C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TruFlex Bumpers- Please comment

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 10:51 PM
Magnum '82
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TruFlex Bumpers- Please comment

I just "grilled" a deer with my '82! Has anybody tried a TruFlex bumper from ZIP( or equivelent)? If so, I would like your input. Is it a good product? How did it fit? Any problems? All comments welcome. THANX!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2001, 11:33 PM
bl75vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: TruFlex Bumpers- Please comment (Magnum '82)

I have done a lot of research about what kind of bumpers are best. I decided to go with the tru flex on my 75. There were mixed reviews about the fit of these by many. I found the rear to fit like a glove. (well almost) The front needs a tweaking. I have my car in the paint shop as we speak and they are going to fit the bumpers exactly when they prepare the car. The good thing about the tru flex is that they do give somewhat and will accept paint unlike the urethane. Just be careful when you install them, that you have some small c-clamps to hold the bumper in position while you scribe the bumper from behing the body for the screw holes. Buy the stainless bolting kit if you intend on keeping the car for a while. Good luck :) :)

Quick Reply: TruFlex Bumpers- Please comment