Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] - RPM Motors ETUNES still only $150 - never a "vette tax"

Old 08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default - RPM Motors ETUNES still only $150 - never a "vette tax"

Always delivering the most up-to-date, bang for the buck email tunes, bar none, still for only $150. No Corvette tax here!

Send your ECM - or buy the complete software tuning solution from us, including the latest email performance calibration, for as little as $689.

* Calibrations are not locked
* Dealer can read and update your ECM without issues
* Free updated calibrations
* Software support and training
* HP Tuners Software
* All years supported, including ‘08

Take advantage of my nearly 10 years LSx based performance tuning experience, thousands of tunes & dyno runs, plus a vast library of knowledge on nearly every mod to the Z.

Also, custom in-house, full load dyno tuning at the special introductory price of $550.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 71 Posts

Very sweet deal Charlie....

Greg
Old 08-14-2007, 11:31 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by UBNZO6D
Very sweet deal Charlie....

Greg

thanks, Greg....

....the software package solution is perfect for those that want the best calibration possible for their Z.

Not only do they receive up-to-date calibrations based on current R&D and dyno testing but they also receive the best data logging software in the biz.

It's a total win-win - best Etunes, best software - best price !
Old 08-14-2007, 03:54 PM
68dallas
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you a PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:11 PM
1-2-b-67L89
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by qqrooney
Sent you a PM.
Charlie, I'm sending you a PM too.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:29 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

how about some specs or dyno data???? I'm interested, but it's more than just price. Your website has no data that I can find.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2007, 10:17 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
how about some specs or dyno data???? I'm interested, but it's more than just price. Your website has no data that I can find.

Thanks
I have a terrible website(but a good one is under construction), so please call with any technical questions.

Today I finished a full load dyno session on a completely stock Z06 - Minkster's - last week we pulled out the cobwebs and in full stock trim hit 472 at the tires - today we got down to the nitty-gritty of full load dyno tuning and mapped the most of the timing and fuel tables properly.

The object of today's tuning is to see where we can take the stock motor and publish what can be achieved....see chart below..

...obviously this is not an everyday tuning session but what it is is R&D and the benefits of the knowledge gained will be spread across the board to all my present and future Etune customers...

0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1-2-b-67L89
Charlie, I'm sending you a PM too.
thanks..got it and responded
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by qqrooney
Sent you a PM.
thanks, got it and responded
Old 08-15-2007, 01:23 AM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 71 Posts

That's quite amazing Charlie...480 HP & 456 TQ with NO CAI or anything...Who needs bolt-ons when you can achieve these numbers STOCK....Simply incredible...

Greg
Old 08-15-2007, 10:29 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I must be missing something.....7 HP from the tune????? That itself really isn't worth potentially voiding the warranty.

I'd like to see back to back 2nd gear dyno pulls, to see what effect removing TM has on the car. Our car seems sluggish in the lower gears.

For instance, coming out of Oak Tree (VIR) in 2nd gear with all TC/AH shut off, I really barely pull on a stock C6 until I'm 4th gear. I can only assume it is the TM holding the car back to protect the drivetrain.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:52 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

I must be missing something.....7 HP from the tune????? That itself really isn't worth potentially voiding the warranty.
David, this car started life at 440 & the first dyno session (early last week) netted 471 & yesterday's session, an extended mapping netted a few more, to 480, but the real gain was the smoothing of the area under the curve. Total gain was 40 RWHP.

I want to add, as I've stated many times, all these cars are not delivered equal from the General. Typically I measure 448 -455 RWHP - but many cars are lower and many higher. However, when all sorted out they all fall neatly within a tighter window.

I'd like to see back to back 2nd gear dyno pulls, to see what effect removing TM has on the car. Our car seems sluggish in the lower gears.
Ok, next time I'll do that. In fact, I'll program the dyno to react to increase load as a function of acceleration and MPH - real world - and graph the results in seconds. My dyno does that and more, easily.

For instance, coming out of Oak Tree (VIR) in 2nd gear with all TC/AH shut off, I really barely pull on a stock C6 until I'm 4th gear. I can only assume it is the TM holding the car back to protect the drivetrain.
We will have to load test a few cars then and graph the differences...no big deal and when I get the opportunity I'll do it.

Charlie
Old 08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Truly amazing Charlie.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

thanks, I misread the post. I thought you were saying 472 in "full stock trim" was referring to the OEM tune as well. 40hp is very nice.

Back to the low gear issues, I'm talking about myself and another private driving "coach", each with 20years of pro and club racing experience, coming out of a low speed corner at even speeds. Literally, in 2nd and most of 3rd gears, I barely pull him. However about the time I hit forth, the Z06 just keeps lurching ahead while the Z51 just drops off of the map.

I realize TM is in the car to protect the drivetrain from abusive shifters (not the way I drive....race cars don't live long being speed shifted). I've seen posts where people talk about how much more throttle sensitivity they have with the TM reduced, but it would be awesome to actually see some dyno data.

btw, here is a complete VIR World Challenge race from 02'. Similar power to the current Z06, but with much different gearing. Oak Tree is the doublle corners leading onto the long back stretch

http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/videos/VIR-02GT.WMV
Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 64 Posts

I had a Z51 before this car, and the Z06 just rips the Z51 at slow speed on the street. However, slow speed on a track is actually a lot higher in my experience (Buttonwillow, WSIR, Spring Mtn) with 2nd gear around 70-85 MPH at pwr it seems, so with the grearing differences (advantage Z51) the Z51 may be able to hold it's own for a (small) time as you're seeing. Just a thought.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:44 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Minkster
I had a Z51 before this car, and the Z06 just rips the Z51 at slow speed on the street. However, slow speed on a track is actually a lot higher in my experience (Buttonwillow, WSIR, Spring Mtn) with 2nd gear around 70-85 MPH at pwr it seems, so with the grearing differences (advantage Z51) the Z51 may be able to hold it's own for a (small) time as you're seeing. Just a thought.

Good points
Old 08-16-2007, 08:51 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RGT
Truly amazing Charlie.

Thanks, Roger.

You know what amazes me the most though is that somewhere in the translation the math is lost...

hmmmm.....let's see for $689 I get the best tuning software on the planet, complete with the best data logging software, unlimited free upgrades for a year PLUS the best Etune in the market .....or for nearly 1K I get.....

Get notified of new replies

To - RPM Motors ETUNES still only $150 - never a "vette tax"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] - RPM Motors ETUNES still only $150 - never a "vette tax"