Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

71 SB Coupe will be available

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Rick Church

Default 71 4 Speed SB Coupe w/ Air

Off The Market............sold!

Last edited by Rick Church; 09-11-2007 at 01:29 PM. Reason: title change
Old 07-28-2007, 01:06 PM
rss454
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice

That is a nice looking car for 21K. I bet someone will take that off your hands pretty quick.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:13 PM
PizzenEwayMoney
Drifting

Old 07-28-2007, 02:22 PM
olds120
Racer

NICE car......dont think that will be around long
Old 07-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Harrykaw
Pro

Where in TN is it located?
Old 07-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Harrykaw
Pro

PM sent.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:25 AM
lytmup
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a PM. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:41 PM
lookin4C3
Instructor

ditto
Old 07-30-2007, 08:44 PM
KYCelt
Instructor

Check PM please
Old 07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Rick Church

To answer the two most common questions I've been asked, the car is located near Fort Campbell, KY, 50 miles northwest of Nashville on the state line; the price is absolutely firm.

Rick
Old 07-31-2007, 03:40 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Church
The car is located in north central Tennessee, asking $21,500 or best offer.
To answer the two most common questions I've been asked, the car is located near Fort Campbell, KY, 50 miles northwest of Nashville on the state line; the price is absolutely firm.

Rick
Nice car! If your price is firm you might want to edit your original post, as it says "or best offer."
Old 07-31-2007, 05:45 PM
lytmup
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I PM'd you with some questions and never heard back.

I will re-PM. Thank you.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Rick Church

Default Definitely for sale

The car is a garage queen and I have decided to sell it.

General description: The Corvette is a 1971 small block coupe, original matching numbers car throughout (except the paint)! The car has a Muncie M-20 four speed manual transmission, power brakes, power steering, air-conditioning (and it works too!), tinted windows all around, deluxe saddle interior, tilt/telescopic steering wheel, color matching floor mats, almost new white letter tires, rally wheels, shoulder belts, AM/FM Stereo and cassette, positraction rear end, 3:36 differential, and I have documented all vehicle parts that have casting dates and casting numbers. All numbers match! It is the original 350/270 horse power engine. The transmission casting numbers and tag (still installed on the car) all match. All casting numbers indicate March 1971; the build date is April 1971. In tracing the documentation on the car, I have located and talked to all previous owners except the original buyer. I have all documentation of each title and transfers of the car through out the years. The car was originally bought in Lincoln, Nebraska, later sold to an Air Force Officer that took it to Montgomery, Alabama, where I purchased the car. The Colonel bought the car for $12,599 and spent $7,800 restoring the car. I bought the car in October of 2002 for significantly more and spent more than $2000 on it my self. I have all the Colonel’s receipts and my own which total over $10,000, not to mention the purchase cost of the car. THE CAR HAS NEVER NEVER BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT OR WRECKED. THERE IS NO DAMAGE HISTORY AND NO VISIBLE INDICATION OF ANY. All previous owners state there were never any accidents or incidents whatsoever.

Mechanics and restoration: 95% of all receipts are present. The previous owner repainted the car ($3500) and replaced the deluxe door panels ($700), console wood grain ($18), emergency brake cover ($39), rear license plate bezel ($49), rear exhaust bezels and chrome exhaust tips ($200). He also replaced the car’s insignia (cost unknown) and some chrome trim. The Air Force Colonel spent over $7800 on the car including but not limited to: rear wheel bearings, heads rebuild, brakes maintenance, new fan clutch and fan, all new rear tail lights, rear bumpers, speedometer repair, quartz clock conversion, transmission rebuild, vacuum lines, head light vacuum system repair, wiper motor replacement, and a great deal of things that the receipts spell out but I have hit the big items. If something was broken on the car, he had it fixed! There are other things I can’t think of now. Then I started tinkering with it after I bought it.

