Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

bird droped on hood and it won,t come off.Please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 06:18 AM
sly1
Le Mans Master

Received 530 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
If it's etched into the clearcoat and paint you can forget it.
That's true but it can at least be minimized to the point where it would be apparent only upon close inspection.

Unless you have experience with a polisher, I'd take the car to a good local detailer, and I'm confident that they will be able to minimize the damage to the point where it shouldn't bother you anymore.

BTW to the best of my knowledge, no automobile manufacturer will cover damage to the paint because of bird droppings.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:08 AM
knkali
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Birds must die
Old 07-15-2007, 08:53 AM
fyreline
Supporting Lifetime
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,269 Likes on 508 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

Had my '07 Monterey Red Metallic vert about two months when some %&$#@ pterodactyl evacuated its bowels onto a spot just on top of the driver's door, right at the rearmost edge. I was at work, and it sat in the sun for a couple of hours. As soon as I saw it I went after it with detail spray and got it all off the surface. However, I could still see the spot where it had been. I have tried every suggestion given above - and while I doubt that anyone else can see where the bird splatter was, if I stand in just the right spot with the sun "just so", I can still see a faint shadow of it. Guess I always will, so I've decided that as long as I intend to drive the car every possible day, these things are going to happen. Life goes on.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:53 PM
C4boy
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fyreline
Had my '07 Monterey Red Metallic vert about two months when some %&$#@ pterodactyl evacuated its bowels onto a spot just on top
of the driver's door
I have nothing constructive to add, but that first sentence cracked me up . And 2 points for spelling pterodactyl correctly....I think
Old 07-15-2007, 03:48 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 509 Likes on 293 Posts

I did not see this thread check out the one I jsut posted I had good success without a rotary buffer.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:44 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A bird has no way of knowing the market value of an automobile, you may think he is selecting a ‘just detailed vehicle, a very expensive automobile or always picking on my car-

In reality he /she’s just doing what comes naturally and has no thought of the consequences of what his s**t lands on

Always use the least abrasive product first-
(a) A safe solvent (Stoner’s Tarminator or Isopropyl alcohol (IPA))
(b) Detailer’s Clay
(c) A chemical / abrasive paint surface cleaner (Zaino Paint Cleaner Z-PC) or (Zaino All-In-One
(Z-AIO)
(d) An abrasive polish
(e) If the surface has been etched use an abrasive polish and a polisher (Rotary or Random orbital)
The same adage applies to abrasive polishes and foam pads – Least abrasive first before ‘stepping–up’

No wax or polymer sealant can provide a permanent shield against acidic bird excrement (Collinite 845 Insulator Wax is probably the most durable Carnauba wax product) but this may only provide enough of a barrier to enable it to be removed quickly before causing too much damage to the paint film surface.

Quick Reply: bird droped on hood and it won,t come off.Please help!!!!