Sponsored by:

Full external LED setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 PM
ericdwong
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Full external LED setup?

...I'm looking into slowly replacing all my C5's exterior lights with LED's. It will happen over time cause they're not cheap and the C5 has alot of lights, particularly when you have Euro's! I like the "instant" on/off of the LED's and low heat and little current consumption and the 'last forever" part.

I'd like to start with the the front DRL/turnsignals.

1) Does anybody have a full LED setup?
2) Can anybody recommend a specific model of amber LED that will work well with the DRL and not cause the "quick blinkey" problem?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:02 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Old 01-31-2007, 11:25 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 811 Posts

I have the complete LED kit from Corvette Enhancements and I really like my black out kit. If you are looking for something cheap, these are not what you want, but if you are looking for high quality LED Richard has the best that we can put on our Vettes and that was what I was looking for Some shots of my setup in the day and evening

Old 01-31-2007, 11:46 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by ericdwong
...I'm looking into slowly replacing all my C5's exterior lights with LED's. It will happen over time cause they're not cheap and the C5 has alot of lights, particularly when you have Euro's! I like the "instant" on/off of the LED's and low heat and little current consumption and the 'last forever" part.

I'd like to start with the the front DRL/turnsignals.

1) Does anybody have a full LED setup?
2) Can anybody recommend a specific model of amber LED that will work well with the DRL and not cause the "quick blinkey" problem?

Thanks Mr. Pan

Hello Eric, you can check out our LED light kits at the following link: http://www.corvette-enhancements.com/ We'll offer lower pricing to forum members. The site is still being refined and will inclued special forum pricing access in the future. Just PM me about any lights of interest to you.
Thanks,
Richard
Old 01-31-2007, 11:52 PM
casisthefirst
Pro

I've been wanting to replace ALL the bulbs that I possibly can in the vette, interior and exterior, and now I am finally doing it...I

I just ordered about $100 worth of LED bulbs to put in the front signals, the rear side markers, reverse back up lights, courtesy lights on the inside, glove compartment...pretty much everything except the headlights. I saw a thread a few days ago on swtiching the stock LED's in the interior too so that is def. my next move...

good luck with the switch, it is a very big improvement!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:51 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,302 Likes on 1,694 Posts

!!viva la LED!!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by jdmvette
!!viva la LED!!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 AM
JCGRCYA
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

I've swapped out all my exterior lights to LED, with the exception of the back-up lights. I used switchback LEDs for the front DRL/Turn Signal lights. You can see that thread here -> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ght=switchback
I don't know of any LEDs you can use for your front drl/turn lights that will not cause the hyperflashing. When I swapped my taillights to the halo leds, I did not have the hyperflashing. That occurred when I went to the switchbacks. I've played with load resistors/equalizer with little luck. I did contact another forum member about a solution he was experimenting with him and I am in the process of doing that. It involves adding a separate LED flasher module ($13) and worked for this forum member. I hope to install the module myself in the next couple of days, and then Mark will post the write-up he's been working on.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:09 AM
ericdwong
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JCGRCYA
I've swapped out all my exterior lights to LED, with the exception of the back-up lights. I used switchback LEDs for the front DRL/Turn Signal lights. You can see that thread here -> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ght=switchback
I don't know of any LEDs you can use for your front drl/turn lights that will not cause the hyperflashing. When I swapped my taillights to the halo leds, I did not have the hyperflashing. That occurred when I went to the switchbacks. I've played with load resistors/equalizer with little luck. I did contact another forum member about a solution he was experimenting with him and I am in the process of doing that. It involves adding a separate LED flasher module ($13) and worked for this forum member. I hope to install the module myself in the next couple of days, and then Mark will post the write-up he's been working on.
Thats awesome! Thats exactly what I want to do. Little pricey... let me know what you find out about the fast blinkey!

As for the rears, I want to keep my Euro's but install LED's in their place.

Get notified of new replies

To Full external LED setup?

Quick Reply: Full external LED setup?