Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

ECS CC Team Cup Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:29 AM
TonyB.96LT4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ECS CC Team Cup Challenge

The Corvette Club of Delaware Valley won the Club Challenge cup for the fourth time is as many years. Because of lack or little participation from other local clubs it was decided to retire the "Club" trophy to the CCDV. A "Team" cup Challenge will take it's place. Here is the format we'd like to see in the upcoming season at ETown.

ECS Corvette Challenge Team Challenge Cup

1. Have the top finishers from 2006 be the team captains of however many teams we form. Top finishers from the CCDV will captain teams made up of CCDV members. This would spread out the talent and make it more competitive.
2. Captains would put together a team roster from the people who sign up for the Challenge. Team members can be race team associates, friends, etc. You must be a points racer to be eligible for a team. Ideally there would be at least 7-10 racers per team.
3. Members of the CCDV(Corvette Club of Delaware Valley) will have our own teams among the CCDV. (See number 1)
4. Participation in the Corvette Challenge (points sign up) will determine the size and number of the teams.
5. The top 3 racers on each team will accumulate team points for each of the points races. This will allow people who can’t commit to all the races to belong to a team. If teams can’t get the minimum racers for a team then a lottery should be held of those who are not on a team to round out the teams. Team points will be counted from the Corvette Challenge point counts of the top 3 racers for each team for each race series date.
6. CCDV will do the logistics and supply the team totals to be posted on the Corvette Challenge website.
7. The team with the most points at the end of the race season will receive a Team Challenge Trophy to hold till the following year where it will then go to that years winners. Along with the trophy maybe a sponsor would step up and give a tech card or cash to all the members of the winning team.

Input, suggestions can be posted here or sent to me by email at grbngrs@comcast.net
Old 02-04-2007, 01:34 PM
SmokeGray89
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea, email sent.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:06 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Congrats to CCDV on another super season
Old 02-05-2007, 04:39 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Interesting Idea
Old 02-05-2007, 08:37 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

I like the idea.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Vic'89
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
I like the idea.
Sounds good, when is it starting ?

Vic
Old 02-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,408 Likes on 611 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by Vic'89
Sounds good, when is it starting ?

Vic
I would guess Team Captains better be picked NOW and drafting of team members will have to be completed by 8:30am March 17th.

Tony, do you think there might be more than one team representing CCDV? I see 21 CCDV names signed up for 2007 points already and there are surely more to come....
Old 02-07-2007, 09:06 PM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great idea....already on a team

Hey Glenn, good to hear from you again. Hope all is good. Will you add to the count?????????
Old 02-08-2007, 08:18 AM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

Sounds like a good idea to me and gives others a chance to win the team cup. The only Issue I see may be "padding" say you have a team with Farley, Savarese, and Devon... not that the rest of us arent good but it might be a tad unfair to the other teams if one team has all the top talent.

Just something to think about. Let me know how I can help out in any way.

Look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks
Old 02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Doug 87L98
Drifting

I'm not 100% sure, but the names you posted would all be on different teams.
Farley & Devin, Top finishers for CCDV would each captain a team. And Ralph runner up for 06 would also captain a team.

Also all of the top finishers in 06 would captain a team. So the "top talent" would not end up on the same team.

Last edited by Doug 87L98; 02-08-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,408 Likes on 611 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by mowton
Great idea....already on a team

Hey Glenn, good to hear from you again. Hope all is good. Will you add to the count?????????
Thanks Ed
Adding to the count you ask? I am part of the present 21 CCDVers already signed up. I signed up long ago.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:38 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

So let me help with some of the questions. Tony will be the administrator on this so he will have the final say if I say something wrong.

Say our top 12 finishers of 2006 will be asked if they want to be team captains.
1. Rob Farley
2. Ralph Savarese
3. David Tortolani
4. Donald Peppler Jr
5. Robert Sebrowski
6. Ronald Higgins
7. Eric Fischer
8. James Kovitch
9. Devon Bole (r)
10. John Trescott
11. Kimberly Rudolf (r)
12. Jerry Muniz

On that list are three CCDV members, Farley, Bole and Muniz. These three guys would only be allowed to choose other CCDV members. They cannot take Ralph.

Ralph would be a team captain and cannot take a CCDV'r so he cannot take Farley and since Tortolani finished third, he would be a captain and therefore Ralph cannot pick him either.

So like a Fantasy Football draft, the top talent based on last year's stats is spread out. Bargains can be found in the middle of the pack.

I would expect Tony will be contacting team captains soon. As for the team assignments, we will likely do like a draft on the first race day of the season, once we have the majority of our points drivers signed up.

So basically CCDV will split into three CCDV teams or more or less.

After the draft new drivers will be assigned to the team with the least members.

Hope this helps
Old 02-08-2007, 06:43 PM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice summary Edgar
Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm starting to feel like the Redheaded Stepchild.... I'll be left over after all the teams are full....
Old 02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jpee
I'm starting to feel like the Redheaded Stepchild.... I'll be left over after all the teams are full....
Thats OK John - whoever picks me is gonna have to let me use their car :o
Old 02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

JP, maybe you’re over the age requirement
Old 02-08-2007, 11:24 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

Not to throw a curve in this. What if I am not a CCDV club member for 07? Do I need to pick from the CCDV because I was a member in 2006? This is something I have been thinking about during the 06 season. I do not participate in any other activities with the CCDV outside of the track. I think the club members are great but I am not able to participate in club activities due to the distance of the events and meetings.

Get notified of new replies

To ECS CC Team Cup Challenge

Old 02-09-2007, 09:02 AM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

Ill take you.. afterall you are my neighbor..

Edgar: Thank you for the clarification, I think the point that I was trying to get across was that with CCDV being the only club that is really active the odds that one of them winning is greater, but there is nothing we can do about that. Too bad we cant get more local clubs involved

Last edited by SpeedRacerGirl; 02-09-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:06 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

I would think if you do not rejoin, after being lynched, you can pick whoever you want.

Kim the goal is to have teams that are even in numbers so CCDV will not have any advanatage.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:31 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by REDGAR
I would think if you do not rejoin, after being lynched, you can pick whoever you want.

Kim the goal is to have teams that are even in numbers so CCDV will not have any advanatage.
Is there to be an honest to god draft for this or can some teams be decided ahead of time?

Quick Reply: ECS CC Team Cup Challenge