Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Apsis' C5 Splash Guards (Z Style) Prototype Done, *Pics Shown*

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 09:05 AM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 608 Likes on 410 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Apsis' C5 Splash Guards (Z Style) Prototype Done, *Pics Shown*

Finally we get our C5 Splash Guards (Z06 Style) done.

Now we start to accept back orders. If you order now, we will hold the first batch of production for you.

Price:

Black Raw Kit: $188/pair either Front Wheel or Rear Wheel
Carbon Kit: $750/pair either Front Wheel or Rear Wheel (available black carbon or silver carbon)

Delivery: about 6-8 weeks

How to Order: PM, send email to jw@apsisusa.com or apsisusa@aol.com, or call us at 1-800-68APSIS (6827747)

How to Install:

For the Front Wheel, we reuse the two existing factory screw holes and screws. We also add 3M tape at the upper curve area to secure this thin section.

For the Rear Wheel, we design to mount one screw underneath the Splash Guards that you won't see. (there is no factory screw that we can apply) The whole vertical section of Splash Guards is secured by 3M tape. We also pre-drill one screw hole at the upper corner and supply one screw for each pc. We suggest to add this extra screw for extra security but we let the customers to make final decision. The weight will be supported by the screw underneath. The 3M tape is to hold it in place.

We also supply 3M Adhesive Promotor (very strong stuff) to work with 3M tape. Once the 3M tape touch with the 3M Promoter, the adhesion will be so strong that you can't believe.

Here are the pictures-------

Last edited by apsisusa; 10-21-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:34 PM
jon c
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks good now lets get some for sale I need some
Old 09-08-2007, 09:18 PM
bowtiebubba
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in a pair.If i order now am i suppose to pay now, 6 to 8 weeks in advance?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:30 PM
apsisusa

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by bowtiebubba
I am interested in a pair.If i order now am i suppose to pay now, 6 to 8 weeks in advance?
No, we just write up your back order and then we will hold the allocation for you from our first batch of production.

We won't charge you untill the parts are ready to ship.

In our C6 experience, some customers had to wait 6-8 weeks if they don't have back order.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:39 AM
apsisusa

St. Jude Donor '07

Default Please support us to sell some kits to cover tooling cost

Originally Posted by Shylor
For only 2....Ouch! I will have to rethink this. Looks like a great product, but man is that expensive.

But will we be able to remove them without damage, should we end up wanting the OEM look?
Yes, you can remove it without damaging the paint. But most likely you will destroy the Splash Guards.

We understand it's not cheap for our Molded Splash Guards. But don't forget, it will really work well to "protect" your lovely car. When your paint was chipped by rocks or pebbles, it will cost you much more to paint.

Other than keeping your car clean & protecting the paint, it's also stylish. We won't sell thousands and thousands of kit. But in order to make even one kit, we have to invest mold cost upfront to be able to produce the parts. For C6, we had to throw away two sets of mold because the fitting was not good enough. (it's part of our learning cost since we never make Splash Guards before) But at least we make it available for the Corvette community so you can purchase it if you want it.

The C5 had been on the market from 97-04 and till today no vender is willing to make it available. It's not no vender see the market demand, it's the tooling cost that stop them. Now it's 3 years after C5 had been stopped from GM production, finally we encourage ourselves to make it available. We don't even know if we can sell enough kits to pay our mold investment. So please support us to sell some kits to cover our tooling cost & make some bucks.

Some C5 customers say "Most C5 customers had paid off their car and had $$$ for the Bling". We do hope this is the case.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
apsisusa

St. Jude Donor '07

There is one C5 owner (screen name NemesisC5) who has the C6 Z Splash Guard installed on his car and I asked him to report what's his experience regarding modifying by himself.

This is what he responsed in our original thread "Free C5 Splash Guards for customers in Long Island". We suggest you to check that original thread. You can also see the pictures of his car.

I copy his reply and post here for C5 members' reference. As you can see, it's not as easy as you may think to modify by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsisusa
Scotty,

Since you had modified the C6 factory Z Splash Guards to fit your C5, can you explain how easy, how hard you went through? Some C6 customers failed and some put on but falling off later and some said it's not hard but required patience. Many of them wished we had our Molded Z Splash Guards earlier so they didn't have to go through that experience. Is it worth the labor to modify by yourslef?

