Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Painrace Z06 gets some company - Andy's Z06 arrives at Katech

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Default Painrace Z06 gets some company - Andy's Z06 arrives at Katech

Don't worry Jim. She'll have some company at night now.

Andy your car is safe and sound @ Katech.

Frenchian's Z06 is on the way to join the gang also.

...plus a little surprise addition to the party. ...Stay tuned.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 04-04-2007, 01:23 PM
CoronaL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that mop and bucket in the corner. Is that to mop up all the drool and or other bodily fluids that get on the floor after looking at these beauties
Old 04-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Smart move Andy!

Jason,

Won't be long before we see yours in there!

Mike
Old 04-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

We are a family! Now I can sleep at night knowing mine has company. Is there any way you can get a photo of all three together in various stages?

I think when mine gets back to South Carolina and those here who are calling, emailing etc get to see it Katech is going to get a lot more business. We have several blown and turbo C5 around and several of those guys are very interested. I think I have already sold a freind of mine in Greer, SC.

Remember Jason, spin the tires on the RED cars the most on the test drive. I know what they say about the break in of the transmision and rear end so just keep it out a extra day and try it out for real.

Jim
Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Painrace
We are a family! Now I can sleep at night knowing mine has company. Is there any way you can get a photo of all three together in various stages?

I think when mine gets back to South Carolina and those here who are calling, emailing etc get to see it Katech is going to get a lot more business. We have several blown and turbo C5 around and several of those guys are very interested. I think I have already sold a freind of mine in Greer, SC.

Remember Jason, spin the tires on the RED cars the most on the test drive. I know what they say about the break in of the transmision and rear end so just keep it out a extra day and try it out for real.

Jim
I'll try to get a pic all together. Its difficult at the moment. I have a C5 on the hoist now and several other cars in the middle of the shop. They are installing another hoist this week and after that it should look a lot better for pictures.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Katech
Don't worry Jim. She'll have some company at night now.

Andy your car is safe and sound @ Katech.

Frenchian's Z06 is on the way to join the gang also.

...plus a little surprise addition to the party. ...Stay tuned.
C'mon Jason, Ya big tease...
I bet it's that "Bob" guy from the Enzyte commercials, picking up his car and then tossing his little pills in the dumpster.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Frenchican
C'mon Jason, Ya big tease...
I bet it's that "Bob" guy from the Enzyte commercials, picking up his car and then tossing his little pills in the dumpster.
Here is my little secret.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1669243
Old 05-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Katech_Zach

Old 05-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Andy, do you know you have some parts missing? It is looking good!

Jim
Old 05-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Hi baby... Daddy misses you.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Painrace
Andy, do you know you have some parts missing? It is looking good!

Jim
Hey Andy, Don't ya just hate looking at your car with missing pieces? Good thing is it won't be that way for long.
If Jim hasn't gotten to you like he has me, you'll be fine.

Are you picking up your beast or shipping it home?

-Tommy
Old 05-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Katech_Zach

Hey Andy, Don't ya just hate looking at your car with missing pieces? Good thing is it won't be that way for long.
If Jim hasn't gotten to you like he has me, you'll be fine.

Are you picking up your beast or shipping it home?

-Tommy

Shipping home.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:20 PM
A427MAN
Pro

WOW! ...you guys even have a color coordinated lift and tool chests for the LMB!
Where's the one for the VR?

Last edited by A427MAN; 05-03-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by A427MAN
WOW! ...you guys even have a color coordinated lift and tool chests for the LMB!
Where's the one for the VR?

I think they painted it red when they lifted mine. Those Katech guys thing of everything!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:49 PM
jimmy j
Racer

painrace, When you went with Katech,street attack. Were you 1000% sure you were doing the right thing?The reason I ask is I respect your advice. Your warranty went out the window I assume on the engine? I owned a few vetts never any problems engine wise so no big deal. Horsepower,torque are key to street and track fun. So as far as taking it out every weekend. To fullfill the joy of real street junkies. Your happy with your choice, Money and reliability wise? Thanks for your advice
Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jimmy j
painrace, When you went with Katech,street attack. Were you 1000% sure you were doing the right thing?The reason I ask is I respect your advice. Your warranty went out the window I assume on the engine? I owned a few vetts never any problems engine wise so no big deal. Horsepower,torque are key to street and track fun. So as far as taking it out every weekend. To fullfill the joy of real street junkies. Your happy with your choice, Money and reliability wise? Thanks for your advice
1000% sure? I am not sure I have ever been 10% sure. However, I learned a long time a go to make decisions and never look back, just make your decisions work. Katech was an easy choice.

