Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New dyno#s with Killer Bee & Tune.I'm impressed! 570rwh/513rwt..

Old 07-11-2007, 02:30 PM
SW
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default New dyno#s with Killer Bee & Tune.I'm impressed! 570rwh/513rwt..

We re-dynoed my red(track car)Z this morning. This car is one of the good running ones to start with, always been stronger than my blk Z. Now I have to work on the blk one some more . The only change from my last dyno was the addition of the "killer bee" intake/maf and a small retune. The air intake temp was 102 and in the dyno room it was 90. I also dynoed it with my HREs vs my stock wheels from last time. We did a direct before and after. Both cars have the same combination, cam, headers, port matched intake and tune. The red Z has no cats and the killer bee and vette-air..

SW

Today

Today Vs 2 months ago.

Today's graph w/ Killer Bee

Last edited by SW; 07-11-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Futfixr
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Recap the previous mods.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

amazing how close the two "befores" dynoed within each other...because I've got to think it was a tad cooler on 5-18-07 than today. Impressive final results. Is this Patrick's tune?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
SW
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U
amazing how close the two "befores" dynoed within each other...because I've got to think it was a tad cooler on 5-18-07 than today. Impressive final results. Is this Patrick's tune?
After the first dyno, I went to a track weekend at TWS. I think the car really got "broken in" at that event, I think that's why it picked up 9 rwh on the 1st run. Yes, Patrick tuned it.

SW
Old 07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed - very good numbers
Old 07-11-2007, 03:13 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Futfixr
Nice. Recap the previous mods.

Congrats Mr. SW.

Folks, if you want to see similar results out of your beast, please give us a call or email.

Remember this: Vette-Air (formally known as Air-Charger) and the Killer Bee combined with our package combo that will kill your next lane victim.

Also remember, our Killer Bees are being sold with the FREE FUEGO option (painted plastic bridge). The Bee stings the F1

Our heads project will complement this combo nicely and who knows, we may see 590 to 605rwhp on 93 PUMP GAS!

Again, we are not as big as the big dogs, but our results are certainly big or BIGGER than the rest.

Visit www.vette-air.com

Thanks,
Carlos

PS, this was on a independent Dyno

Last edited by Myhardtop; 07-11-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
0LMP
Former Vendor

Thats some nice power.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice...

Do you know what your fuel/air ratio is?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:49 PM
SW
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Frenchican
Nice...

Old 07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

WOW! A Z06 Corvette for each foot!

Nice numbers.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frenchican
Nice...

Ah... :o never mind.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:22 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

SW, what other mods have you done to the car? I am assuming camshaft, headers maybe some head work? Which cam are you using. Sometime ago I installed a LG kit into a customers car and we got 565 out of it with their X5 cam package.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:49 PM
SW
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by tjwong
SW, what other mods have you done to the car? I am assuming camshaft, headers maybe some head work? Which cam are you using. Sometime ago I installed a LG kit into a customers car and we got 565 out of it with their X5 cam package.
Red car, cam, Kooks, ported intake, no cats, stock exhaust, killer bee, vette-air & tune. Pump gas, HRE wheels, stock tires, no headwork.

Blk car, cam, Kooks, ported intake, cats, stock exhaust, LPE hi-flo maf & air intake and tune. Pump gas, HRE wheels, no headwork.

Guys, my blk car has had 4 different cams in it. I tried cams that some of the tuners say that it will make "x" power and never did. With some research, we came up with a combination that works. I got tired of being dissapointed with some of the "numbers" that have been posted here because I bought the same "pkg" and the car never made the advertized "number". My dyno numbers are real, no tricks, no lightweight wheels, no belts removed, no race gas, no a/c ducted to the air intake. What you see it what you get.. Everyone wants a big number, but I want a real number, something the car is going to make when the engine is in normal operating temp and you are driving it.

SW
Old 07-11-2007, 07:01 PM
JDRacing
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SW
Red car, cam, Kooks, ported intake, no cats, stock exhaust, killer bee, vette-air & tune. Pump gas, HRE wheels, stock tires, no headwork.

Blk car, cam, Kooks, ported intake, cats, stock exhaust, LPE hi-flo maf & air intake and tune. Pump gas, HRE wheels, no headwork.

Guys, my blk car has had 4 different cams in it. I tried cams that some of the tuners say that it will make "x" power and never did. With some research, we came up with a combination that works. I got tired of being dissapointed with some of the "numbers" that have been posted here because I bought the same "pkg" and the car never made the advertized "number". My dyno numbers are real, no tricks, no lightweight wheels, no belts removed, no race gas, no a/c ducted to the air intake. What you see it what you get.. Everyone wants a big number, but I want a real number, something the car is going to make when the engine is in normal operating temp and you are driving it.

