Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino Clear Seal

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 03:34 PM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Zaino Clear Seal

What a great product!!!
I love this stuff.
With it's ease of application I find myself giving my vehicles a coat after a wash.
A five minute wipe on and walk away with amazing results.
Nothing is easier and did I mention the result is just stunning.
Guess I'll have a lot of layers of ZCS on the vehicles.
The bottle level doesn't even seem to be going down too much too.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:22 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still learning to use this stuff.
Tried it twice and had some streaking, I suspect because I used it right after a Z5P application each time, with or without Zfx.

Have you been using it alone, or after Z2 or Z5 application? Any tips on your success? Are you using Z8 on top of it ?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:13 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been using CS for a while and don't have any issues with streaking. I usually apply it right after Z2/5pro. I always do a Z6 wipedown before applying CS. 1 spritz on the clean zaino app and one spritz on each panel or half the hood in a sweeping motion. Work it in by going over the area 3-4 times to level out any high spots. So far I have used it with temps 50-70° and humidity was on the lower side. In those temps Most of CS will should dry in 15-20 mins, any remaining high spots could take up to 30 mins.

Always apply Z8 after CS and never before.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:39 AM
steve8
Race Director

Received 941 Likes on 465 Posts

Looking forward to trying mine later this week and will report results.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:23 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,611 Likes on 2,176 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I've used the CS on 3 vehicles and I'm still not convinced it's an improvement over Z2 Pro as far as shine. I don't like having to wait to apply Z8 so I can be done with the vehicle. I have noticed some streaking in some areas after more than an hour. Grant it, it was 55 degrees but low humidity. Maybe it will take me a while to get used to how much to use. My other compaint is that on light colors it's almost impossible to see where you have applied it. I find myself overlapping so much so as not to miss areas it ends up not really saving effort.

Love the entire Zaino line but I am withholding judgement on the CS.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:31 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Yes, I love this stuff also. There is no excuse to not have a "real good" coat of polish on your car now. An extra 5 minutes after a wash and its like I just applied another coat of polish.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:57 PM
2007Z06VIC/RED
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thought it sucked

i tried it this weekend and think it sucks took it off. other zaino products are good but they went to far with this one.it does not work like the instructions say.if you buying zaino buy the polish buy the clay bar and maybe the detail spray. other then those items the rest suck ,waste of money.im send the bottle i bought back for a refund .
Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by 2007Z06VIC/RED
i tried it this weekend and think it sucks took it off. other zaino products are good but they went to far with this one.it does not work like the instructions say.if you buying zaino buy the polish buy the clay bar and maybe the detail spray. other then those items the rest suck ,waste of money.im send the bottle i bought back for a refund .
Sounds like you did something wrong. What didn't you like? Was the car still wet or did you pull moisture out of the cracks when applying CS? Let us know what went wrong and maybe we can help you make it work how it is supposed to.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by agentf1
Sounds like you did something wrong. What didn't you like? Was the car still wet or did you pull moisture out of the cracks when applying CS? Let us know what went wrong and maybe we can help you make it work how it is supposed to.

Let us know how you applied it and exactly what you did not like about it.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:54 PM
paid4c4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered CS and the other new product azo?. Can't wait to try them. I've been using Zaino for years on our show cars 59 ford convertible and a 2003 Corvette 50th anniversary vert. I show 30-50 shows a year with 59 and haven't lost a show since I started using Zaino.
Bill
Old 04-16-2007, 01:56 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gmblack3
Been using CS for a while and don't have any issues with streaking. I usually apply it right after Z2/5pro. I always do a Z6 wipedown before applying CS. 1 spritz on the clean zaino app and one spritz on each panel or half the hood in a sweeping motion. Work it in by going over the area 3-4 times to level out any high spots. So far I have used it with temps 50-70° and humidity was on the lower side. In those temps Most of CS will should dry in 15-20 mins, any remaining high spots could take up to 30 mins.

Always apply Z8 after CS and never before.
Hey -- that helps a lot -- thanks for the advice, my friend
Will give it another try next weekend.

I do have to say though - that Clear seal has a very big disadvantage to start with. Since I'm 100% happy with the look of Z5P/Zfx especially with Z8, I really don't see any room for improvement in appearance. For now I'm thinking that there isn't any improvement, but that I might extend my durability by using CS.

It's kind of hard to improve when you're starting with 100% as your baseline. And I really can't see anything pulling me away from my old routine of Z5P/Zfx - you'll pry it from my cold dead hands, along with my S/W 9 mm...

hee hee

Last edited by bugman; 04-16-2007 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:16 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

90% plus prep and Zaino is hard to improve, but Z-CS (polymer fans stop reading now- it gives as good a 'look' as a polymer with a Carnauba wax as it's LSP)

Zaino Clear Seal Clear Seal Application:
Like all Zaino products I cannot emphasise enough. ‘Apply products very sparingly’
Z-CS is a self curing optically clear sealer and is in my opinion; one of the most innovative products and a watershed moment in automotive detailing products thus far
•Use the new Zaino cotton applicator that comes with your Z-CS order.
•Mist the applicator once or twice lightly
•Lightly mist the centre of the panel
•Work into the panel with 5-6 passes per section using back and forth motions (in direction of air flow)
•Use very light pressure, gliding the applicator over the panel
•Z-CS Clear Seal dries clean and ‘optically clear’ in approx.15 - 30 minutes (65° F - 21°C) and typically 2 – 6 hours to cross-link depending on atmospheric conditions.
•Once Z-CS is thoroughly dry use Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal
Old 04-16-2007, 10:04 AM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bugman
I'm still learning to use this stuff.
Tried it twice and had some streaking, I suspect because I used it right after a Z5P application each time, with or without Zfx.

