C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Don't buy Python, Accell or Venom injectors. They are ghetto garbage.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:26 PM
NHCorvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are three different blue top injectors used by ford, you can't just refer to the color. Best to refer to injectors in specific terms by there part number.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:11 PM
GRX
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the Five-0 blue-tops and they've been great.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
zo1boy
Le Mans Master

So where I can I get injectors for my '88?

There is too much BS surrounding 5-0 so they are out...

How about RC?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 PM
shop14
Instructor

Originally Posted by NHCorvette
There are three different blue top injectors used by ford, you can't just refer to the color. Best to refer to injectors in specific terms by there part number.
can you tell me your part#0280150 ???
give me the last three digits,thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 07:09 PM
vetteman42
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Installed the new injectors today. Nice smooth install took about 1 1/2 hours. The new injectors made a big difference both in starting, idle and general performance (nice little bite off the line and smooth acceleration). These FMS injects are a Denso (I'm told one of the most reliable, more so than Bosch (opinion of my son and colleagues, certified master techs for toyota and honda (I forgave him for not being a gm guy!). The nice thing is these injectors were tested/rated at 22.5 lbs @43PSI. The installation was purely plug and play, no AFPR, no ECM retune, just a nice injector for a bone stock L98. The only noticeable thing is the ford injectors are louder, if that's negative it's the only I have to say. For those of you that would like a quality replacement injector for a stock L98, the FMS number is F55E-A2D/E. I purchased a reconditioned set of 8 (flow matched) with a 1 yr warranty for $199.92 + $10.00 shipping. The business is www.injectors4u.com. The owner is Howard Haack (989-644-2695)from the great American motoring state of Michigan. I would highly recommend this vendor both in service, honesty and some of the best technical resources in the injector business.

I took pictures of the injectors but wasn't able to determine how to paste without the url link. If someone can direct me I will post pictures.

Thanks all for with previous suggestions and help.
SAM LAM (Bob) suggested I contact you.

I would appreciate your experience to date with the injectors purchased via injectors4you. And if you would tell me why you decided to go with this vendor. I have a '91 L98 (pretty much stock - chip, open lid, etc.nothing internal)and Bob helped me determine to a reasonable degree that I need to replace the injectors. I'm trying to decide whether to go new or reconditioned as you did and I was wondering if you did research, if you would be willing to share the information.

I do have the instructions from BOB on the install w/o removing the runner.

Appreciate any info that you learned while determining new/reconditioned and the vendor of chocie.

Thanks again, Charlie
Old 06-26-2007, 08:42 PM
jghmczo6
Racer

Recently replaced injectors in my '90 vert with 24# Bosch and they are great, when I had the job done they included a adjustable fule pressure regulator and a fuel pressure gage permanently attached to the schrader valve, that way I can consistently monitor the fuel pressure anytime I open the hood. I am very pleased with the Bosch injectors and would recommend to others.

Hope this helps
Old 07-15-2007, 09:46 AM
OhioBob
Intermediate

Default Injector Replacement

Installed the new injectors today. Nice smooth install took about 1 1/2 hours. The new injectors made a big difference both in starting, idle and general performance (nice little bite off the line and smooth acceleration). These FMS injects are a Denso (I'm told one of the most reliable, more so than Bosch (opinion of my son and colleagues, certified master techs for toyota and honda (I forgave him for not being a gm guy!). The nice thing is these injectors were tested/rated at 22.5 lbs @43PSI. The installation was purely plug and play, no AFPR, no ECM retune, just a nice injector for a bone stock L98. The only noticeable thing is the ford injectors are louder, if that's negative it's the only I have to say. For those of you that would like a quality replacement injector for a stock L98, the FMS number is F55E-A2D/E. I purchased a reconditioned set of 8 (flow matched) with a 1 yr warranty for $199.92 + $10.00 shipping. The business is www.injectors4u.com. The owner is Howard Haack (989-644-2695)from the great American motoring state of Michigan. I would highly recommend this vendor both in service, honesty and some of the best technical resources in the injector business.

I took pictures of the injectors but wasn't able to determine how to paste without the url link. If someone can direct me I will post pictures.

Thanks all for with previous suggestions and help.
After reading this, I hope you don't mind me leaning on your experience! I was told by the dealer that my injectors needed to be replaced and, after the price shock wore off, I decided that I can do this myself but need quite a bit of help. I have a '89 shop manual and a Haynes book but they don't tell you the little inside things like : how much coolant can I expect to lose? Will I need to run for a mob and bucket when I disconnect the hoses? Do I need to drain the radiator first? How much fuel can I expect to deal with when disconnecting the lines? You did it in 1 1/2 hours?? I was told that it would take at least six! Any tricks of the trade that you can lead me on to would be appreciated and any other articles and/or books that are specific that I need to read up on before the project would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:50 AM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

it's going to take you 6 hours to scrap off the old gaskets !
and no, I am not joking.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:28 AM
BADDUCK
Le Mans Master

Location: One day you're a Comet...the next day you're dust... Arkansas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioBob
After reading this, I hope you don't mind me leaning on your experience! I was told by the dealer that my injectors needed to be replaced and, after the price shock wore off, I decided that I can do this myself but need quite a bit of help. I have a '89 shop manual and a Haynes book but they don't tell you the little inside things like : how much coolant can I expect to lose? Will I need to run for a mob and bucket when I disconnect the hoses? Do I need to drain the radiator first? How much fuel can I expect to deal with when disconnecting the lines? You did it in 1 1/2 hours?? I was told that it would take at least six! Any tricks of the trade that you can lead me on to would be appreciated and any other articles and/or books that are specific that I need to read up on before the project would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Do a search and read some install posts. Do a TB bypass at the same time.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:51 PM
jimmyu2
Instructor

I bought from Five 0 too. I returned them because they leaked, obviously they were not the correct injectors. I called them and Bruce sugggested i modify the fuel rail...yea right. After I shipped them back I bought a set of Accels from B&B Motors in the Bronx. I paid more than most ($50. each), but since I put them in last May the car has been running "like new" Five 0 tried to charge me cleaning and restocking fees. I called my credit card company explained the situation to them, and did not have to pay anything to Five 0. Why should I pay for their mistake. Thinking about it I should have sent him a bill for the time I spent installing and un-installing the crappy injectors he sent. I should have known better..they came in a plastic bag with no markings whatsoever. Live and learn
Old 07-15-2007, 07:18 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

I am using the newly designed Accel.
so far so good.

Quick Reply: Injectors