SW
So, this begs the question: Which cam did you end up with as part of the package making the power in the posted dynos? (I take it you have the same cam in both cars now?) Thanks in advance for some insight on the results of your cam testing efforts.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 582 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Very nice numbers indeed SW. What is curious to me, is that you are the second customer to see a 20 RWHP/20 ft. lbs increase with the Killer Bee vs the F1 Intake.

Jimman did this in CA about 2 months ago, and I thought it was an anomaly on the dyno, which happens from time to time as I'm sure you know, having done so many dynos. Now your dyno makes me wonder is his was a fluke?

I also did a retune for Jimman, but it was not a change in air fuel ratio or timing, just simply a tweak in his MAF code to bring the LTFs down to zero.

The key here is the air fuel ratio. The LS7 love the mid 13:1 air fuel ratios. I'm blind without my glasses, but it looks like around 13.5:1 once the a/f ratio stabilized at rpm.

Anyway you slice this, the numbers are phenomenal, and the work done by Patrick and Carlos is a big part of this number as well. WOW!

Two questions. I am unclear regarding the previous dyno done in May. Was that also done with the F1? Was it on the same car?

Jim Hall

Last edited by Halltech; 07-11-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Yaroslav
Burning Brakes

600whp is 700hp
Did i understand you right???
Repair your DYNO
Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 PM
SW
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
Very nice numbers indeed SW. What is curious to me, is that you are the second customer to see a 20 RWHP/20 ft. lbs increase with the Killer Bee vs the F1 Intake.

Jimman did this in CA about 2 months ago, and I thought it was an anomaly on the dyno, which happens from time to time as I'm sure you know, having done so many dynos. Now your dyno makes me wonder is his was a fluke?

I also did a retune for Jimman, but it was not a change in air fuel ratio or timing, just simply a tweak in his MAF code to bring the LTFs down to zero.

The key here is the air fuel ratio. The LS7 love the mid 13:1 air fuel ratios. I'm blind without my glasses, but it looks like around 13.5:1 once the a/f ratio stabilized at rpm.

Anyway you slice this, the numbers are phenomenal, and the work done by Patrick and Carlos is a big part of this number as well. WOW!

Two questions. I am unclear regarding the previous dyno done in May. Was that also done with the F1? Was it on the same car?

Jim Hall
First Jim, thanks for a KILLER product. The dyno done in May was on the red Z right after the headers, cam, intake, F1 & tune. I really didn't drive it much until I took it to TWS about a month ago. Even in the heat, I felt the car was really strong. As you can see, it made about the same rwt as the dyno in May, but picked up 9rwh. I really didn't think your Killer Bee would pick up that much over what I had but it did. We made one pull and installed the Bee, adjusted the fuel and made the second pull and you can see the gains through out the entire powerband in hp and trq. All this in about 15 min. The only real issue we had was, it was really lazy and stumbled right off of idle. The Killer Bee flowed so much, it was running really rich up to 1500. Patrick had to lean it out and add timing, now it drives perfect.

SW

Get notified of new replies

To New dyno#s with Killer Bee & Tune.I'm impressed! 570rwh/513rwt..

Old 07-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 220 Posts

What kind of intake did you have before you put on the killer bee and vette-air?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:16 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray23
What kind of intake did you have before you put on the killer bee and vette-air?
I can answer that question.

He had the F1 filter and the Vette-Air. Then install the Killer Bee plus some ECM tweaking and that was it!

Thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 01:23 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

SW, would you mind disclosing your cam? I am just curious, you see so many claiming this and that. And especially yours since you have NO HEADWORK other than perhaps springs. In the begining LPE wasn't doing any head work either, and now they have a package where they "hand port" the heads for an lots of cash extra. LGs package had some head work done on the exhaust port, mainly around the bowl area and they replaced the intake valve with a Xceldyne one peice valve vs the OE GM Ti valve using a lash cap. I didn't see any noticable advantages of the Xceldyne valve over the GM valve other than it was a once piece design vs a valve requiring a lash cap.

I am also in the developement process of designing a valve spring tool to facilitate easy removal of the valve springs in a LS7 and now the L92/LS3 head configuration. By the way did you use to own a black LPE ZR1 with a 368 LPE engine with stock cams, and a B&B exhaust system? If you did, the car is now here in Portland Oregon and belongs to a friend of mine.

By the way I really admire your garage!

Last edited by tjwong; 07-12-2007 at 01:29 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] New dyno#s with Killer Bee & Tune.I'm impressed! 570rwh/513rwt..