Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Jim Halls Throttle test complete

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:00 PM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jim Halls Throttle test complete

Well, with Jim's new tune I began a week long test on his modified throttle body. I used both the race filter and the street filter for this test. I drove in traffic, freeways and mountains. The car performed fantastic. I had the tune and filter first and drove that for about 2 weeks and then my TB arrived. Jim did have to tweak the tune for me as I did have the check engine light come on and the car went into reduced power mode. Fortunately Jim had advised me to take along my laptop with the scanner software off of his web site. Jim worked really hard on the last tune and I put it in last Saturday and drove the car all week. I was able to get the car to fail pretty much in the same area every time so I knew that when it didn't fail with the last tune, I knew the car was solid. From that point I drove it to work and back every day. Today I went for a 70 mile ride and the car runs great. Just so you know you can tell a big difference with the throttle body, then when you add the race filter, you can tell another big difference. Jim's stuff works great. Well that's it for now. I am a happy camper with my car now.....................but I could still use a few more horses............ For some of you out there with Jim's tune and Tb. When you connect the cable from the lap top to the module under the dash, each time you add the tune or run the scanning program, you have to disconnect the cable and turn the car off, then turn the car back on, wait 10 seconds, then reconnect the cable then do what you need to do. The scanning software cleared the codes for me.

Last edited by vegasdude; 02-23-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Slim Shady
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I ahve the 2 PTB on the street and have put over 1000 miles on it.

I agree, the PTB is a good product and work great. I have had no problems with the lastest program.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Slim Shady
I agree, the PTB is a good product and work great. I have had no problems with the lastest program.
The truth. We have four on the road now, running fine. One has failed over and over again no matter what tune is thrown at it. My diagnosis is a bad TB. Maybe dropped or something weird.

Our ported throttle body is not for general distribution yet.

The time required to tune these buggers is so time consuming as to drive me to the bottle, and I don't mean NOS.

The work and effort of our customers like Dave and Darrell is invaluable and greatly appreciated. GT Pro has worked very hard as well to help get the bugs out.

We have a unit off to the company that ports these for us, and he has also not run into any problems.

If you have the ported throttle body, I will get the updated tune to you next week, possibly Sunday. Just don't drive with the PTB until you get the newest tune.

15 hours on the road to and from Katech, and I'm pooped.

Today I spent 8 hours on the new Killer Bee Induction, and have 50% of the prototype finished. The rest is going to be the most time consuming.

We are hoping to have testing done in about a week, with production by May.

Jim

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 02-23-2007, 05:39 PM
A427MAN
Pro

Jim,
I love the "Killer Bee" angle of your products, the ad, pic, and slogan posted above.

"Will sting the competition this summer"

The only thing is, you typoed the word "competition"

Keep up the great work! ...we all really appreciate it!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by A427MAN
Jim,
I love the "Killer Bee" angle of your products, the ad, pic, and slogan posted above.

"Will sting the competition this summer"

The only thing is, you typoed the word "competition"

Keep up the great work! ...we all really appreciate it!
Thanks!

That's because its a Killer Bee, not a Spelling Bee.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:13 PM
A427MAN
Pro

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
Thanks!

That's because its a Killer Bee, not a Spelling Bee.
Good one!

Dang, how'd you change that so fast? ...That's a cool font, too.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Brian GT PRO
Advanced

Location: Works at GT PRO Performance Tuning Modifying C5/6 Z06's in Fullerton CA, WWW.SOCALCORVETTE.COM

I am so happy that resolution has come for this product. To be honest with you guys, it's a very low profit item for Jim, but I will tell you fist hand with no sales pitch, this mod WORKS!!! I was crushed when we had to take it off for more testing, but I was so antimate about making it work I shipped it out from our shop 2 day air on my dime, so we could work together to get it resolved.

Those of you waiting in the wings, you wait will be WELL worth it, I promise and stake my reputation on it.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by A427MAN
Good one!

Dang, how'd you change that so fast? ...That's a cool font, too.

I do all my own Photoshop and marketing.

I prefer not to let the worker bees do the fun stuff.

Jim
Old 02-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO
I am so happy that resolution has come for this product. To be honest with you guys, it's a very low profit item for Jim, but I will tell you fist hand with no sales pitch, this mod WORKS!!! I was crushed when we had to take it off for more testing, but I was so antimate about making it work I shipped it out from our shop 2 day air on my dime, so we could work together to get it resolved.

Those of you waiting in the wings, you wait will be WELL worth it, I promise and stake my reputation on it.

Brian, we'll get one off to you Monday for testing. I can try our new stuff on one of your customer's tunes. Just let me know which one to do.

