Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Do You Have The Fastest Street Car In America! New Tv Show On Speed "quick 8 "

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:04 AM
BRIANBQUICK8TV
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do You Have The Fastest Street Car In America! New Tv Show On Speed "quick 8 "

Thanks for reading my name is Brian Bossone i own a company called E.L.D. performance . Another one of my jobs is casting and co host of a new tv show on Speed tv .we are looking for the fastest street car in america , The new show is called Quick 8 . Quick 8 is part of a group of new shows on Speed tv called Launch hour which is airing july of this year . We need 32+ cars for the show , if you think you have the fastest street car in america or no someone who thinks they do we want you to prove it national tv . I have included links below for contacting me . please read rules before you email or apply for show. Please pass this post around and to any other forums that you may think would be interested in the show .thanks and good luck!!!
http://www.launchhour.tv/quick8.html
http://www.myspace.com/quickeight
http://www.launchhour.tv
brianbossonequick8@gmail.com
Old 03-25-2007, 11:45 AM
boweryboy
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

It was good talking to yesterday. I look foward to particpating in the event.

I sent you all my info...

PS. I gave Paul Major the info as well

Bill
Old 03-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Major Spray
Drifting

Sounds like an awsome idea
Old 03-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Anonymous 1
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Info sent , I definitely won't be the fastest , but I will drive my car to the event . The cruise part should consist of driving on " real " streets like major highways with sustained speeds of 70 + , stop and go city traffic etc . It says in the rules that the cruise will take place on a track ? ?

The first rule should be no trailers allowed , cars must be driven to the event , that would eliminate a few wannabe street cars .
Old 03-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 309 Likes on 139 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I remember you from a Pinks episode...best of luck with the new show...the definition of "street" legal/car is always a source of discussion down this way...

I agree that the cars should be licensed/tagged/insured and be driven to the track..you cannot bar trailers totally if some cars are coming from 1000 miles away but let them unload at the hotel...the pre race cruise is a good idea if it is at least 30 miles and both highway and city street driving with an impound afterwords till racetime...

We have an event down here like this called the "No Bull Nationals"....

p.s. that British guy doesn't stand a chance..lol..we all knew it when that show aired..he he he

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 03-25-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:01 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Welcome to the forum
Old 03-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Originally Posted by STEALTH 99 C5
Info sent , I definitely won't be the fastest , but I will drive my car to the event . The cruise part should consist of driving on " real " streets like major highways with sustained speeds of 70 + , stop and go city traffic etc . It says in the rules that the cruise will take place on a track ? ?

The first rule should be no trailers allowed , cars must be driven to the event , that would eliminate a few wannabe street cars .
Sorry Mike You are going to have to create your own event so you can write rules. They have a killer plan, I spoke to Brian and it looks like I am perfect fit.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is about to get interesting
Old 03-25-2007, 08:39 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Major Spray
Sorry Mike You are going to have to create your own event so you can write rules. They have a killer plan, I spoke to Brian and it looks like I am perfect fit.
Paul , I'll call Brian tomorrow to get more info , I just don't see how driving around on an oval track is going to simulate street driving . We all have different interpretations of what a street car is , you and Bill haven't driven your cars on the street for the last 4 years , you guys both have very fast impressive cars , but saying there street cars is a fU*king joke , both of you guys combined probably haven't put more than 300 miles on your cars since 2002 .

Good luck with your " street car " this year .
Old 03-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Originally Posted by STEALTH 99 C5
Paul , I'll call Brian tomorrow to get more info , I just don't see how driving around on an oval track is going to simulate street driving . We all have different interpretations of what a street car is , you and Bill haven't driven your cars on the street for the last 4 years , you guys both have very fast impressive cars , but saying there street cars is a fU*king joke , both of you guys combined probably haven't put more than 300 miles on your cars since 2002 .

Good luck with your " street car " this year .

Mike

I understand your point and yes I can't use it as my daily commuter but I can drive around town with relibilty. I will be adding a larger fuel cell and a alternator for the event. But thats all I will need to meet the rules. One key thing that you must realize is they want 7 sec to low 8 sec cars. How many daily drivers are going to be up to that challenge.

No disrespect intented but I don't see this one going the way you want. You will see alot of outlaw drag radial cars in the show.

