Northern California Northern California

Rev It Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
DRR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rev It Up

Anyone who has been in the past care to share your experience? Anyone going this year?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:13 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,426 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by DRR
Anyone who has been in the past care to share your experience? Anyone going this year?
If this is the GM driving experience of Auto Show in Motion, don't waste your time. They regulate it so much that it is impossible to have any fun. I tried to drift the Vette around a little and they kicked me out for the day. Unless you like driving around parking lots at 25 MPH, it sucks. It is like a pace lap for an autocross last time I went.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:43 PM
DRR
Burning Brakes

From what I read it is a driving school with a nation wide race for the best time and least points deducted to win a Vette. You can also lap carts and ride as a passenger in a Z driven by a pro driver for an extra fee. It is to be held at Alameda Point in July.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:58 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,426 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by DRR
From what I read it is a driving school with a nation wide race for the best time and least points deducted to win a Vette. You can also lap carts and ride as a passenger in a Z driven by a pro driver for an extra fee. It is to be held at Alameda Point in July.
Well never mind then. I thought it was the stupid Auto Show in Motion. That sounds like way more fun!

here is what I found on line about it. http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._announcement/

and here http://www.revitup.com/

I just signed me and Carrie up for the Saturday event. I will look forward to winning the new Corvette.

Last edited by RichieRichZ06; 06-26-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:18 PM
DRR
Burning Brakes

A group of guys from work are going on Friday and racing in group 28. Maybe we will see you there.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Mrs Cali Z06
Burning Brakes

Mikey & I going Saturday!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Rocket02
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Well never mind then. I thought it was the stupid Auto Show in Motion. That sounds like way more fun!

here is what I found on line about it. http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._announcement/

and here http://www.revitup.com/

I just signed me and Carrie up for the Saturday event. I will look forward to winning the new Corvette.
Man, that 2008 Camaro is looking mighty fine! Tooo mighty fine.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:14 PM
DRR
Burning Brakes

Default Wow...

Nobody here went last year?
Old 07-01-2007, 01:36 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Wow, This is So Cool!

The event is about 10 minutes from my house.

I missed it last year and just about missed it this year except I came across this post.

I'll see you all out there on Saturday.
Since its so close I will be spying on Friday as well.

See you there!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:02 PM
DRR
Burning Brakes

TTT then in case anyone else missed it.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:06 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Can someone post an exact address? I tried to use Yahoo map to search for

Alameda Point - San Francisco

and did not get anything back.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:23 PM
C6SilverBullit
Instructor

Alameda Point is in Alameda, not San Francisco.

It is the former Alameda Naval Air station.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 PM
DRR
Burning Brakes

2999 Main St.
Alameda, Ca. 94501
Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DRR
2999 Main St.
Alameda, Ca. 94501
Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 06:21 PM
C6SilverBullit
Instructor

This looks like a lot of fun.
I am signed up for Session 30 on Friday night with a couple of buddies.

Cobalts, aren't they front wheel driver cars?

I wonder how they will handle compared to the rear wheeled vettes.

Of course with my rudimentry skills it may not matter.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I live in Alameda.

I just saw the Cobalt race cars driving down webster street today. They had the Rev It Up graphics and Numbers on the side and big rear spoilers. Sounded like an aftermarket exhaust as well.

They are probably here already setting up the first event.

This is going to be Cool!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:33 PM
DRR
Burning Brakes

We are in group 28 on Friday, so we may run in to you. Are you doing carting and the Z hot laps as well?

I know nothing about Cobalts. But you may be right about drive wheels.
But I will go out on a limb and predict that FWD or RWD, that 1st prize new Vette is mine...in my dreams.

Doug

Get notified of new replies

To Rev It Up

Old 07-04-2007, 04:48 PM
C6SilverBullit
Instructor

Originally Posted by DRR
We are in group 28 on Friday, so we may run in to you. Are you doing carting and the Z hot laps as well?

I know nothing about Cobalts. But you may be right about drive wheels.
But I will go out on a limb and predict that FWD or RWD, that 1st prize new Vette is mine...in my dreams.

Doug
Yes, we will be doing the Karts and the Z ride along. I think I will be quite an experience riding in the Z with a professional driver. Hopefully I won't get car sick

wayne
Old 07-07-2007, 11:58 AM
C6SilverBullit
Instructor

Default Was there last night

It was kind of cold and windy last night. But generally had a good time. They seemed to have a parking section specifically for car clubs. I saw a bunch of Santa Clara corvettes there.

Some advice if your going.
Be prepared for any kind of weather.

Get there an hour or two early. It would be best if you could get to the practice course a few times before you do your competition laps.
This area actually had the longest lines. Much longer than the Corvette Performance Course.

Driving 101 course was interesting, I had never been to a driving instruction course before. If you have been before, you might find it remedial.

Driving 201, unfortunately didnt attend. The person I was with came down from Sacramento where it was 100 degrees, and was too cold to stick it out any longer.

Z06 Ride Along If you've never been in a Z06 before with a good driver, I definitely recommend it. Also recommend doing it towards the end of the day, as you might be a little car sick by the time you get out. It was only 30 seconds, but what an adrenaline rush.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:04 PM
DRR
Burning Brakes

We came from 100 degree Sacramento, and I was fairly prepared for the cool with a wind breaker and long pants. I told my friends before we left, but none listened. Two of them ended up buying long sleeve shirts for a little warmth.

The event was a blast. Everyone was very friendly to us, even as we fully abused their cars. The Z ride was the best. We drove the Vettes quite a few times and found that some of the were faster than others by quite a bit. The SS car corral got a good work out. We also had head to head cart races to begin and end our evening.The Camaro Concept car turned out to be a Vert, and that was cool. They said it was the first Vert model shown of the five built so far.

On the competition course the best run in our group of four was a 503 score. Saddly my best run was a 398, with the E brake on.
(Oops, didn't see it until I finished)

Also, they should consider turning off the On Star function in all the cars because it definately can distract even the best driver when coming out of turn 1 a little too sideways and getting the On Star chime followed by the voice message "Impact detected", and later going through the x-box, the phone rings and it's Mrs. On Star asking, "What's your emergency?" "I'm not having an emergency, I'm racing." "You did not have an accident?" "No Mam." "Then you will need to reset the system." "Now is not a good time" "Ok, call back when you get time to reset the system. Thank you for using On Star..."

Then to top it all off, as we were leaving, they even invited us back to have more fun on Saturday. We will be going again next year.

Quick Reply: Rev It Up