Have you been using it alone, or after Z2 or Z5 application? Any tips on your success? Are you using Z8 on top of it ?

Initially I went with ZAIO,then Z2,then ZCS.

Now I just wash my vehicles and followup with ZCS.
Never had a streak problem and I probably use more than necessary.
I guess because my DD's are white and silver,maybe streaks can't be seen?
I've never seen a streak when dry and I've looked for streaks by looking at the paint on an angle or striaght up.

Now when all this rain over,I'll wipe the rain water off (I haven't driven one of the vehicles in rain) and follow with Z6 detailer and then give it the 5 minute ZCS treatment.
Overkill maybe but so easy to do.
I've also applied the ZCS in low 40 degree temps with no issues.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,774 Likes on 973 Posts

I put Z-CS on a car I washed and clayed with nothing else on it, my Escalade has many Z-CS applications with nothing except Z-PC as a base coat from the buffer, you don't mind "waxing" it with Z-CS because it only tyakes 10 minutes to do. I did see a difference on my Jag using Z-CS, it had several coats of Z-5/ZFX, the Z-CS made it wetter and look darker.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I used the Z CS as the final step of the Zaino process. (All the "Z's"... )

I am one to "overdo" so I made double sure I used it "sparingly". I was tempted to "give it another spray" but I resisted. I am so glad I did. The shine and wet look are STUNNING!!!

No streaks or spots. I think you are using too much (or the car is not dry) if you are experiencing streaking. This was on a black car too.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 AM
cadguymark
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Victory Red 07 coupe with 1400 miles, and needed to clean it for the first time after taking Museum delivery mid March, only driven on sunny dry days. Washed it on Saturday with Z7, drove it. Washed it again on Sunday with Z7, dried it, then applied AIO, wiped off residue, then applied CS. AIO works as advertised, not sure how to evaluate since I never used previous Zaino products. I will say this, it was simple & quick. Looks great. My plan is to maintain it with Z6 on it from now on, AIO & CS again in the fall.

Being a Zaino newbie, does this sound like a good plan for someone who wants it to look nice, but doesn't have the time for numerous coats of Z2 or 5?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cadguymark
I have a Victory Red 07 coupe with 1400 miles, and needed to clean it for the first time after taking Museum delivery mid March, only driven on sunny dry days. Washed it on Saturday with Z7, drove it. Washed it again on Sunday with Z7, dried it, then applied AIO, wiped off residue, then applied CS. AIO works as advertised, not sure how to evaluate since I never used previous Zaino products. I will say this, it was simple & quick. Looks great. My plan is to maintain it with Z6 on it from now on, AIO & CS again in the fall.

Being a Zaino newbie, does this sound like a good plan for someone who wants it to look nice, but doesn't have the time for numerous coats of Z2 or 5?
Sounds like to me your plan will work fine.

You could always apply a coat of Z2/5pro after the ZAIO and before the CS if you like.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino Clear Seal

Old 04-24-2007, 03:05 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Update -
did my C6 last weekend. Got 3 coats of CS on, and my technique is improved. If you really put your nose on it, there might still be a couple places where there was kind of a "microscopic" smear. But even if it looked smeared after application - after 1 or even two hours, it just continued to improve.

I am impressed, I'd have to say
  1. End result on par with Z8 - fantastic gloss and depth!
  2. DEFINITELY BIG layering effect - good after one coat, showcar result after 3 coats

I didn't try to top it yet with Z8, because I wanted a feel for how it looked alone. Very impressive. But does have a small learning curve - like all Zaino stuff, because Z is so different from standard waxes that we're used to.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,611 Likes on 2,176 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by bugman
Update -
did my C6 last weekend. Got 3 coats of CS on, and my technique is improved. If you really put your nose on it, there might still be a couple places where there was kind of a "microscopic" smear. But even if it looked smeared after application - after 1 or even two hours, it just continued to improve.

I am impressed, I'd have to say
  1. End result on par with Z8 - fantastic gloss and depth!
  2. DEFINITELY BIG layering effect - good after one coat, showcar result after 3 coats

I didn't try to top it yet with Z8, because I wanted a feel for how it looked alone. Very impressive. But does have a small learning curve - like all Zaino stuff, because Z is so different from standard waxes that we're used to.

Thanks for your update. I haven't given up on CS yet. It's probably my error that's causing the streaking. I am going to try using less. I think I am a bit on the impatient side and like to do a car and then finish with Z8 right away. I find myself standing there waiting for the streaks to go away. Maybe I'll go have a beer after I put the CS on.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:09 AM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by capevettes
Thanks for your update. I haven't given up on CS yet. It's probably my error that's causing the streaking. I am going to try using less. I think I am a bit on the impatient side and like to do a car and then finish with Z8 right away. I find myself standing there waiting for the streaks to go away. Maybe I'll go have a beer after I put the CS on.
After applying CS to your paint, glass and trim. Apply some Z16 to your tires or whatever you use. Heck apply some CS to your wheels while you are at it. By the time you are done the CS will be dry and ready for Z8.

Quick Reply: Zaino Clear Seal