C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Installed Eklers 3 point seat belts

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:20 PM
OCS1667
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Installed Eklers 3 point seat belts

Well I did it and it looks factory, if I say so myself. All the talk about the mfgs of these products and suppliers being poor is right on. They are at best on a scale from one to ten somewhere between a 1-5. I would say an easy 30% of every thing I have purchased from them had to be reworked to use, returned, because of shipping mistakes, and or not received. When you call and notify the customer service they do their best to correct the problem or assist in what needs to be done if they can. The Mgt. I would be like to know if they meet with these people and try to solve the problems.

Had to vent this.

Back to the seat belts, I have a roadster and the pics or the instructions are for a coupe. With the top down you can't mount it where it's shown. I called the mfg. as there was info. on them in the litterature in the box. He admitted that was a problem and sent me two straps. I was told to extend the retractor with these straps to the mounting points used for the coupe. You want to talk about micky mouse. I removed the rear wheels and found a point that I could mount the retractor and not effect the top and also have it work correctly. I bent the two straps at a off set 90 deg. and welded the short leg onto the bottom of the frame, close to the the mounting point for the schocks, the other leg fit right against the body. I made a small hole, cut the carpet, and then drilled through the body. Bolted the retractor on to the mount and it worked great.

I took pics of the event and will share with any one interested.
Dennis
Old 04-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Glenn's 67 BB Vert
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear the parts arn't up to Corvette standards--would love to see the pic's as i plan?? to put them in my car (also a vert) in the future when i get the old girl back togeather--thanks for the info --maybe they (ecklers) will have it sorted out by then??--Glenn
Old 04-26-2007, 09:17 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

OCS1667,

Thanks for your offer on the pics! Sorry for your parts quality issues!

Appreciate your e-mailing your pics on this install to:

jkaram@wideopenwest.com

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jim
Old 04-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Dennis,
I am going to attempt that job next week when my 1967 comes out of storage. My car is a coupe and I had hoped to use the factory mounts shown in the pic. There seems to be a lot of webbing in the retractor so I hope this is feasible without additional straps/extensions.

What is strange about the pics in the instructions is that they show a roadster so someone messed up big time. I will not comment on the poor quality of the pics or the spelling errors....simply unacceptable.

I would like to see the pics.

platour@rogers.com

Last edited by Paul L; 04-27-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Tom E.
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Recent 3-point installation:

Inside wheel well-support plate wedged into frame:

Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 AM
67-427ci
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

These are Ecklers 3-point seat belts installed in my 67 Coupe using the factory mount. I like it better than the method outlined in the instructions.
Roy

Old 04-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Thanks Roy. I hope the job is going to be that simple for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed Eklers 3 point seat belts

Quick Reply: Installed Eklers 3 point seat belts