I have spent over $2000 in parts, I did the labor! I have restored the engine compartment in accordance with the National Corvette Restorers Society handbook (excluding a couple of black zip ties) and GM assembly information manual. In doing so, I replaced the radiator, radiator seals, radiator cap, shroud seals, installed a Stewarts Stage 1 High flow pump(original casting), timing chain with double roller chain and gears, installed a Comp Cam 270 cam and lifter kit, adjusted all valves, new intake manifold seals and valve cover gaskets, high volume oil pump and oil pan seals, fuel pump hoses and clamps, front stabilizer bar bushings and end links, new lower air dam, new heater hoses, thermostat, spark plug and plug wires, replaced incorrect (right side) exhaust manifold with a matching number manifold, manifold gaskets, French locks, new heat riser and exhaust gaskets, new speedometer and tach cable, had the rear exhaust outlets heat centered in the bezels, new sill plates, interior windshield pillar posts left and right sides, new shoulder belt retractor covers, replaced T-top tie down straps, all new decals throughout the car, polished and installed all ignition shielding and new brackets, polished and installed LT1 valve covers (I have the originals), replaced worn or cracked vacuum lines and wiring, cleaned and painted the engine compartment and engine block, replaced all four brake calipers and pads, brake hoses, and just too many little things to remember at once. There are always a couple of things that need repaired on any car this old. The rear transmission output shaft seal and rear main seeps very little from sitting in the garage and not being driven, and the odometer sticks but the speedometer works fine.

The receipts are all available and can be reviewed by any serious buyer or prospect. The pictures are on the photo host web site and they too speak for themselves. I can take additional pictures to send (email) to any one that requests them. There are so many other little things I have replaced on the car during the FRAME ON restoration but I’d have to review the receipts to list them all. I hope this answers your questions and concerns. Photos on request, $21,500 firm please.

Rick

CW5Church@aol.com
Old 08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Rick Church

A reply was sent to all PMs and emails, thanks guys.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Niels
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A reply was sent to all PMs and emails, thanks guys.

Hey Rick

I have send you a mail.
Do you have a phonenumber, so i can call you
You can reply on my mail

nbay@jyllingesyd.dk

Regards

Niels - Copenhagen - denmark
Old 08-05-2007, 01:59 PM
gator79
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice car, thought it would be gone by now
Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 AM
30cal
Instructor

Originally Posted by gator79
nice car, thought it would be gone by now
21500. the market spoke...

Get notified of new replies

To 71 SB Coupe will be available

Old 08-08-2007, 03:00 AM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 30cal
21500. the market spoke...
That car is worth every cent and probably more.

Pretty limited market to be making a statement like yours.

disclaimer... I don't know Rick Church nor do I have any financial interest in his vehicle.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Karfever
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I spoke to Rick months ago when he had the car for sale. Rick appears to be a honest individual. I reviewed alot of his photos and didnt flag the car for any negatives, but another buyer came in with a deposit, so I was out.

Now, the car is again availible for what is a reasonable price. Makes me mad!

Disclaimer: YES this was a shameless plug for a nice car from a nice guy.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Rick Church

I had friend that bought 78 SA coupe vette off a local car lot $9K. After a $7000 paint and body rehab, over $10000 in parts and restoration costs, the car was still mostley dissassembled in his home and he lost his butt (and interest) when he sold it to a guy for less than half of his investment. He had over $26,000 in a car that wasn't original, wasn't matching numbers, didn't have chrome bumpers, and wasn't all that desireable or much to look at. It still isn't to this day!

I don't what the market will support on 71 prices but I do care. My car is an honest representation of an original 71 Stingray including all date codes, casting numbers, serial numbers, complete ownership history, protecto plate, no wrecks or body or frame damage. As far as I can see and I have looked VERY CLOSE, the frame and bird cage are rust free. All this car needs is a wash and wax and plenty of room on the trophy shelf. I don't want to over represent my car because I don't have to sell it. Sure there are lots of cheaper cars out there, but buy a cheap car it will certainly cost more than I am asksing for mine, to get to the standard of a nice unmolested Stingray such as mine.

I don't even know why I'm replying to the above terse reply. I just guess the blood, sweat, tears, time, labor, love, and research I have put in this car mean more than money. At $50 an hour for my labor, maybe I should about ask $50,000+ for the car. Guys out there like me know what I mean. That being said, it is just a car. I guess $21,500 for a Honda Civic IS a better deal. By the way, no offense taken!

Last edited by Rick Church; 08-09-2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: spell correction

Quick Reply: 71 SB Coupe will be available