Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reputable Dealers in CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Vettefinland
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reputable Dealers in CA

Does anybody knows REPUTABLE dealers (CA) who´ll ship internationally? Any experiences to deal with uscorvettes.com/ corvettecalif.com?
Searching late C3 (80-82).

Thanks,

Hannu

Last edited by Vettefinland; 06-26-2007 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:19 AM
cochise12us
Advanced

hannu, in my opinion i would never do buisness with U.S. CORVETTES out of long beach CA,(again). the owner of this dealership is a fast talking b/s artist, do a search on this forum of mr michael montrief and his US corvettes buisness and you will find alot of opinions like mine , he has been the talk of this forum a number of times, and most if not all discussion about this a-hole is not very good, and if you do decide to buy one of his cars ,do yourself a favor and have the car inspected by a corvette person, and get every and all promises IN WRITING from him before you give him any money, he still owes me an interior for my car which i will never see, i am reasonably sure someone else from this forum will add to the discussion , beware of US corvettes, he is, in my opinion the biggest scumbag i have ever had to deal with, and you being long distance from him will have more headaches than you bargained for ( in my opinion )
Old 06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
mikebaskette
Instructor

Default I agree

All this guy does is sucker people into listing their Corvettes with him and takes the word of the seller that the car is good.......wrong. Don't do it!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:16 PM
pndetti
2nd Gear

Default USCORVETTES Be Careful

Originally Posted by Vettefinland
Does anybody knows REPUTABLE dealers (CA) who´ll ship internationally? Any experiences to deal with uscorvettes.com/ corvettecalif.com?
Searching late C3 (80-82).

Thanks,

Hannu
I bought a 69 air coupe 350/350 with sidepipes from USCORVETTES. (Dec05) The car was on eBay and I was high bidder twice but did not meet the reserve price. On the third auction on eBay for the car Michael got booted off eBay and I contacted him directly to buy the car. I was expecting to spend $8K to do a complete interior resto and replace all the AC components to bring the car up to my standards and a nice driver. Car was supposed to be drivable. Turned out this car had not be on the road since 1989 and still is not drivable 1 1/2 years into a complete restoration. The car was supposed to be numbers matching, the engine is the right casting# but a CE engine. It is an original 350/350 sidepipe car though. Pics of the car showed it with all the script in place and when the car arrived broken script was inside in a box. My guess is Michael has a good set of script he uses for pics and then uses it on the next car. At the end of the day I may have spent more for the car than I should have but I bought it to restore. If you're buying a car from USCORVETTES and planning on driving it right away, you better go drive it first. Better still, avoid USCORVETTES and Michael completely. He is now operating in Corvette / Chevy Trader. Be careful with this guy.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

Check the back post, He ripped off the District Att of Montgomery County in Pennsylvania. Its in the archives on here or in Philly Inquirer. Run as fast as you can from this guy and dont look back. he has had tons of different names and I havent heard of one good thing about him. Do a archive search for Unlimited Vettes and also my old Post under old screen name Supersportt396 and you will see how bad this guy is.

Last edited by Bowtyeguy; 07-01-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:52 PM
jw72
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corvette Mike in Anaheim CA, is a good dealer. He has nice stuff, but get your wallet out. I know the ship.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:37 AM
easyasone2three
Instructor

You might have a look at www.gmdownunder.com I can't vouch for them but I have been by there a couple of times to look at cars. I think that he has shipped to Australia.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:47 PM
zo1boy
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jw72
Corvette Mike in Anaheim CA, is a good dealer.
Thanks.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Daytona69
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jw72
Corvette Mike in Anaheim CA, is a good dealer. He has nice stuff, but get your wallet out. I know the ship.

I bought my first Corvette from them...numbers matching 1970 Coupe. It was exactly as represented in the ad I saw on their website

I regret letting that one go

Get notified of new replies

To Reputable Dealers in CA

Quick Reply: Reputable Dealers in CA