Jim
Old 02-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
The truth. We have four on the road now, running fine. One has failed over and over again no matter what tune is thrown at it. My diagnosis is a bad TB. Maybe dropped or something weird.

Our ported throttle body is not for general distribution yet.

The time required to tune these buggers is so time consuming as to drive me to the bottle, and I don't mean NOS.

The work and effort of our customers like Dave and Darrell is invaluable and greatly appreciated. GT Pro has worked very hard as well to help get the bugs out.

We have a unit off to the company that ports these for us, and he has also not run into any problems.

If you have the ported throttle body, I will get the updated tune to you next week, possibly Sunday. Just don't drive with the PTB until you get the newest tune.

15 hours on the road to and from Katech, and I'm pooped.

Today I spent 8 hours on the new Killer Bee Induction, and have 50% of the prototype finished. The rest is going to be the most time consuming.

We are hoping to have testing done in about a week, with production by May.

Jim
Count me in, Jim. Use the same creditcard number and send me one when you are ready.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:51 PM
thumperZ06
Great State of Utah
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Default Grins!

Originally Posted by vegasdude
Well, with Jim's new tune I began a week long test on his modified throttle body. I used both the race filter and the street filter for this test. I drove in traffic, freeways and mountains. The car performed fantastic. I had the tune and filter first and drove that for about 2 weeks and then my TB arrived. Jim did have to tweak the tune for me as I did have the check engine light come on and the car went into reduced power mode. Fortunately Jim had advised me to take along my laptop with the scanner software off of his web site. Jim worked really hard on the last tune and I put it in last Saturday and drove the car all week. I was able to get the car to fail pretty much in the same area every time so I knew that when it didn't fail with the last tune, I knew the car was solid. From that point I drove it to work and back every day. Today I went for a 70 mile ride and the car runs great. Just so you know you can tell a big difference with the throttle body, then when you add the race filter, you can tell another big difference. Jim's stuff works great. Well that's it for now. I am a happy camper with my car now.....................but I could still use a few more horses............ For some of you out there with Jim's tune and Tb. When you connect the cable from the lap top to the module under the dash, each time you add the tune or run the scanning program, you have to disconnect the cable and turn the car off, then turn the car back on, wait 10 seconds, then reconnect the cable then do what you need to do. The scanning software cleared the codes for me.
Dude

Really Glad you got the bugs out! Know this brings some grins to you.

Are you going to get any dyno tests done now?

We may have to put Jim in for Sainthood. Whatdoyathink?

ThumperZ06
Old 02-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by thumperZ06
Dude

Really Glad you got the bugs out! Know this brings some grins to you.

Are you going to get any dyno tests done now?

We may have to put Jim in for Sainthood. Whatdoyathink?

ThumperZ06
Our car dynoed 494 RWHP on the Mustang dyno with our PTB onboard prior to the cam install. 538 with just the cam, springs, and titanium retainers.

The throttle body is the point of restriction on the LS7 after the intake track leading to the throttle body. The better the flow through the TB the better the overall power.

Jim
Old 02-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Default One more thumbs up on the Halltech Ported Throttle Body

This just in:

"Jim,
I downloaded your latest program and installed the throttle body, I drove the car 34 miles with no check engine light. The car has the throttle response like my C/G Camaro use to have.I drove it normal and a little hard, Excellent job, Please keep me up to date on any modifications you may make to the program."

Jim
Old 02-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Jim,

What are you claiming as the gain with the PTB? Vegasdude was stating that it worked perfect but I assume that was testing for drivability issues. Sorry I might have missed some previous posts regarding this.

I am also curious to what DTC's where set after intitial installation during testing. Based on a reduced engine situation I would guess that the DTC0068 TPS/MAF and a DTC0121 predicted airflow vs. absolute would need to be disabled...

Howard
Old 02-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
Jim,

What are you claiming as the gain with the PTB? Vegasdude was stating that it worked perfect but I assume that was testing for drivability issues. Sorry I might have missed some previous posts regarding this.

I am also curious to what DTC's where set after intitial installation during testing. Based on a reduced engine situation I would guess that the DTC0068 TPS/MAF and a DTC0121 predicted airflow vs. absolute would need to be disabled...

Howard
DTCs were P02119 and P02101 P1516.

We have eliminated these codes by reprogramming rather than turning off the tests. All tests are active, and not throwing codes now.

Call me Monday. We can get one out to you for testing. We are down to 1 left in stock. No more will be done until we have a couple months of good reports.

Thanks Howard,

Jim
Old 02-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Sounds good Jim.

Good timing. Here in the Northeast we are starting to break the cars out for road testing!

I'll call you Monday.

Howard

Get notified of new replies

To Jim Halls Throttle test complete

Quick Reply: [Z06] Jim Halls Throttle test complete