C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chuck, corvettes of westchester Tune or LGMotorsport

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Stingray55
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chuck, corvettes of westchester Tune or LGMotorsport

I'm considering sending my ECU out for a tune. Would like to know if any forum members had theirs tuned this way, and how were the results?
Current mods are: Vararam,LG long tubes, 160 thermostat,borla stingers,and 4:10 gears.

Would like opinions please. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:31 PM
jaxgator
Le Mans Master

Location: Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Stingray55
I'm considering sending my ECU out for a tune. Would like to know if any forum members had theirs tuned this way, and how were the results?
Current mods are: Vararam,LG long tubes, 160 thermostat,borla stingers,and 4:10 gears.

Would like opinions please. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:03 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I have had mine tuned twice. Once by J Hall which was an e-mail tune. Then had it retuned by Chuck at COW. Somewhere in the forum is a thread I started about COW WOW. Chucks tune completely changed the character of the car. It went from a very fast but not particularly fast shifting auto to a BEAST. I highly recommend Chuck. Call him and talk to him so he can get a good idea what you want. When you get the ECU and TCU back and installed, you will wonder why you waited so long. Best $350 in mods you can do.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:41 PM
snappy28
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

When is Chuck do back from China? I just ordered an HP Tuner and want to email him my current tune.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:29 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default I'll make you a deal.....

Originally Posted by CK 6
I'd like to know also. What exactly is the gain or advantage to having a tune done by COW? What will I really notice besides a lighter wallet?

Hey man, I'll make you a deal.... If my tune dosen't make your vette feel 1000 Lbs lighter...I'll put it back to stock totally for free...including the shipping.....

I guarantee you'll love it.
Chuck CoW
Old 03-31-2007, 01:32 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Hey man...I'm back....

Originally Posted by snappy28
When is Chuck do back from China? I just ordered an HP Tuner and want to email him my current tune.

Hey man....I'm back....

I'm really sorry, but I stopped doing tunes for guys with their own cables...Too many guys burned me...

Unfortunately, they ruined it for everyone....

Chuck CoW
Old 03-31-2007, 01:52 AM
snappy28
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Hey man....I'm back....

I'm really sorry, but I stopped doing tunes for guys with their own cables...Too many guys burned me...

Unfortunately, they ruined it for everyone....

Chuck CoW
I guess I will look elsewhere then. I can't have my PCM locked.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:37 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Call me at the shop.....

Originally Posted by CK 6
I'm on the list for you to do the tune if you come to St Augustine. I was just wondering what difference I'd notice. Please no offense intended. Hope to see you in June.
Call me at the shop and I can answer any of your questions, but...for starters....Throttle response will improve, acceleration will improve most especially from the nice increase in low end torque....Obviously, you will feel gains across the board, but you will particularly notice the SOTP feel that the car never had before......

See, fact is that you and GM play tug of war every time you touch the throttle.....You push it down (so you think..) and the General pushes it back.....additionally, if that's not enough....if the General thinks you're having too much fun...(usually hardly any....) he begins removing spark timing which is a slick way to dog the motor without you feeling like you've been robbed....

In my tune, all of these tug of war games are ended and with your new low temp stat and your promise to use the best octane available...We can have some fun.....

See, GM assumes the worst case...High temps and the worst octane....so, they tune the engine to survive under the worst conditions........

All of my tunes require a low temp stat and you promise me and cross your heart and hope to die that you will always use the best octane fuel available....and Wha Lah... You're driving a hot rod like you never imagined.....

There's a lot more to it than that...but, that's the skinny....For anyone who needs to know more....Please feel free to call me any time in the shop.....(late evening/nights are ok.. )

STAY TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Old 03-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Here is an old thread that describes the transformation that Chucks tune gave my otherwise stock (at the time) c6.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1495208

Today, my mods are about the same as you, (4.10s, Vararam, GHL catback, 160 stat, Tune). This car is nothing short of amazing in performance. Id like to say it was my talent and knowledge that made it this fast and strong, but it was Chuck's advice and shop that transformed it.

He turned this car to a sales tool...I had 3 close friends drive or race it... one with a Carrera S, one with a Ferrari, one with an AMG...all three now bought and buying Vettes
Old 03-31-2007, 10:46 AM
BADA BING
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck my question is what type of hp gains will be noticed? Also would this be any comparison to a dyno tune? Would it be the same or should I just come up and do a dyno tune? I live in PA and wouldnt take me to long to get there.