I checked with a lot of guys inside GM. I lived in Detroit for three plus years (Grosse Ile) so I knew even more people. My daughter lives in Detroit and she and her husband know even more people. I also knew that I did not just want some motor upgrades. I wanted the drive train and clutch upgrades and I knew how well the Ron Davis radiator works. The Katech guys know their stuff. Jason knows his stuff and he and Katech will do what ever you want in terms of options. The won't compromize on quality! That is what I wanted. It was never their way, it was my way and what ever I wanted. You don't get that many places anymore. They found a couple of parts they were not comfortable with and put new in. That is what I wanted, the best, no questions asked. I think that is what I got. I have only had the car back for almost two weeks and I would do it again in a minute. The only question I had was would my wife accept the exhaust. She LIKES it !! She keeps fooling me.

I just cannot say enough about how good Jason and Katech treated me and how the car looks. When the hood opens people flock around to see it. At WOT the motor screems like a sewing machine and the gears come fast. The Katech upgrades are not for the faint of heart. If you don't have the ***** to use it I would not do it. However, if you want all out performance in a Corvette I strongly recommend Katech. Let Jason guide you.

Man, this is a long post but you asked for it. I like having the best, working with the best and winning. My racing days are over but that does not mean I still can't have the best and I think that is what I now have from Katech.

Torque is what I think wins races and Katech puts a ton of torque in (I am not a drag racer). If the motor pops, hey, I know a GREAT place in Michigan to get a new one. Since I drive the car every day I will watch the valve spring tention and replace when needed.

O yes, I am waiting on Jim Hall's Killer Bee air intake to be delivered!

I hope this answers all your questions.

Jim

Last edited by Painrace; 05-03-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: I want to add a comment
Old 05-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Hey Jimmy,
Not wanting to sound like a 'ditto' guy here or pump up Katech just because I'm getting one... But, when I found out that Katech is ISO9001 certified, it truly gave me piece of mind.

I buy extended warranties on everything I can. Because I hate paying for stuff that breaks after I buy them. To me, the ISO cert is just as good, if not better than a warranty. Very few manufacturers and especially service companies reach that status of certification.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_900...ormal_language

When it came to choosing a new replacment engine, I, like Painrace, checked out lots of builders and tuners. Obviously, I chose Katech.

Get notified of new replies

To Painrace Z06 gets some company - Andy's Z06 arrives at Katech

Old 05-04-2007, 04:50 AM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey Jimmy,
Not wanting to sound like a 'ditto' guy here or pump up Katech just because I'm getting one... But, when I found out that Katech is ISO9001 certified, it truly gave me piece of mind.

I buy extended warranties on everything I can. Because I hate paying for stuff that breaks after I buy them. To me, the ISO cert is just as good, if not better than a warranty. Very few manufacturers and especially service companies reach that status of certification.

When it came to choosing a new replacment engine, I, like Painrace, checked out lots of builders and tuners. Obviously, I chose Katech.
Checked out the link. That sounds impressive.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey Jimmy,

I think everything you say about ISO can be true. My problem with it is a lot of companies get ISO certified and then forget it and they become very sloppy thinking they are "OK" because they are ISO certified! I do not believe this is the case with Katech. I think they are using it as it was ment to be used not as a crutch or advertisement to get business. I state again, I AM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH KATECH AND JASON HARDING!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:54 PM
jimmy j
Racer

Thank you both for the advice. I grew up in Saginaw Michigan then moved to hotter weather. I asked the questions becouse I will spend the money on quality work. But now a days who can be relible? Jason seems to get a lot of praise from his customers. seems rare today! Looks like they will be my choice. P.S Thank you again for your honesty.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Painrace Z06 gets some company - Andy's Z06 arrives at Katech