurved the distributor, reset the timing and tuned the carb (directions from Lars). I'll try and borrow a digital camera and post some pics this weekend.

SHE'S RUNNING SO SMOOTH!! :cool: AND EVEN THOUGH SHE'S A TIRED L48, SHE'LL SPIN THE TIRES PRETTY WELL NOW!!!! :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

Thanks to all of you that gave me tips on my various questions over the past month from marking the distributor to sealing the intake properly!!! :cheers:

My car is running again, my baby has just started walking and Christmas is coming!!!! :D :D :D :D
Old 11-14-2001, 09:24 AM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: The car is finally back together and runs so much better!!!!!! (74-Roadster)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I need to strip and re-paint my air cleaner assembly too.
I bet it is a much nicer ride after all the work that you did.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:00 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,925 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Default Re: The car is finally back together and runs so much better!!!!!! (74-Roadster)

Glad to see it's up and running well for you! It's always fun and rewarding when it all comes together and performs well... great job!!!
Old 11-14-2001, 02:27 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: The car is finally back together and runs so much better!!!!!! (lars)

VERY cool...As it happens my 74 roadster is running quite well now also!! Glad to hear it
Old 11-14-2001, 02:54 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Quote:SHE'S RUNNING SO SMOOTH!! AND EVEN THOUGH SHE'S A TIRED L48, SHE'LL SPIN THE TIRES PRETTY WELL NOW!!!!

That sounds pretty good to me :D ! Glad to hear Daphne's feeling herself again. ;)

[Modified by mikeo, 12:55 PM 11/14/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To The car is finally back together and runs so much better!!!!!!

Quick Reply: The car is finally back together and runs so much better!!!!!!