Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] another Z06 bites the dust :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 03:10 PM
TM-Z06
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been on this road in my C4 and my C5-Z06 plenty of times....you cannot go very fast on it. I've also been on rides with the owner of this Z, and he's a pretty darn good driver - very capable of handling the car (not his first or last high hp car). The problem was not his speed, it was the debris in the road. This could have happened to anyone of us.

As for permission to post pics........if you read, the original poster and the owner of the wrecked Z are friends - the thread references the two having spoke about the accident.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:32 PM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TM-96CE
I've been on this road in my C4 and my C5-Z06 plenty of times....you cannot go very fast on it. I've also been on rides with the owner of this Z, and he's a pretty darn good driver - very capable of handling the car (not his first or last high hp car). The problem was not his speed, it was the debris in the road. This could have happened to anyone of us.

As for permission to post pics........if you read, the original poster and the owner of the wrecked Z are friends - the thread references the two having spoke about the accident.
The only reason I brought up the permission thing, was because I noticed the owner himself did not post up at all. He might not be to happy about it being brought out for all to see IMO... Thats all...
Also noticed meanz06 took down all but the smallest pic on the front page. Maybe the owner wasnt thrilled about it....
Old 10-16-2007, 07:09 PM
8mywal8
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh Guys I Am The Owner Of The Wrecked Z. As For Jeff Vette Calling Me A Puts Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is Come On Down And Run A Mountain W/ Me And See If I Can Handle The Power. You Cant Anticipate Stupid City People Leaving That Much Gravel On A Road. I Will Have Another Within 2 Weeks So To Be Fair I Will Leave It Stock For You.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 8mywat8
Yeh Guys I Am The Owner Of The Wrecked Z. As For Jeff Vette Calling Me A Puts Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is Come On Down And Run A Mountain W/ Me And See If I Can Handle The Power. You Cant Anticipate Stupid City People Leaving That Much Gravel On A Road. I Will Have Another Within 2 Weeks So To Be Fair I Will Leave It Stock For You.
Hey man, don't worry about what others think or say. Glad you came out of it OK, though.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:27 PM
8mywal8
Burning Brakes

The More I Read The More Pissed I Get At Jeff Vette And Ken Rx. You Guys Might Look At The Pictures On Page 3 See The Guy Looking At The Sell Phone. If He Has Enough Money To Run Down And Buy Another Z He Might Have Enough Money For A Couple Of Plane Tickets. Carma Is A ***** Rmember.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jimman
not sure if I'm impressed with all this Active Handling stuff. After two C5's and a C6 followed by the Z haven't seen it take over to save anything yet.
go to a track event it works but is not idiot proof.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:44 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is why people use tracks the gravel is not there. Running fast on the street is a big risk. You never know what's waiting ahead. Glad you are OK
Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

The More I Read The More Pissed I Get At Jeff Vette And Ken Rx. You Guys Might Look At The Pictures On Page 3 See The Guy Looking At The Sell Phone. If He Has Enough Money To Run Down And Buy Another Z He Might Have Enough Money For A Couple Of Plane Tickets. Carma Is A ***** Rmember.
yeah and the internet is a place where we can poke fun and *** with people anonymously didnt you know that.

Grow some skin it has to be thick in this place.

you want to buy a plane ticket and come see me? cause ill back jeffvette up anyday of the week

you can not take posts like that so serious so your on the verge of buying a plane ticket what to come visit and kick some ***? yeah thats smart dont bother to make it round trip you might stay a while...relax and try not to be butt hurt to bad by the posts on here.

or maybe be butt hurt since maybe your taking it to hard becuase its true?

People will talk **** no matter what the circumstances doesnt matter you wreck a perect Z06 on a public road one car accident the ausumption is speed and lack of skill. deal with it

OBTW heres my airport code incase you want to come see me OAJ

Last edited by phrogs; 10-16-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I hear you.... Dont let them get you pissed off.... some people like to poke fun at someone when they are down.

