C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new audio system goes in on Wed. thanks all for your advice and postings

Old 11-10-2001, 10:32 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default The new audio system goes in on Wed. thanks all for your advice and postings

I am keeping the original stereo and speakers but am having a Kenwood Excelon PS909 competition cd head unit installed with a 250 watt Pioneer amp hooked up to Polk MOMO 465's component speakers. Tired of having the wind in my hair and no tunes to cruise with. I refuse to keep the top up until the snow flies, unless I move south and teach in the southern states and cruise all year long, ah the dreams that vettes were made for.
:cheers:
Old 11-11-2001, 11:33 AM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: The new audio system goes in on Wed. thanks all for your advice and postings (gdh)

You will like the component speakers ;). Where are you putting them? I put Boston Acoustics Pro 4.5's in my kickpanels, and they made a huge difference. :cheers:

AC
Old 11-16-2001, 10:27 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Default Re: The new audio system goes in on Wed. thanks all for your advice and postings (A C)

Had boxes made for the rear so that they fit nicely into the rear compartment and do not obscure the interior light. There is a difference though with the roof up vs down but at 85 mph with the top down and Bruce singing his heart out on thunder road life is truly grand. :cheers:
Old 11-16-2001, 10:59 PM
Jon69L46
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The new audio system goes in on Wed. thanks all for your advice and postings (gdh)

Can you explain further, i missed the thread. Are you cutting the bezel?
Old 11-22-2001, 10:54 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Default Re: The new audio system goes in on Wed. thanks all for your advice and postings (Jon69L46)

Had to cut the bezel but given that it had been previously butchered by a bubba I knew that I would be replacing it anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To The new audio system goes in on Wed. thanks all for your advice and postings

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The new audio system goes in on Wed. thanks all for your advice and postings