C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update: Speedo assembly back in and running!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 08:33 PM
funray
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update: Speedo assembly back in and running!

First of all, my thanks to RMVette, British Mark, and Easy Mike for their input on reinstallation problems with my speedo trip reset cable. What I finally ended up doing was to cut out a section of the brace above the steering column that was interferring with the reset cable. After that, the cluster assembly fit right in and the cable doesn't get in a bind from too sharp of a bend. Even after installing, I looked up from underneath and could see where the cable comes out from the back of the speedo head, and I just don't see any way for there to be enough clearance without removing some of that brace. Anyway, everything works fine now! I did make sure all the dash lights were good and replaced the vent hose that was missing before the final install.
We even took it out for a short spin today to make sure the odometer works.
I hope I don't need to remove that assembly for awhile. I think I just about rubbed all my hair off trying to get into the needed positions to work!! Thanks again for the help. I really do enjoy the forum.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:43 PM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Re: Update: Speedo assembly back in and running! (funray)

Great that it all worked out!

Robert
'70 350/350 4-speed coupe
'98 6-speed coupe

[Modified by RMVette, 9:49 PM 11/12/2001]

Quick Reply: Update: Speedo assembly back in and running!