C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update on Andover seatbelts, and radio interference.

Old 11-13-2001, 07:15 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Default update on Andover seatbelts, and radio interference.

The belts arrived and went in very easily, they look of good quality and the lap belts are G.M. the shoulder harness retractor however has patent #'s
listed on the back and before the #'s says "TAIWAN' :mad :mad :mad I specifically asked if these were made and assembled from U.S. parts! I guess they lied huh! Why do we take so much sh@34 from these vendors as vette owners, do they think we won't look! The other thing that made me upset was that they charged me $19.00 for shipping/ins. which they never asked if I wanted, and how much shipping does it take to go from Maryland to New Jersey! Oh well at least we have seatbelts and they do actully work well even though the retractors are foreign made. The other issue on radio interference
was being caused by a cheap new uncracked dist. cap, I swithched to a Accel and the noise is completely gone.
SPOKE-
Old 11-13-2001, 09:14 PM
Shutdown1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: update on Andover seatbelts, and radio interference. (spokewrench)

Thanks Spokewrench,

...... for your assesment of the Andover seatbelts. If they look good,and work good as you say I will probably order from them. I think I can live with the "Taiwan" on the back, but I can understand your dissappointment since you were expectiing U.S. made merchandise. My belts are so ratty I've got to do something, and everybody else is in the $1,000 price range for a set. Really appreciate you coming back to the forum and updating us on this. -Regards, '74 Turbocharged 350, "Molested to Perfection" class of '71
Old 11-14-2001, 09:44 AM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: update on Andover seatbelts, and radio interference. (spokewrench)

How's the webbing thickness? Is it comparable to OEM? I got mine redone by Ssnake-Oyl in Texas, and the webbing is thin and limp. It folds over on itself and jams the retractors all the time!
:yesnod: :chevy :chevy :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To update on Andover seatbelts, and radio interference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: update on Andover seatbelts, and radio interference.