Right now I have bullets, vararam, I am thinking on headers havent decided yet, and if I get the tune I obviously need the stat.

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-31-2007, 12:52 PM
veni vidi vert
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Chuck. When you gonna be down south again?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:02 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Not sure....

Originally Posted by mainagent
Hey Chuck. When you gonna be down south again?

Hey man..... I'm not sure, but if you can generate some interest, I'll come.....

We were thinking about an event @ or with VARARAM! Somewhere in their area....

Do me a favor and see what kinda interest we got down south...

Chuck CoW
Old 04-01-2007, 11:36 AM
KENZ51
Drifting

Hey man..... I'm not sure, but if you can generate some interest, I'll come.....

Chuck CoW
Oh,Theres intrerest!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Roughneck
Heel & Toe

Houston, Texas definitely has an interest!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:08 PM
KGB6
Instructor

Chuck CoW
I'm interested and in Dallas.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 PM
mykal
Racer

Austin here, and I'm interested...
Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Tell ya what......

Originally Posted by mykal
Austin here, and I'm interested...

Tell ya what..... PM the guy that started this thread and have him either start a new one.....or one of you guys start a new thread and make the first post a sign up list.....This way everyone who views it see the list growing as people sign up....

That's the best way..... Once the list has a few names on it, we'll pick a date and I'll commit.... Works every time...

Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Chuck, corvettes of westchester Tune or LGMotorsport

Old 04-02-2007, 10:52 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Here are actual dyno and A/F graphs of my mail order tune from LG Motorsports.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1664812

The tune cost me $250.00 because I have LG Pro long tube headers.

As with any mail order tune, it is unlikely that it will be as good as a meticulous dyno tune and road tune by a good tuner. That said, this one from LG Motorsports appears to be close based upon the mods on the car I figure there are only a few more ponies, perhaps 5 to 7 more peak horsepower, to be had out of my combo.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 04-02-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:32 PM
veni vidi vert
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KENZ51
Oh,Theres intrerest!
I'm in DFW and would gladly travel to Austin or Houston.. for a chuckster tune.
He's one of the only guys that I've heard can manage the TQ mgt a bit..

Does anyone know they have enough interest in an area to get Chuck down here? I'll tune in to the SW section and stay tuned..
Old 04-03-2007, 12:08 AM
KMK454
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Call me at the shop and I can answer any of your questions, but...for starters....Throttle response will improve, acceleration will improve most especially from the nice increase in low end torque....Obviously, you will feel gains across the board, but you will particularly notice the SOTP feel that the car never had before......

See, fact is that you and GM play tug of war every time you touch the throttle.....You push it down (so you think..) and the General pushes it back.....additionally, if that's not enough....if the General thinks you're having too much fun...(usually hardly any....) he begins removing spark timing which is a slick way to dog the motor without you feeling like you've been robbed....

In my tune, all of these tug of war games are ended and with your new low temp stat and your promise to use the best octane available...We can have some fun.....

See, GM assumes the worst case...High temps and the worst octane....so, they tune the engine to survive under the worst conditions........

All of my tunes require a low temp stat and you promise me and cross your heart and hope to die that you will always use the best octane fuel available....and Wha Lah... You're driving a hot rod like you never imagined.....

There's a lot more to it than that...but, that's the skinny....For anyone who needs to know more....Please feel free to call me any time in the shop.....(late evening/nights are ok.. )

STAY TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Interesting...

So GM has "safety nets" on the timing and basically your tune "awakens" the car by removing these safety nets but adds its own safety nets via the thermostat and guarantee of 93 octane... I'm guessing you also dial out the torque management and sharpen the dampening on the drive-by-wire that is probably coded into the car, right? If so, then your tune makes a lot of sense...

The one thing I'm still wary of is the whole tuning air-fuel ratios and timing for performance without a dyno hookup. Do you adjust timing and afr for an hp boost? Or do you just remove the GM nannies?

On another note, are those coded "safety nets" there for a reason? Long term reliability? I'd love to see the code...

Quick Reply: Chuck, corvettes of westchester Tune or LGMotorsport