Last edited by Major Spray; 03-25-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 PM
tensecvet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Paul_Z06
This is about to get interesting
Paul,
now this must get you going, You can be a TV STAR. your car would have been perfect.
Mr.Major
you wanna go 200plus mph on a drag radial, and i bet you do that car is the Badest Vette around, but a street car.its hard to agree.If your the perfect fit They got the name wrong(Fastest Street Car in America).but what do i know
Edgar is a street car 99%
Stealth ,is more a street car then Major.but hes almost 2 seconds behind Major
Leo's car could be a street car, why not?
gotta see rules 9.99 or better
my 97 cents Good luck to all.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:51 AM
supercoupe01
Drifting

Originally Posted by BRIANBQUICK8TV
Thanks for reading my name is Brian Bossone i own a company called E.L.D. performance . Another one of my jobs is casting and co host of a new tv show on Speed tv .we are looking for the fastest street car in america , The new show is called Quick 8 . Quick 8 is part of a group of new shows on Speed tv called Launch hour which is airing july of this year . We need 32+ cars for the show , if you think you have the fastest street car in america or no someone who thinks they do we want you to prove it national tv . I have included links below for contacting me . please read rules before you email or apply for show. Please pass this post around and to any other forums that you may think would be interested in the show .thanks and good luck!!!
http://www.launchhour.tv/quick8.html
http://www.myspace.com/quickeight
http://www.launchhour.tv
brianbossonequick8@gmail.com
Hey Brian:

Good luck with the new series. I can't believe your not building something for this event.

Bill
Old 03-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tensecvet
Paul,
now this must get you going, You can be a TV STAR. your car would have been perfect.
Water under the bridge. Anyway, I doubt I could even qualify considering all these heavy hitters joining up. Maybe Leo would lend me his car?
Old 03-26-2007, 11:52 AM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Major Spray
Mike

I understand your point and yes I can't use it as my daily commuter but I can drive around town with relibilty. I will be adding a larger fuel cell and a alternator for the event. But thats all I will need to meet the rules. One key thing that you must realize is they want 7 sec to low 8 sec cars. How many daily drivers are going to be up to that challenge.

No disrespect intented but I don't see this one going the way you want. You will see alot of outlaw drag radial cars in the show.
Paul , If it's 7 and low 8-second cars they want then it's definitely out of my league , and they should rename the event , if cars with 25.2 cages are considered street cars then the 10.5 Outlaw cars should enter this as well . Good luck in the event and this season .
Old 03-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Thanks Here is the info its a little hard to read on the site

INTRODUCING THE HOTTEST NEW SHOW TO HIT SPEED CHANNEL QUICK 8 , QUICK 8 IS A HEADS RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG STRAIGHT UP NO BULL SH#T LEGITIMATE STREET CAR SHOOT OUT . THE SHOW WILL BE ON SPEED CHANNEL INCLUDED ON A NEW GROUP OF SHOWS CALLED LAUNCH HOUR FROM THE GUY WHO BROUGHT YOU PINKS & PINKS ALL OUT RICH CHRISTENSON. THE SHOW CONCEPT IS FROM NATE PRITCHETT THE TECH ADVISOR AND CASTING DIRECTOR OF PINKS , NATE BEING A RACER AT HEART WANTED TO SEE WHO IS THE BIG DOG ON THE STREET .ALONG FOR THIS SHOW WILL BE NATES BROTHER ADAM PRITCHETT AND BRIAN BOSSONE FROM E.L.D. PERFORMANCE AS COHOSTS AND WILL BE CASTING THE SHOW . THERE EMAILS WILL BE BELOW AND THEY WILL BE THE ONES HANDLING THE APPLICATIONS. RULES LISTED BELOW WILL GIVE YOU AN IDEA IF YOU'RE RIDE FALLS INTO THIS SHOWS FORMAT. WE EXPECT ANYWHERE FROM HIGH 7 TO 8 SECOND CARS IN THE MIX SO IF YOU ARE NOT RUNNING THESE NUMBERS IN THE QUARTER MILE PLEASE DO NOT APPLY! LIKE WE SAID WE WANT THE BIG DOGS ON THE STREET. PASS THE WORD AROUND WE NEED 32 + CARS. IF YOU HAVE A CAR THAT FALLS INTO THE FORMAT OF THE SHOW OR KNOW SOMEONE THAT DOES ,HAVE THEM CONTACT US ASAP .WE ARE GOING TO SHOOT A TOTAL OF 5 EPISODES AND THE FINAL EPISODE WILL BE THE FIRST AND SECOND PLACE FINISHERS OF EACH EPISODE RUNNING IT OFF . THE PRIZES ARE STILL IN THE WORKS BUT AT LEAST $2,500 PER EPISODE FOR THE WINNER AND LARGER PAY OUT FOR GRAND PRIZE WINNER. ALSO NOTE WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS, IT IS A MUST SHOW EVENT AND MAY REQUIRE YOU TO STAY AT THE LOCATION OF THE EVENT FOR UP TO A WEEK PLUS. IF YOU CAN'T DO THIS ALSO PLEASE DON'T APPLY !!!

