Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

2005 nav into a 2006

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Default 2005 nav into a 2006

are there any physical or functional conflicts of putting a 2005 nav into a 2006 vette?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:06 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Dlinderman
are there any physical or functional conflicts of putting a 2005 nav into a 2006 vette?
To the best of my knowledge there are 3 requirements

1) That your car have Bose (or had it originally) so that the harness has the VSS wire

2) That you install a GPS antenna (only get it from the factory if your car came with NAV)

3) That you have to get the radio re-programmed by a dealer to match it to your VIN.

To my mind it still isn't worth the aggravation and expense. A Pioneer D3 will cost you about the same or only slightly more, sound better, look better and give you FAR more options.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,667 Posts

komo,

i had been weighing my options of a pioneer against a factory nav, and had arrived at the same conclusion.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
EJMAYO
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Upgrade

I have 2006 with the LT1 audio package (non-Bose) speakers.

I would like to either upgrade to the GPS navigation stock system or the Pioneer AVIC-Z2.

From what I understand, the stock upgrade would involve a speaker change and/or wire harness change. Does the AVIC-Z2 system require same changes to the wire harness any one know?

Thanks,
~Eric
Old 05-31-2007, 10:26 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by EJMAYO
I have 2006 with the LT1 audio package (non-Bose) speakers.

I would like to either upgrade to the GPS navigation stock system or the Pioneer AVIC-Z2.

From what I understand, the stock upgrade would involve a speaker change and/or wire harness change. Does the AVIC-Z2 system require same changes to the wire harness any one know?

Thanks,
~Eric
I think it's correct the stock upgrade would require a change out because as I understand it the stock system requires Bose.

You could put in the AVIC without changing the rest. Do a search on AVIC D3 in this section. It's a far more common swap around here than the Z2, but the principle remains the same. The Peripheral GMCO module should be what you need. There's some mixed reports of the functionality, but since I haven't hooked one up myself I can't say for sure whether that's due to an installation problem something with the GMCO.

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 nav into a 2006

Quick Reply: 2005 nav into a 2006