Last edited by C5 Frank; 10-16-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
KeithKman
Pro

I'm not flaming you or anything, but remember, you are the one that that flipped a C6 Z06. You should get an award.

Think about it for a second. I already know you can crash. Why would someone want to race you, and on a public road for that matter?

You would think after crashing and flipping a C6 Z06 on a road where the conditions of the road are not maintained and kept up, you would leave the racing for the track.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, somebody got butt hurt. I like how I was singled out of the others.

You know, there are places called race tracks. Most people enjoy going out to them. Driving at high speeds. No fear of critters, pedestrians or holy cow GRAVEL

You are not the first person, or the last to wreck.... no I'm sorry... completely F'in ruin a brand new car with less than 1,000 miles on the clock.

I also find it hilarious that I have some how managed to keep my street car with 470 RWHP no traction control or active handling, an outdated chassiss on the road for several years now. Gravel in the road or not, and keep in mind I live in a rainy climate as well where traction is also limited.

Instead of sucking it up like a man and admitting you made a mistake, glad you are alive and didn't harm anybody else, you come on here and start getting pissed off. Good job Gomer.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:42 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

After the heat dies down, I still need a new fuse box lid
Old 10-17-2007, 12:42 AM
8mywal8
Burning Brakes

forum tuff guys ha ha. you no i really do not give a sht what guys say who wear a condum for a race suit but to no that miserable guys who like to talk sht drive vettes sickens me. know the situation i was not racing on the public street.yes i do however but not this time. i was only going 35 mph. by the way i would only stay a short time trust me.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:54 AM
2KZ28CAM
Drifting

forum tuff guys ha ha. you no i really do not give a sht what guys say who wear a condum for a race suit but to no that miserable guys who like to talk sht drive vettes sickens me. know the situation i was not racing on the public street.yes i do however but not this time. i was only going 35 mph. by the way i would only stay a short time trust me.
Sir, you have justified any and all criticism headed your way by your lack of grammar and spelling skills, as well as your overall attitude and lack of cohesion in your posts. To put it bluntly, you have shown your ****.

I recommend you buy your second Z06, Keep it stock, and attend a few driver's courses. Then, if you manage to flip the second one, go back to the same driver's course with a different car and donate the amount you WOULD have spent on a third Z06 to charity.

Note: I am very glad that you and your passenger were unharmed. Please make a concerted attempt to never let such an incident occur again within your lifetime.

With all that being said, wouldn't you be happier with a Cobra 'Stang or a 1000+ HP Supra TT? You should be. It's easier to flip.

Leave your knife at the door, some have brought a firearm to the same fight. Quit while you are behind.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:56 AM
baddbilt1
Racer

Oh Vic i think your gonna be in trouble!Ronnie here is a picture for your avatar.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:05 AM
8mywal8
Burning Brakes

lets see who has thin skin. how many more clowns out there want to chime in. thanks for the laughs. stay gay and let your women drive your cars.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 AM
8mywal8
Burning Brakes

i did not know that country bumkins spell grammer that way. yee hah

Get notified of new replies

To another Z06 bites the dust :(

Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 AM
AtlBlkZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow...

Even after that you don't learn that you're not always right?

Sorry for your loss and all but grow the hell up.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:31 AM
2KZ28CAM
Drifting

lets see who has thin skin. how many more clowns out there want to chime in. thanks for the laughs. stay gay and let your women drive your cars.
Thanks for confirming your status as a first-class azzhat. IBTL.

<more money than brains>
Old 10-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Wilddr805
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Get rid of this post. Ugh!

This post is weak and if anything it upsets most Z06 owners. Nobody flips like that @ a meager 35mph first of all. Second, open it up where you know roads for heavens sake. Lastly, why so proud to WRECK A CAR??? I mean who gives a crap if it is a Z06 or a YUGO.....If you need some attention I bet many people here on the forum can find it for ya. Take care of those Z's boyzzz......lots of fun. USA

Quick Reply: [Z06] another Z06 bites the dust :(