Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Vette Ed
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Default vendors at CI-8

What vendors are going to be at CI-8? Any tuners?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:49 PM
JayMack
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09
NCM Lifetime Member

Old 04-17-2007, 08:10 AM
vermjpv
Now a CTS-V Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 5-6-7 & 9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Won't be many, I guess most of them don't think there's enough attendance to make it worthwhile!!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Originally Posted by vermjpv
Won't be many, I guess most of them don't think there's enough attendance to make it worthwhile!!
There weren't many last year. Once guy did fixed headlight replacements for C5's. It's kind of sad more don't come, since I expect we have close to 500 people this year.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:14 PM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08 & '12

DTE was there last year, I think they will be again this year. They don't do any installs there though.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:32 PM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We attended every-single C5/C6 type gathering there was last year at the NCM, including those from the C.F. and Z06Vette.com (5 shows total there) and we were the only tuner that attended them all, according to the NCM staff.

What we found interesting at last year's C.F. Cruise In was that out of all the people that said on these boards, PM's and via emails that they would come by to see us at our booths, wanted to purchase our products, etc., only about a handful of folks out of a few hundred people actually took the time to do so...... Everyone always asks, "why don't more tuners come to these events and support us"? Well, it's because of that type of spotty/no-show attendance that does not attract old tuners to come back or new tuners to even show up for the first time. We held 10%-15% off specials while we were there, based on what everyone stated they wanted if we attended those shows and even after giving everyone what they wanted when asked, there was *NOT ONE* person who took advantage of that sale- nor even asked about it...at all and it was anounced over the loud speaker multiple times all weekend!

It's very expensive to attend these shows if the tuner/vendor wants to does it professionally with a nice display- $2500+ for a 3-5 day event typically, being away from the shop and losing 3-5 days productivity, travel expenses for 2-3 employees, etc. etc. etc. We spent over $23,000 last year alone on shows at the NCM, Detroit and PRI. It's not as easy as just simply getting in your car and driving there like most folks think.

We did have a successful last-year at the shows however, because we were persistant with it and didn't give up. The business we landed from those shows made it worth the trip to attend, but no profit was really made, only a break-even point was reached at best when it was all said and done; but at least we made new friends in the Corvette Community with face-to-face interaction and the folks that did come by to visit with us, are now some of our best return customers we have.

If folks want more tuners/vendors there, than they have to take the time to make it worth the tuners' expenses to attend. Just saying, "we want you there" and then not giving the vendor any business or even bothering to even come by the booths to speak with them, most certainly won't bring them back....at all.

Just a little insight from a tuner/vendor that does indeed attend all of the pertinanat shows we can fit into our schedule....

Phil
Old 04-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Ego-Trip
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran

I certainly see where you are coming from Phil. Yes, it would indeed be nice to see more tuners/vendors at these events but I understand where it has to make sense from a business standpoint for you to do so.

I think certain vendors that have products on hand (waxes, floor mats, t-shirts, etc) can do well at these events but the tuners such as yourself are at a competetive disadvantage. I think most people want to walk away with something "in hand" and obviously thats not something you can provide.

I would "think" that just seeing you at these events would pay off in the long run because we all know that getting your name/reputation out there is VERY important. I think the Museum does a very poor job of helping you guys out since they kind of tuck you way back in the back lot of the Museum but maybe thats the best they can do right now.

We'd all love to see you there Phil but I understand if it doesnt make sense from a financial and logistical standpoint.

--Joe
Old 04-18-2007, 12:27 PM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

We'll be attending the C5/C6 Birthday Bash at the NCM in a week or so, so we'll see how that goes first, before we make any other commitments to go back for the rest of the year.

I do know that the NCM is changing it's vendor/tuner display format this year, compared to years' past- in that they are now putting us way out in the grass next to the hill, (farther from the main group) because they want more parking area for the attendees. Our old positions that we've had in previous years in the side parking lot will no longer be given to tuners/vendors, unless they show up with a huge rig that can't be put into the grass because of size/weight. Hope it doesn't rain.......

