C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a guinney pig for 3d model

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 01:15 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a guinney pig for 3d model

the college Im applying to is making me put together a portfolio for them to look at my "abilities and creativity". Im going to go there for architecture, and i already have a few house designs in there, but I want to throw is some 3d models and some 3d landscape pictures and possibly a few actual photo's. I think this will be good for diversity. They will probably get a million house designs, but if I put in some 3d models I may stand out more(at least I think so).

Anyway, one model I want to do is one of a corvette sitting in a speed shop with tools laying all around. Building the shop will be a ease, but the car will be quite a chore. I thought about doing my '77 coupe, but that is somewhat simple, I want to do a vert with interior. :eek: Im somewhat scared to tackle the project, but I want to show them what I can do(or can't do). What I need, is someone who is willing to work with me, sending pictures of their car that I request. Is anyone interested in having a 3d model made of their car?

Im looking to start this afternoon on the body, so I can hopefully be done by friday. The only real thing I request is that it be a vert with the top down. The car also needs to be somewhat intact. If you where in the middle of an interior restoration that would be even better, but if not, that is fine too.

I appreciate your help, you can contact me here or by e mail.

Thanks;
Daniel
Just for a heads up, I will need about 8 to 10 pictures of the outside of the car, and a bunch more of the interior. If your interested I will e mail you with a list of exterior photo angles I need. The quality of the model depends on the quality of photo's.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:39 PM
Jester69Stingray
Pro

Default Re: looking for a guinney pig for 3d model (daniel77350)

If all you need is pictures of the car then i can get those to you this afternoon. Just let me know what you need. Click the link in my sig to get an idea of what my car looks like.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:16 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: looking for a guinney pig for 3d model (Jester69Stingray)

I have a 3d model for a 78 if you are interested, it is not perfect, but I'm sure you could clean it up. It needs some work done in smoothing at the very least.

It was done in 3d studio, I can export at .3ds or obviously .max if you like
Old 11-12-2001, 05:27 PM
Lohkay
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Re: looking for a guinney pig for 3d model (fauxrs)

Hey Daniel....would you share that model afterwards? In what software package will you be doing it? And Fauxr, I think I saw that model you're talking about.....its not a good one IMO. I was looking into doing it myself for when I'll start working on the body (redesigning parts of it) and wanted to see what it'd look like before I do it for real.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:40 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Default Re: looking for a guinney pig for 3d model (Lohkay)

Lohkay;

I agree its not particularly good, but it makes for a good starting point, the proportions seems correct.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:55 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: looking for a guinney pig for 3d model (fauxrs)

I will be using photomodeler pro 4.0. I will make the shop in a program called bryce 4.0, then I will bring it all together and clean it up and render it in 3d max. I like max's textures better then any other ones. I made a pro mod 63 vette but I never finished it and I think I lost it in a computer freeze, so its gone. I will do the best I can with this model. As for it being availible, you'll have to talk to whoever supplies me with pictures...it is after all their car...

As for the '79...maybe that would be cool to have a chrome bumper vert, and a late model C3 in the same shot looking for some work. with the '79 I can model in some damage, maybe take a fender off or something, that would be fun, it'd be more of a in progress, next to a pristine condition car....could be fun...

e mail me with how to get ahold of the model.

Thanks;
Daniel
Old 11-12-2001, 06:17 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Default Re: looking for a guinney pig for 3d model (daniel77350)

You can get a copy off my website - specifically the links page which can be found at: http://earchitect.50megs.com/corvette/thepassion.html

Get notified of new replies

To looking for a guinney pig for 3d model

Quick Reply: looking for a guinney pig for 3d model