About me:
I edited my profile with Thomas' Myspace Editor V4.4
Who I'd like to meet:
Quick 8 Street Car Tournament This show/event is very simple. I want to know who has the fastest street car. A street car will be defined by a vehicle in compliance with the rules listed below and able to complete a no B.S. cruise led by me in a pace car. The cruise will be held at significant (not outrageous) speed on a closed circuit oval track. The length of the cruise will be determined by me on the fly from behind the wheel of the pace car. Each car will get two qualifying runs before the cruise to determine their position in line for the cruise. If a car breaks down on the cruise they are out of the tournament and the car behind them takes their position on the qualifying ladder. When the cruise is complete the field for the tournament is set. The fastest 8 cars that qualify and complete the cruise compete in a heads up shootout, Hot Lap style, winner take all race. There will be 5 races total. Each race will be its own episode. The top two cars from the first 4 races earn a spot in the 5th and final Championship race. Quick 8 Street Car Rules 1 Cars must weigh a minimum of 3000lbs with driver 2 Cars must retain the stock frame rails (notching for clearence is allowed) 3 Cars must retain the factory Dash and stock apearing interior 4 Cars must retain the factory Glass in all windows 5 Cars must compete on a DOT approved drag radial tire. MT, Goodyear, BFG, and NITTO are all acceptable tires 6 Cars must pass NHRA tech inspection 7 Major engine and or power adder components must not be replaced at any time during the races, qualifying, or cruise. 8 Any front and rear suspension combination is allowed as long the stock frame rails remain in their factory location 9 Interpretation of these rules is ultimately judged by Nate Pritchett and the Quick 8 technical staff. If we do not feel that the car competes within the spirit of a street car you will be eliminated from competition. 10 Cars must be street legal : working headlights , tailights ,blinkers ,etc. 11 All rules subject to change at the discretion of Nate Pritchett FAQ’s Q: Are there any engine size/combination limitations? A: No, this is a run what you brung shootout. Anything goes Q: Will this be televised? A: Yes, SPEED will air these episodes as part of Rich Christensen’s Launch Hour (www.launchhour.tv) this fall in a primetime time slot. Q: How many cars will be accepted for the races? A: We are accepting 32 cars. Q: Who should I contact to get on the show? A: Either Adam Pritchett (senior@shockermotorsports.com) or Brian Bossone with ELD Performance (brianbossonequick8@gmail.com) Q: How many races will there be? A: 5 races/episodes will be filmed Q: Can I compete in multiple episodes? A: Yes, As long as you are not one of the top two in each shootout, you are eligible to compete in as many other races as possible Q: Is there a series champion? A: Yes, the top two racers from each episode automatically qualify to compete in the 5th and final episode to determine the series champion. Q: Is there a payout? A: Absolutely. The winner of the first 4 episodes will receive $2,500 CASH on the spot. Q: Is there a Championship prize? A: Of course there is…details to follow. Q: When will this be filmed? A: June, 2007 tentatively Q: Will I need to take off work to compete in the series? A: Yes, you will need to take a full week of vacation to compete in the entire series Q: Where will you be taping? A: Location undetermined, somewhere on the east coast has been agreed upon. Q: Will we be able to work on the cars after the cruise? A: Yes. Nate Pritchett will determine the amount of time the racers have to prepare their cars for the shootout. Note: Major engine components may not be replaced during this time. For example, If you have a turbo car you may not replace the turbo before the shootout. Any and all repairs must be reported and approved by Nate Pritchett.
Prove the U.S. has the muscle
Lets prove the Tea Drinker wrong and that the fastest street car is in America Damn It!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:57 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Great another show on Speed I cannot watch.

Good luck guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Do You Have The Fastest Street Car In America! New Tv Show On Speed "quick 8 "

Old 03-26-2007, 03:50 PM
DSCHULTZ
Racer

how many real street cars run in the 7s or 8s a hand full aint there enough events for these cars. somebody needs to give us slow guys a shot. 9s or 10s.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 PM
xrcrx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might make for cool racing but "street car"? To me that's a car you drive to the track, can cruise around on a Saturday night, and be reliable enough for the odd commute every now and then. Not liscensed and tagged and trailered, never seeing the street because after about 20 minutes it's to painful/unreliable etc..., to really be a street car. I can understand not wanting to drive 1000 miles such a car, but if it's a street car.... Granted my car isn't fast, but I drove it 3500 miles round trip despite the 120k+ miles showing on my 24 year old 'vette, hammered on it at the track in Richmond for a day and was quite comfortable doing it. Had an SCCA regional event and a drag night back in Houston as soon as I got home. Then I drove it to work. If the car can't be reliable enough to do it is it a street car?
Old 03-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Sorry guys this may not be the most popular set of rules around this site due to fact that most of the cars aren't in the class. But no reason to knock it.

Quick Reply: Do You Have The Fastest Street Car In America! New Tv Show On Speed "quick 8 "