C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intermittent problem with seat memory

Old 02-22-2007, 09:41 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 505 Likes on 292 Posts

Default intermittent problem with seat memory

It is strange I have an m6 and have it set for seat exit sometimes it will stop short of my set exit point and I will have to manually ( well press the seat buttons to move it back) other times when I press the #1 button to go to my driving position the steering wheel will advance and not the seat. If I again move the seat a little forward then press #1 again it will advance normally. Afterwards when I stop the car I get three beeps once the engine is turned off. I it will do this 3 or f4 times in a row then will be good for a week. It is starting to drive me crazy one fault in an other wise perfect car. i really don't want to bring it in to the dealer because of all the horror stories and besides it is an intermittent glitch with the likely hood of them not being able to repeat it. i feel the car is trying to tell me something with the three beeps. There is nothing in the manual about it I can see. Anyone have a similar problem and a solution?
edit
I looked again the three beeps are because it thinks the parking brake is not set.

Last edited by dashotgun; 02-22-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
BJinPass
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have this problem, too!

I just logged on to search for something on this, and, BOOM! there it is. I have the same problem you do. I also have the MN6 in my 2005 Coupe. I started having this problem a few months ago. At first, it was very infrequent, but now, it is almost every time I get in. Usually, the #1 button will move the wheel to my desired driving position, but the seat refuses to budge. If I manually advance it a little with the normal control, then press the #1 button again, it will usually go to the preset driving position. It's like the sensor that determines where the seat is can't tell it is not in the right spot or that it can't get it moving. It almost always moves to the exit position (all the way back) when I get out. I have set and reset the seat numerous times, but the problem persists. But every once and a while, it surprises me and works right.

I haven't taken it in yet, but I have to do the roof recall before the end of March (yeah, I know...) and the hatch button has quit working so I will get these things done soon, but I haven't found anything on the forum about this yet.

So, does anyone know what causes this?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:44 PM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Sounds like a classic case of Corvette seat Alzheimer's to me.

(Would be even more classic if the Corvettes were older)
Old 02-22-2007, 10:59 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

bjin pass we have the exact same problem if there is 2 of us there is more I am on here pretty regulary and have not seen it posted before. let see if someone else has the same problem and got it fixed
Old 02-22-2007, 11:06 PM
anothercrisis
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

Something similiar to this happened to me a few times very early in 05. My problem was that the steering wheel would not auto position correctly either upon shut down or sometimes it would not position correctly upon getting in and pressing #1. Later I had the traction control light and finally took it in for the harness tightening or re connection that is done in the steering column and was common in the 05's. This seemed to fix everything, so I assumed it was in the wiring connector in the column.

No problems like this since then.

Good luck.

anothercrisis
Old 02-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Derail
Racer

Where are you guys keeping your 2nd FOB?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Derail
Where are you guys keeping your 2nd FOB?

Doesn't matter if it's a manual tranny and they're pushing the button. Only the auto tranny has to figure out which fob you're using for the seat if you don't press the button.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

The C5 seats would sometimes forget their settings or memory.
As I recall you had to move all the switches to all their limits then retrain the memory.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:42 AM
PC901
Instructor

Had the seat problem and a telescoping wheel problem ( two different problems on seperate occasions) took it to the dealer and they found a bad module both times. Has been ok since (knock on wood)

Not sure about the three beeps other than your other fob may be being detected. If I get out of the car and my son stays in and he has the other fob it will give three beeps.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:19 AM
nowheelie
Racer

I've had this in the past. 05 man6, hit the memory recall button and it would move, but stop very short of it's intended goal.

I would have to move the seat (say forward a little) then hit the memory recall again and it would then hit it's mark.

This hasn't happened for a couple months now. When it did happen it was sporatically for a week.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:35 AM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by nowheelie
I've had this in the past. 05 man6, hit the memory recall button and it would move, but stop very short of it's intended goal.

I would have to move the seat (say forward a little) then hit the memory recall again and it would then hit it's mark.

This hasn't happened for a couple months now. When it did happen it was sporatically for a week.
my solution has been the same if you move the seat it remembers, the three beeps has something to do with the parking brake not being set. ( although it is ) I have an extended warranty and I hate taking it to the dealer so I think I will post pone as long as possible unless it really starts to drive me crazy This seems to be a problem that several suffered from. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the parking brake ( the car thinks it is not set?) other then replacing a module let me know if anyone found a fix for this
Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 PM
fastskyline
Melting Slicks

mine does this too but i just deal with it myself. i dont want my dealer breaking anything else!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

I am sensing a trend here
Old 02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
mickeykelley
Burning Brakes

I had the same thing happen on my 2003 Suburban AND the wife's 2004 Avalanche. It got worse with time. It only affected seat position but being long legged, any shortening of the seat caused me issues. I took it in numerous times under warranty the first 6 months. Finally complained to GM and found out that it was a bug in the computer software that was fixed in the 2005 but they had not fixed retroactively. They agreed to sent a Beta out and the dealer installed it and have not had the problem now for 85,000 miles.

Lesson is to check with dealer and/or GM that it may be a bug in computer software control that may affect only 1 year or several.

Mickey
Old 02-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Indy-hp
Le Mans Master

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by nowheelie

I had this exact experience in my C5, but it hasn't happened yet in my '06 that I recall.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:55 PM
JDB2006BlkC6Z51
Pro

I have an A6 and have issues as well. Sometimes it's the seat, sometimes it's the steering wheel or both. It occurs with the exit position as well as the driving position. One FOB in the pocket other FOB nowhere near the car.
It's not a real big deal, a little frustrating, but not worth a trip to the dealer for me.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:28 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

the trend is ggetting clearer......

Get notified of new replies

To intermittent problem with seat memory

Old 02-24-2007, 06:51 PM
boz524
Racer

I got mine back from the dealer the other day and the mirrors were out of their set postions so I pressed my button and the drivers mirror tried going way out to the point that is just started clicking and popping. I had to manually dial everything in after that. I figured it had something to do with the battery being disconnected during the service.

I reset the memory stuff for button 1 but haven't checked it since; I am thinking I should based on this post.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:03 PM
stlthxlr8r
Racer

Happend to me a couple of times (05 MN6). Get in, close door, press #1 memory - nothing. Open and close door , press #1 and it works. Hasnt been enough of a bother to go in for it but will check it out next time I go in to dealer.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:02 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I've had it happen on my 2005 MZ6. I figured out that sometimes upon hitting the "exit" button, the seat would not go all the way back to the preset "exit" position. (It would stop a half inch or so short.) When this happened upon exiting, the seat would not go to its preset no. 1 position the next time I entered the car and hit the no. 1 button. In such cases, I'd use the seat control to power the seat all the way back, then hit the no. 1 button again and it would go to the no. 1 preset position.

Eventually, I took it to the dealer and they replaced the seat control module. This corrected the problem for around 6 months but the problem has now returned. I'm taking it back again and hoping for a longer-lasting fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: intermittent problem with seat memory