As far as we're aware via a mass-letter the NCM sent last October to all the tuners/vendors that have recently attended, they don't intend on inviting "new" tuners/vendors for this year due to the new format, but the invitation still stands to those vendors/tuners that have participated in the NCM Events last year if they want to come. We're not sure if we're wanted there or not, so we'll give this show a try to see how it goes I guess.

It's a bizarre deal.....

BTW- Thanks for coming to see us there last year Joe!

Phil
Old 04-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

PM sent Phil....

Adam
Old 04-18-2007, 07:18 PM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Thanks Adam, we'll see you in a week or so.

Phil
Old 04-19-2007, 07:38 PM
ptdrummer54
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07
NCM Ambassador

we should do a swap meet - a lot of us have little things we could bring.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Vette Ed
Le Mans Master

CI 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Originally Posted by ptdrummer54
we should do a swap meet - a lot of us have little things we could bring.

great idea
Old 04-20-2007, 11:12 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by DynoTech Engineering
We attended every-single C5/C6 type gathering there was last year at the NCM, including those from the C.F. and Z06Vette.com (5 shows total there) and we were the only tuner that attended them all, according to the NCM staff.

What we found interesting at last year's C.F. Cruise In was that out of all the people that said on these boards, PM's and via emails that they would come by to see us at our booths, wanted to purchase our products, etc., only about a handful of folks out of a few hundred people actually took the time to do so...... Everyone always asks, "why don't more tuners come to these events and support us"? Well, it's because of that type of spotty/no-show attendance that does not attract old tuners to come back or new tuners to even show up for the first time. We held 10%-15% off specials while we were there, based on what everyone stated they wanted if we attended those shows and even after giving everyone what they wanted when asked, there was *NOT ONE* person who took advantage of that sale- nor even asked about it...at all and it was anounced over the loud speaker multiple times all weekend!

It's very expensive to attend these shows if the tuner/vendor wants to does it professionally with a nice display- $2500+ for a 3-5 day event typically, being away from the shop and losing 3-5 days productivity, travel expenses for 2-3 employees, etc. etc. etc. We spent over $23,000 last year alone on shows at the NCM, Detroit and PRI. It's not as easy as just simply getting in your car and driving there like most folks think.

We did have a successful last-year at the shows however, because we were persistant with it and didn't give up. The business we landed from those shows made it worth the trip to attend, but no profit was really made, only a break-even point was reached at best when it was all said and done; but at least we made new friends in the Corvette Community with face-to-face interaction and the folks that did come by to visit with us, are now some of our best return customers we have.

If folks want more tuners/vendors there, than they have to take the time to make it worth the tuners' expenses to attend. Just saying, "we want you there" and then not giving the vendor any business or even bothering to even come by the booths to speak with them, most certainly won't bring them back....at all.

Just a little insight from a tuner/vendor that does indeed attend all of the pertinanat shows we can fit into our schedule....

Phil

Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I agree with you as well Phil. Hopefully some of the smaller vendors will respond as well.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:18 PM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

We'll just see how it goes this year first, before we make any decisons for the future. Adam and Co. have always been good to us in the past and have been pleasant to work with so far, so we'll just let them do their jobs as they always do and we'll go from there.

Phil
Old 04-25-2007, 09:16 PM
snide
Team Owner

Received 172 Likes on 74 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by DynoTech Engineering
We'll just see how it goes this year first, before we make any decisons for the future. Adam and Co. have always been good to us in the past and have been pleasant to work with so far, so we'll just let them do their jobs as they always do and we'll go from there.

Phil
PM sent. I need some tuning done...

Old 04-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Hey Phil,
I did say hi and chat for a while...............but bought nothing due to the car not being apart yet to see if I needed anything

Get notified of new replies

To vendors at CI-8

Old 04-26-2007, 12:10 PM
KLO
Safety Car

I plan to be there as the Zaino vendor.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:40 PM
JayMack
Burning Brakes

CI 8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by KLO
I plan to be there as the Zaino vendor.

I asked Adam about you yesterday.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:10 PM
jparr
Drifting

CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

Phil it was nice to see you at the NCM .. Even thu im only about 45 minutes from your shop and could see you daily if i wanted too ... But its nice to see your point too and it does make alot of sense , im jus lucky i have DTE , EPP , LPE , RPM trans.. etc.. close to me .. JAY

Quick Reply: vendors at CI-8