Rgds,

Jersey

Mine were installed at a bodyshop at the time of L5 Flared Rear Quarter install & paint. I did however speak with the installer and it was no simple procedure to be done right. Several cycles of "trim & fit" were required so as not to trim too much material on the splash guards. IMHO, I would much rather purchase them made for the C5 application making the install EASY for the DIY person such as myself or an installer that has no patience for "custom work". Many shops refuse custom work, and some that will do it, don't do it well
Old 09-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Wah
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They look short and probably don't offer much protection for the rocker panels/bottom of rear bumper.

Dang, $188 a pair. I'll have to skip.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:23 PM
apsisusa

St. Jude Donor '07

Default Carbon Z Splash Guards

Some customers request the pictures of Carbon Z Splash Guards.

Here is the one on C6 so you can get the idea. Basically C5 is very similiar to C6.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:27 PM
apsisusa

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by jdmvette
i was the first one to mod these for the c5. if you want to see my old post of how my install went, check here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1363030

if you want a detailed how-to for the c5, look here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1414932

Thanks, jdmvette. I read all the responses in your thread and surprisingly to know that we are the first vender to make it available. (I never read your thread before)

For those customers who like to post negative price comment, they should read your thread and they will appreciate how much labor they can save.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:28 AM
apsisusa

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Choreo
What are these made out of - some type of flexible or rigid rubber?

Can they even be painted successfully?

Are there prices listed on your web site?
The material is composite + resin. It is the same material as what we use to make our carbon replacement parts. Excellent quality.

Yes, you can paint them. The surface is very smooth and ready to paint. Your body shop will like it because they don't have to do prep.

We don't post prices to our web on purpose. We are manufacturer and wholesale is our main business. CF Forum is the only place that we communicate with car owners direct. We have to balance between getting out our products info vs protecting our wholesale customers.

If you want to get the price, please PM, send email to apsususa@aol.com or call us at 1-800-6827747.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 PM
apsisusa

St. Jude Donor '07

Hi Guys,

We just post some pictures for our C6 Splash Guards Short Version in the C6 section. We highly recommend you go check it out.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:34 PM
apsisusa

St. Jude Donor '07

Default The Carbon Wheels are our products

Originally Posted by Q8Y
do you offer them in other than black plastic?

what brand are those wheels?
Other than the Black Raw Kit, we also offer real carbon kit. There are three different carbon colors you can choose--- Black, Silver & Titanium.

We also offer pre-paint service. But we would prefer customer to paint by themselves. We subcontract our body shop to paint for us. This service is for the customers who don't have access to good body shop.

The Carbon Wheel is our products. We can laminate carbon for any wheel you have.

We made that set of Carbon Wheel for our display vehicle in Corvette at Carlsile and we got excellent responses. We are glad you do like it.

Our idea is you can see chrome wheels all over the places but you never see the real carbon wheel before. This is the "industry first" approach.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM
bowtiebubba
Melting Slicks

How about a special if you buy the front and rear sets at the same time? Question on the painting.would it be possible to have just the body side painted and leave the wheel side in the black? Thanks
Old 09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
apsisusa

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by bowtiebubba
How about a special if you buy the front and rear sets at the same time? Question on the painting.would it be possible to have just the body side painted and leave the wheel side in the black? Thanks
Sorry we cannot do better price. We have tooling cost to offset.

Regarding to paint the rear side only, you better talk to your body shop. Technically it can be done. All they have to do is to cover the front side while they do the painting.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:30 PM
c5BlackBeauty
Corvette C5 Enthusiast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '12-'13, '15-'16, '21

Default Fronts

Count me in for a pair of the fronts for my C5.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:39 PM
JAMESNORTHPROV
Racer

want a pair also
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 PM
USA - #1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can anyone who has additional pictures of these installed please post them?

Anything - painted/unpainted and on any color car. The more, the beeter for anyone who is considering installing these items. My car is Machine Silver, so I would like to see raw or painted black and painted silver.

Get notified of new replies

To Apsis' C5 Splash Guards (Z Style) Prototype Done, *Pics Shown*

Quick Reply: Apsis' C5 Splash Guards (Z Style) Prototype Done, *Pics Shown*