C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankcase ventalation questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:05 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Default Crankcase ventalation questions

I've recently read where some here are having issues with oil buildup inside the intake maniflod and throttle body of their FI cars, assumely from crankcase blow-by. My ProCharged C6 is plumbed per the instructions, whereas the crankcase vents are vented into the air cleaner. I have also vented each valve cover into a catch can. I have drained the catch can, but no oil has ever come out. My questions is: should I replumb the crankcase vent lines into the catch can, too? Thanks.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:45 AM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

No because the procharger acts as the pvc valve by pulling vacuum and fumes out of the engine, just like the stock pvc does from the factory. If you run it through a vented catch can you will lose all vacuum, now you can run it through a sealed style catch can, but if you have both vc plumbed on both sides you should not have much of an issue of oil vapors making it back to the intake through the supercharger. If anything it maybe coming back up through the intake valve when it first opens. When I build my car I plan to put a one way krank vent valve on the opposite side of the procharger vent (drivers side) vc. This will allow the engine to maintain vacuum until the pressure in the crank case builds and the krank vent valve will open to releave pressure.

As far as keeping the intake and valves clean once again as I tell everyone, meth is the only way to go. It raises your octane level, drops intake temp, and when you tear the engine apart it looks brand new because the meth acts like carb cleaner. Its going to keep build up off the valves that can cause hot spots and the nasty D word. Hope that helps.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:46 AM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Have you taken off your intake tube and look down inside the intake man?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:52 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Actually, I had the intake manifold off to replace a gasket just last week. It was clean inside, too. So, I guess I'll leave everything as is. Thanks for the help.

Get notified of new replies

To Crankcase ventalation questions

Quick Reply: Crankcase ventalation questions