Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 Car for Sale – Current (and 4-time) Southeast Division T1 Nat Champ - $32,500

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:02 PM
ryan0
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wtknght1
Yes, the 04 OEM hood is CF...and allowed.
It's the Ron Davis Radiator...without the integrated oil cooler.

If you're serious about the car, send me your email address and I'll be happy to send you some photos.
wtknght1@aol.com

ahh.. makes sense.. didnt know the plain ron davis was legal.

and i just wanted pics cause i was curious about T1 legality and rules.

ryan
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Still available.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:43 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll bet that oil cooler hing trips up alot of folks that don't use Phoenix or another of the race prep shops. RD radiator sans cooler == legal. With cooler integrated == not legal.

I read through the rules and found how little you can really alter on a T1 car, and at the same time how expensive the mods you need are! This is an excellent deal. Bump for that. Wish mine was paid off so I could pick this up. Only other color I'd consider on a racecar.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

You said getting new swaybars? Do bars wearout? Do you have the T1 bars to get rid of?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

I've already sold/traded my old bars for services rendered (i.e. he's building my new web site for my bars, end lnks, advice, instruction and a few other nit-noids).

The bars I had on the car were a bit old, but still awfully good. They don't wear out per se', but I'm going for a National Title in October so they might gain me an additional .1 or .2 ...maybe. If nothing else, they might help with consistency. I also wanted to put the new ones on there because the new rear T1 bar is adjustable, so that gives me yet another option to change the handling characteristics...as if I needed any more. ha ha

As was mentioned, mods to a T1 car are minimal, but the ones you can make can cost you quite a bit. That's another reason I advise against trying to build your own car. You simply don't know all the stuff that goes in to one of these cars. For instance, a piecemealed T1 car may have 360 rear wheel HP. A decent T1 car may have 370, but a really good T1 car probably has some tuning, balancing and blueprinting done to the engine making it very, very strong. Think about all the other components on the car - those could also be "trued"...the way the part was "designed" to be and not just the way it came from the factory. That is the reason for the cost of a T1 car (a good one) and also the reason why you want to buy one already built instead of building one yourself. There is A LOT to it!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:52 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've already sold/traded my old bars for services rendered (i.e. he's building my new web site for my bars, end lnks, advice, instruction and a few other nit-noids).

The bars I had on the car were a bit old, but still awfully good. They don't wear out per se', but I'm going for a National Title in October so they might gain me an additional .1 or .2 ...maybe. If nothing else, they might help with consistency. I also wanted to put the new ones on there because the new rear T1 bar is adjustable, so that gives me yet another option to change the handling characteristics...as if I needed any more. ha ha

As was mentioned, mods to a T1 car are minimal, but the ones you can make can cost you quite a bit. That's another reason I advise against trying to build your own car. You simply don't know all the stuff that goes in to one of these cars. For instance, a piecemealed T1 car may have 360 rear wheel HP. A decent T1 car may have 370, but a really good T1 car probably has some tuning, balancing and blueprinting done to the engine making it very, very strong. Think about all the other components on the car - those could also be "trued"...the way the part was "designed" to be and not just the way it came from the factory. That is the reason for the cost of a T1 car (a good one) and also the reason why you want to buy one already built instead of building one yourself. There is A LOT to it!
Chris nailed this one right on the head! Buy one turn key ready to race. I did and am having a blast in my first year. Chris has a well sorted reliable fast car at a GREAT price. Try and build one and you will have 3 times as much as what he is asking.

As Chris said, HP is different and I have one that fits in between the piecemealed/decent area. I am at 364 RWHP and 360 Torq with a 2 year old stock untouched LS6 motor with the CATS gone.

This is a great buy and remember the Corvettes are now good till 2014 with the new rule.

Aaron Quine
Kumho Tire (Motorsports)
#21 T1 Corvette Z06
Medina, Ohio
Old 08-26-2007, 04:49 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Please send pics to bhs60402000@yahoo.com

Thanks
Old 09-01-2007, 07:45 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

I (and the car) will be at Rockingham this weekend (Sep 8-9) instructing if you're interested in seeing it.

I just got it back from Phoenix - fresh heads, new dyno tune (WOW!!!!!!!), sway bars, end links, tie rod ends, cornerweighted, etc, etc, etc.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Did it do over 385 to the wheels?
Old 09-02-2007, 06:34 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

If you buy it, I'll show you the dyno sheets. I have every single one ever done over the years.

...but lets just say that running a new engine for a year (to get the bottom part loosened up a bit) and then freshening the heads was definitely a good way to go!!!!!! It's very strong!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:16 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

One month to go 'til the runoffs...come get it!!!!!! It's available the day after!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

How much does it weigh?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

3280 WITH the driver...and I weigh 200. I can actually go a bit lower, but that's the minimum a T1 Corvette can weigh. The front corner weights are within 15 lbs of each other as are the rear weights! It's very well balanced!!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:36 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

3280 WITH the driver...and I weigh 200. I can actually go a bit lower, but that's the minimum a T1 Corvette can weigh. The front corner weights are within 15 lbs of each other as are the rear weights! It's very well balanced!!
Man if I can only get rid of my coupe, I really want a competition car.

I cant beleive this is THE Chris Ingle, I had no clue.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

...but lets just say that running a new engine for a year (to get the bottom part loosened up a bit) and then freshening the heads was definitely a good way to go!!!!!! It's very strong!
Do tell, Chris...do tell!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:00 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
Do tell, Chris...do tell!
I did...it's strong. Buy it and you can see the dyno sheets!

And as far as "being THE Chris Ingle"...well, please don't let that dissuade you from buying this hot rod. he he
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Cmon David, you know you want to come back to Corvette land.

BUY IT!

Get notified of new replies

To T1 Car for Sale – Current (and 4-time) Southeast Division T1 Nat Champ - $32,500

Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Two B's
Intermediate

I rode with Chris this Sunday at "the Rock''. To say the car is fast is an under statement. What a display of machinery and talent. If you were out on the track while Chris was driving you were in the way.
Thanks for the ride and the instruction Chris, both were monumental events for me.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:15 AM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rasrboy
Cmon David, you know you want to come back to Corvette land.

BUY IT!
ya never know, Aaron, ya never know.

Being back in the Bow-tie camp sure sounds tempting, ya never know...

For those interested in a T1 car, this is one of the best! And at a great price!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:02 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Two B's
I rode with Chris this Sunday at "the Rock''. To say the car is fast is an under statement. What a display of machinery and talent. If you were out on the track while Chris was driving you were in the way.
Thanks for the ride and the instruction Chris, both were monumental events for me.
My pleasure bud...glad you had a good time!!!!

Quick Reply: T1 Car for Sale – Current (and 4-time) Southeast Division T1 Nat Champ - $32,500