Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Halltech Killer Bee hose routing update

Old 07-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Default Halltech Killer Bee hose routing update

Here is something you guys may want to try when setting up your Killer Bee. For my car, I oriented the throttle body coupler with the hose barb in the 7 o'clock position (when looking into the throttle body). I cut the ends off the vacuum hose to the dry sump tank and routed a rubber hose along the radiator and heater hoses. I think this looks a little cleaner than the plastic line on the top of the intake, ESPECIALLY for customers who have the painted intake and valve cover combo. Cutting the ends off the hose is very difficult and you have to be careful not cut yourself. It is also very difficult to push the hose onto the line ends, but with a lot of force it can be done.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 07-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 582 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Katech
Here is something you guys may want to try when setting up your Killer Bee. For my car, I oriented the throttle body coupler with the hose barb in the 7 o'clock position (when looking into the throttle body). I cut the ends off the vacuum hose to the dry sump tank and routed a rubber hose along the radiator and heater hoses. I think this looks a little cleaner than the plastic line on the top of the intake, ESPECIALLY for customers who have the painted intake and valve cover combo. Cutting the ends off the hose is very difficult and you have to be careful not cut yourself. It is also very difficult to push the hose onto the line ends, but with a lot of force it can be done.

Boy, do I owe you.

Very sweet indeed. Clean and mean.

We're going to have to start sending instructions for that fix.

Jim
Old 07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Jason, did you use 3/8" rubber hose? Can you give us the length? Pretty slick.

We've bee cutting 1.5" off the end that hooks up to the PCV nipple and heating the plastic tube with a heat gun and forcing the PCV into the hose line. It looks completely stock and fixes the problem as well.

The biggest problem is the time and shipping costs to send the new line for the customers exchange.

Yours is a much nicer and cleaner way to do it. Maybe you could send a few more pictures and we'll set up some instructions.

Thanks!!!

Jim
Old 07-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
Jason, did you use 3/8" rubber hose? Can you give us the length? Pretty slick.

We've bee cutting 1.5" off the end that hooks up to the PCV nipple and heating the plastic tube with a heat gun and forcing the PCV into the hose line. It looks completely stock and fixes the problem as well.

The biggest problem is the time and shipping costs to send the new line for the customers exchange.

Yours is a much nicer and cleaner way to do it. Maybe you could send a few more pictures and we'll set up some instructions.

Thanks!!!

Jim

Yes, 3/8. I'll measure the length asap.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:06 PM
HornZ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy, this couldn't be more timely... Just talked to Jim yesterday about this problem. By my measurements it should take about 48 - 50 inches of tubing.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:26 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 07-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by HornZ
Boy, this couldn't be more timely... Just talked to Jim yesterday about this problem. By my measurements it should take about 48 - 50 inches of tubing.
I just did one tonight. 48" does the trick. 3/8" i.d. rubber hose and a utility knife. It takes about 20 minutes to do it right. It makes the hose disappear, and actually looks better than the stock setup.

I'll have a supplemental instruction set on my website tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Toonz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'12

Looks great! Something I'll have to add to my list of things to do when I return. Thanks Jason!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

http://www.corvetteLS7.com/Instructi...stallation.doc

This was done quick and dirty, and somewhat incomplete, but it should help get the job done. 48" piece of 3/8" rubber hose does the trick.

Last edited by Halltech; 07-04-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:13 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First off, this is a very clean set up, kudo's to Jason.

Second, would this be the line that one would install a catch can to keep the intake void of any oil residue if your driving hard in the mountains or at the track?

Third, do you think that a catch can is needed on the C6Z to keep the intake clean?

I installed a catch can on my C5Z and had no more problems with an oily intake.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Old 07-15-2007, 06:12 PM
VetteRobbie
Instructor

Default What about the factory hoses?

Dear Jim and Katech:

Do you guys know where to get the factory hose, fittings and tools to work with or make factory looking lines? Are they silicon, pvc, etc.? What about those fittings too? Any info would be appreciated. Also, what about installing one of those venting canisters on the lines. What do you guys think?

Thanks.
VetteRobbie
Old 07-15-2007, 06:25 PM
FreakC6ZO6
Instructor

Sweet
Old 07-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by RoHo
First off, this is a very clean set up, kudo's to Jason.

Second, would this be the line that one would install a catch can to keep the intake void of any oil residue if your driving hard in the mountains or at the track?

Third, do you think that a catch can is needed on the C6Z to keep the intake clean?

I installed a catch can on my C5Z and had no more problems with an oily intake.
1. Thanks

2. Yes, but see #3

3. The dry sump tank actually works like a catch can itself. I don't think anybody is having excessive oil in the intake after track events. All the intakes I have removed have had a normal amount of oil film on the floor but probably not enough to have a significant amount of oil consumption. Maybe Short-Throw could post his oil consumption with his many miles of hard track driving.

Originally Posted by VetteRobbie
Dear Jim and Katech:

Do you guys know where to get the factory hose, fittings and tools to work with or make factory looking lines? Are they silicon, pvc, etc.? What about those fittings too? Any info would be appreciated. Also, what about installing one of those venting canisters on the lines. What do you guys think?

Thanks.
VetteRobbie
I don't know where to get them, but they look like they are pvc with the fittings installed using some kind of thermal process. I scavenged the fittings off the factory line by carefully cutting the old line with a razor.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech Killer Bee hose routing update

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Halltech Killer Bee hose routing update